Just some apples

We were staying at mama's house that night. I'd worked that day while my wife and infant son stayed with my mother. It was Thursday evening, church night for us and we'd eat supper there and go on to church.

Driving after work I passed a fruit stand not far from mama's home. I slowed down and looked at the man's produce which was very near the road. I set my eyes on some apples that were displayed and the looked delicious, they were red and yellow with little red speckles on the yellow part. Too bad I was broke and didn't have a dime on me. Oh well I'll get some next trip.

We went on to church after eating but my mother stayed at home. After the worship service we returned to spend the night. Mama had already gone to bed and my wife was attending to our little boy.

I flopped down in an easy chair to have some quiet time with the Lord and think about the day and the church service. As I sat there I saw the silhouette of something that was on the bar there in the kitchen area. The light over the counter was on and even though I couldn't tell what I was seeing I knew. It was apples. The very same apples I'd seen that very evening. As J gazed at them resting in a wooden bowl I began to cry knowing that Jesus had moved my dear little mother to fetch them girl me. As I turned all of this over in my mind I heard that stoll, small voice inside and He said "son, if I'll do the small things for you won't I also do the big things"?

Its been many years since God did that amazing deed but I've never forgotten it. Since then as He said, we've seen Him accomplish miraculous deeds both great and small. For our God it's all the same to Him, just a light thing. Praise be to God Almighty who humbles himself to see the smallest things in our lives.

Psalm 113:5-6 KJVS
Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high, [6] Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!

Deuteronomy 4:7 (NKJV)
“For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the Lord our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him?

Isaiah 65:24 (NKJV)
“It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.

Back