Language Matters

The language we use matters. It's how we communicate. It's how we convey meaning in the traditional sense.

I have a number of acquaintances who are experiencing, in their work areas, a small few in each who think that they are authorities over definitions and meaning by way of how they think about, and perceive, themselves and others who think the way they do. They have somehow gained in their employment an iron-fisted support base among their managers, local, international and multinational media, and in politics, which could only be orchestrated in the background so successfully by demonic interventions.

What this phenomenon seems to be accomplishing is the development of breeding grounds for the mental illness of narcissism. Oh, but how well this plays into the prophecies of these last days. It's pointed out in scripture that the magnitude of population numbers suffering from this type of mental and spiritual illness was seen in history only in the days before the flood.

So, given that words have meaning, and that being specific is important if one cares about the truth, on this basis my acquaintances have found themselves having to distance away from the rules those few and their management demand that everyone else bow their knee. Perhaps their refusing to participate will one day end at least some of their careers where they are right now, so they have had to develop novel ways to avoid playing the games of the perverse since my acquaintances refuse to adopt the language of the narcissists that make use of warped and twisted redefinitions that have no historic backdrop.

Those acquaintances do not respect the preferences of the narcissists since they do not own reality in any way. They have told me that the narcissists don't own grammar, definitions, and are not important enough to force upon all others an instruction manual on how to talk to them. The importance those few seem to place upon themselves over all others around them is, as my acquaintances have verbalized to me, a level of mental and spiritual madness that they feel it's only going to get worse as these people continue to assault reality itself, and the mental and spiritual vitality of others around them as they sap away the freedoms we have all enjoyed most of our lives.

So, it seems that more and more are being forced to question as to whether they will continue to follow the dictates of historic meaning in words and in what we see with our eyes, or give in to the blatant lies sicknesses of a small few.

Upon reflection, I've simply retreated back into the comfort of the fact that God is in control, and that by having donned the full armor of God, the weapons of their warfare remain ineffective against me. This was driven home even more deeply to me yesterday while listening to John MacArthur speaking of those who were murdered by being burned alive at the stake during the inquisitions because of their refusals to admit there was any true change in the bread and wine of the religious sacrament of that religion during the days of Bloody Mary. I don't know if we're headed into a similar situation, but we can rest assured that the Lord is always with those who look only to Him for their substance, beliefs, definitions and all of reality itself.

Amen

MM

The language we use matters. It's how we communicate. It's how we convey meaning in the traditional sense.

I have a number of acquaintances who are experiencing, in their work areas, a small few in each who think that they are authorities over definitions and meaning by way of how they think about, and perceive, themselves and others who think the way they do. They have somehow gained in their employment an iron-fisted support base among their managers, local, international and multinational media, and in politics, which could only be orchestrated in the background so successfully by demonic interventions.

What this phenomenon seems to be accomplishing is the development of breeding grounds for the mental illness of narcissism. Oh, but how well this plays into the prophecies of these last days. It's pointed out in scripture that the magnitude of population numbers suffering from this type of mental and spiritual illness was seen in history only in the days before the flood.

So, given that words have meaning, and that being specific is important if one cares about the truth, on this basis my acquaintances have found themselves having to distance away from the rules those few and their management demand that everyone else bow their knee. Perhaps their refusing to participate will one day end at least some of their careers where they are right now, so they have had to develop novel ways to avoid playing the games of the perverse since my acquaintances refuse to adopt the language of the narcissists that make use of warped and twisted redefinitions that have no historic backdrop.

Those acquaintances do not respect the preferences of the narcissists since they do not own reality in any way. They have told me that the narcissists don't own grammar, definitions, and are not important enough to force upon all others an instruction manual on how to talk to them. The importance those few seem to place upon themselves over all others around them is, as my acquaintances have verbalized to me, a level of mental and spiritual madness that they feel it's only going to get worse as these people continue to assault reality itself, and the mental and spiritual vitality of others around them as they sap away the freedoms we have all enjoyed most of our lives.

