Knowing Supersedes Wondering

Significance is not so much in wondering about the reality of God as much as it is in knowing what His Word says of Him, because our reasoning is at times inaccurate, it being effected by our senses and “the old man.”

The “wondering” for the believer isn’t doubt of the Word but of self in attempting to achieve some type of a sense of the reality of God. Notice the word “sense,” as in the five senses, which have no commonality or production with spiritual faith, which is different in essence from natural faith of the senses.

Believing by sensual or natural faith is different than believing by non-sensual or supernatural faith (fruit of the Spirit - Gal 5:22). The prior is believing by physical proof (walking by sight - 2Co 5:7), and the latter is believing without physical proof (Jhn 20:29). Faith in God's Word provides the primary means by which the Spirit confirms within us that "we are the children of God" (Ro 8:16).

Of course, what we think about everything is inferior to what God’s Word says about everything, and it’s often here that we place too much reasoning about His Word instead of merely taking thought of His Word. Wanting to sense more of God’s reality will only yield a limited result (so don’t let it disappoint you) because there is nothing within our senses that can relate to Him.

He cannot be known by the senses but by knowledge of His Word which the Spirit teaches, and this gives increase to faith, which is the most significant aspect concerning our union or connection with God in this life (united “through faith” – Eph. 2:8); and is the reason why He gradually removed the reality of seeing (sensing) His physical workings, in provision of allowing faith to continue to grow, for faith has its use only in this life. The more physical proof one has of God, the less there will be potential for the increase of spiritual faith.

Hello netchaplain;

While reading Knowing Supersedes Wondering I thought of the significance and reality of God, sensual faith and supernatural faith, reminded me of the contrast and consequence Proverbs.

Wouldn't you agree that we could contrast more on the reality of God by His growing us in our faith, study and prayer?

Also, if we strive to grow in our faith, study and prayer, we could minimize the contrast of our
thinking and reasoning which I agree is inferior to the reality of God, and His Word?

Does this make sense?

Our personal growth is sifted daily by God and He does measure our hearts, but it takes more than that to be a disciplined disciple of Christ.

Your thoughts?

God bless you, Bob, your family and Merry Christmas.

Hello netchaplain;

While reading Knowing Supersedes Wondering I thought of the significance and reality of God, sensual faith and supernatural faith, reminded me of the contrast and consequence Proverbs.

Wouldn't you agree that we could contrast more on the reality of God by His growing us in our faith, study and prayer?
Blessed Christmas to the Family Brother and thanks for the reply! Yes, it's all about the Word and faith as the two are inseparable, as the Word not only established our faith but causes its steady increase the more it we are exposed to it. We ever have the tendency to want more reality of God from our sense but that is not faith and is why regular Word-study is the most important to spiritual growth, because of our needed contact with it.

Though it's normal to desire sensual (of the senses) reality of God, it's "the Spirit Himself" who confirms God's reality to the believer, more than what the senses cannot do (Rom 8:16).

Back