Knowing Falsehood When You See It

Folks, as you think through what ALL of scripture has to say about life, faith, eternity, death, and salvation, read the following short excerpts of teaching from the sourced website, and discuss what you see wrong with it. This is an exercise whereby you can sharpen your apologetics when confronting false, religious beliefs such as these:

====================

"We hold that Salvation is not a matter of belief."

"Salvation is the outcome of a process of inner unification and transformation where our consciousness is withdrawn from our ego and centered on the awakened spirit within."

"The spirit within has eternal life because it is the substance of God; living light. What we do not have is eternal consciousness."

"...The ego acts as the interface between the world and us and is the chief interpreter of our experience in the world. The ego is a function of the physical body and derives its energy and life from the body. When death is experienced the life force of the spirit is withdrawn from the body. The ego no longer has a source of energy. The ego then weakens and fades away leaving only the sleeping spirit. All awareness and consciousness associated with the ego also fades away into nothingness. This is called the second death."

"Only by transferring our consciousness over to the spirit within, which has eternal life, can we retain our conscious awareness and individual identity."

[http://gnosticwisdomfoundation.org/salvation.html]

=====================

Wowee! The image that came to my mind was of a 1960's VW van driving down the road, painted with flowers, and smoke roiling out the windows and the exhaust pipe...out into the California ocean air...

Eastern Mysticism seems to be prolific throughout many religions.

MM

Wowee! The image that came to my mind was of a 1960's VW van driving down the road, painted with flowers, and smoke roiling out the windows and the exhaust pipe...out into the California ocean air... - quote Musicmaster

Yes, I was the youngster walking on the road when that van drove by. Look what it did to me. My life hasn't been the same since.
But, Jesus saves! šŸ˜Ž
lol!

Hello Musicmaster;

I agree and appreciate your teaching "cautionary" exercise when we are confronted with false, religious beliefs that you mentioned. Years ago I would have been very impressed with all the blah blah blah.

I'll take the time to review further The Gnostic Wisdom Foundation. I'm already reading three areas that strike a nerve with my Spirit, that this site refers to human authors and thinkers. Big difference between them and God's Truth who fulfilled His glorious past and will reveal His Glorious future.

It's important to teach these to young believers, not just young in age but those young and seasoned in their discipleship, study and prayer. It's sad when someone proudly boasts they have been going to church, did all the programs and serve in the orders of worship, but don't know the difference between the Old and New Testament books, especially that warn of the deceptions that align with the antichrist.

God bless you, brother and thank you for sharing.

Folks, as you think through what ALL of scripture has to say about life, faith, eternity, death, and salvation, read the following short excerpts of teaching from the sourced website, and discuss what you see wrong with it. This is an exercise whereby you can sharpen your apologetics when confronting false, religious beliefs such as these:

====================

"We hold that Salvation is not a matter of belief."

"Salvation is the outcome of a process of inner unification and transformation where our consciousness is withdrawn from our ego and centered on the awakened spirit within."

"The spirit within has eternal life because it is the substance of God; living light. What we do not have is eternal consciousness."

"...The ego acts as the interface between the world and us and is the chief interpreter of our experience in the world. The ego is a function of the physical body and derives its energy and life from the body. When death is experienced the life force of the spirit is withdrawn from the body. The ego no longer has a source of energy. The ego then weakens and fades away leaving only the sleeping spirit. All awareness and consciousness associated with the ego also fades away into nothingness. This is called the second death."

"Only by transferring our consciousness over to the spirit within, which has eternal life, can we retain our conscious awareness and individual identity."

[http://gnosticwisdomfoundation.org/salvation.html]

=====================

Wowee! The image that came to my mind was of a 1960's VW van driving down the road, painted with flowers, and smoke roiling out the windows and the exhaust pipe...out into the California ocean air...

Eastern Mysticism seems to be prolific throughout many religions.

MM
17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 18Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
granted there is every type wind doctrine out there.. people want something to make them feel good.

that we henceforth be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and their cunning and craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

It is sad to say that babes in the Lord and many long time church goers would definetly agree with the majority of the above statements. For a LACK of knowledge my ppl PERISH

Discipline and growth teaching are fast becoming things of the past of our time.

Church, regardless the title, has declined to some only one time a week, Sunday morning. Others have social activities in place of the word on Wednesdays.

FAITH based,hell-fire and brimstone preaching is NOT PC, therefore we don't do it. Sin is acceptable but this has been going on for a long time but now it's okay to ACCEPT those things God hates and calls ABOMINABLE !

I have been speaking with many lately who don't believe in the deity of Christ, who think everything about our walk is on God's shoulders. There is little accountability for ones words, actions or lifestyle.

It is going to be even sadder on the day of reckoning and we who claim to be followers, have to state" That's what my church taught", or " That's how I was taught to interpret scripture"..... sad indeed !

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
granted there is every type wind doctrine out there.. people want something to make them feel good.
that we henceforth be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and their cunning and craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
It is sad to say that babes in the Lord and many long time church goers would definetly agree with the majority of the above statements. For a LACK of knowledge my ppl PERISH Discipline and growth teaching are fast becoming things of the past of our time. Church, regardless the title, has declined to some only one time a week, Sunday morning. Others have social activities in place of the word on Wednesdays. FAITH based,hell-fire and brimstone preaching is NOT PC, therefore we don't do it. Sin is acceptable but this has been going on for a long time but now it's okay to ACCEPT those things God hates and calls ABOMINABLE ! I have been speaking with many lately who don't believe in the deity of Christ, who think everything about our walk is on God's shoulders. There is little accountability for ones words, actions or lifestyle. It is going to be even sadder on the day of reckoning and we who claim to be followers, have to state" That's what my church taught", or " That's how I was taught to interpret scripture"..... sad indeed !

Hello, forgiven;

Amen to 1 John 2:20! The Lord gives us the opportunity to receive His promises of discernment and wisdom if only we stop worrying what feels good in our ears, instead receive the strength of TOUGH TRUTH!

God bless you, brother. Keep Preaching the Word!

Hello, D3v;

It's been an off and on month for me and I'm blessed to read what you share and agree with you, that personal Spiritual growth and discipline has waned more in these times. It's time to get back into the heart of worship otherwise we will shudder on that day of reckoning.

God bless
you, sister, and it's good to see you.

It is sad to say that babes in the Lord and many long time church goers would definetly agree with the majority of the above statements. For a LACK of knowledge my ppl PERISH

Discipline and growth teaching are fast becoming things of the past of our time.

Church, regardless the title, has declined to some only one time a week, Sunday morning. Others have social activities in place of the word on Wednesdays.

FAITH based,hell-fire and brimstone preaching is NOT PC, therefore we don't do it. Sin is acceptable but this has been going on for a long time but now it's okay to ACCEPT those things God hates and calls ABOMINABLE !

I have been speaking with many lately who don't believe in the deity of Christ, who think everything about our walk is on God's shoulders. There is little accountability for ones words, actions or lifestyle.

It is going to be even sadder on the day of reckoning and we who claim to be followers, have to state" That's what my church taught", or " That's how I was taught to interpret scripture"..... sad indeed !

I just posted this on a new thread, and here you have hit right on that topic:

PTL,
I WANT TO ...MOVE AND KEEP MOVING UP!
I would love to hear more of his speaking do you have a link to him or his name. If it was said, I missed it.
He makes me so hungry for the truth telling I used to hear.

Last edited:
Thank you MM.
I went on YT and found a lot of his sermons under sermonindex.
He reminds me of my first preachers I heard after coming to the Lord.
Love the straight unadulterated word of God.
This man is not a ppl pleaser!

Back