So, it seems that more and more are being forced to question as to whether they will continue to follow the dictates of historic meaning in words and in what we see with our eyes, or give in to the blatant lies sicknesses of a small few.

Upon reflection, I've simply retreated back into the comfort of the fact that God is in control, and that by having donned the full armor of God, the weapons of their warfare remain ineffective against me. This was driven home even more deeply to me yesterday while listening to John MacArthur speaking of those who were murdered by being burned alive at the stake during the inquisitions because of their refusals to admit there was any true change in the bread and wine of the religious sacrament of that religion during the days of Bloody Mary. I don't know if we're headed into a similar situation, but we can rest assured that the Lord is always with those who look only to Him for their substance, beliefs, definitions and all of reality itself.

Amen

MM
It appears that a growing segment of the population considers narcissism normative.

It appears that a growing segment of the population considers narcissism normative.

Not only that, my brother, but it's being practiced and defended as a worthwhile virtue; something to be admired and promoted in our schools in order to indoctrinate impressionable minds down into the quagmire of that mental/spiritual sickness.

MM

Not only that, my brother, but it's being practiced and defended as a worthwhile virtue; something to be admired and promoted in our schools in order to indoctrinate impressionable minds down into the quagmire of that mental/spiritual sickness.

MM
Paul describes them perfectly in Romans 1:29-32, especially verse 32b.

The language we use matters. It's how we communicate. It's how we convey meaning in the traditional sense. I have a number of acquaintances who are experiencing, in their work areas, a small few in each who think that they are authorities over definitions and meaning by way of how they think about, and perceive, themselves and others who think the way they do. They have somehow gained in their employment an iron-fisted support base among their managers, local, international and multinational media, and in politics, which could only be orchestrated in the background so successfully by demonic interventions. What this phenomenon seems to be accomplishing is the development of breeding grounds for the mental illness of narcissism. Oh, but how well this plays into the prophecies of these last days. It's pointed out in scripture that the magnitude of population numbers suffering from this type of mental and spiritual illness was seen in history only in the days before the flood.

Good morning, Musicmaster;

I had a number of acquaintances and experienced their manner around other people. Language and how they used it matters. I've seen it blow up in their face. It's humiliating.

I remember one worker who transferred to California from another city and held a nice position but she quickly made an impression blowing trumpets with associates and management by her use of language and talking very fast. I remember how she used her words giving her a professional authority in the workplace. Thing is hardly anyone challenged her. This built up her narcissism.

One day she came to our accounting department and apologized to someone who called her out for her demeanor. She apologized, (not from her heart but was socially the right thing to do in front of others.) Then she walked out with her head up.

It's amazing as a Christian in the workplace or in public social services we can discern this kind of behavior. I worked in accounting so I interacted with everyone and many times when I needed to meet with her regarding an accounting issue she used her choice of words with me and talked very fast. I would always respond slowly and ask her, what do you mean by that? At first I felt like a dummy because it gave the impression I couldn't keep up with her. But that was my pride so I'd get over myself because I wanted to know what she was saying to me, especially since it was work related. It seemed to work.

From a distance she knew I was a Christian but she would not want to go there and avoided talking to me about faith and Jesus.

Quietly I prayed for her and others who had similar attitudes. Truth be known, this does happen a lot with people in the workplace.

I would take walks during my lunch and one day as I approached the building I saw her standing in the parking lot with an office box. I made a friendly comment to her and she seemed very slow at responding and solemnly agreed to whatever I said to her. When I went back to my office I learned she was fired on the spot, thus the office box she was holding in the parking lot. I'm pretty sure I was the last one she saw from the company and I never heard of her again.

My prayer is we who are exalted to ourselves above God will be humbled, and whoever humbles themself and believe Christ exists will be exalted, to those who may be in these days and in the last days.

God bless everyone.

Bob

Language can be used as a tool to bash others over the head. For example, if I create a group and call it e.g. "The Anti-child-abuse League" then anyone who opposes me is, by definition, a child-abuser. It's warped and twisted but unfortunately such machinations often work. We see it all around us.

Back