Learning and Practicing contentment

I was pondering today something Paul said, in regards to contentment.

Philippians 4:11-13
When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I love my wife and God knows it. There was a time that I was separated from her for a time. It was a difficult time.

Fast forward. I periodically thing back on this time of separation and I'm reminded of how much I wanted to be able to do even the smallest things for my wife at that time and was unable. Today, I can do many small things. Occasionally there might be a small mess left from sunflower seed shells. I find myself thankful to be able to clean up this minor mess. It's also nice to get up early and clean the stove before she gets up. There are many honey do's that I'm happy to take care of as well.

Don't get me wrong I can grumble with the best of them at times. I deliberately strive though to show my appreciation for the woman God has given me.

One of my many favorite scriptures is:

Proverbs 18:22
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

Chuck,
I suspect that your wife is greatly appreciative of your thoughtfulness.
As I have roamed around this forum, one thing that has been quite obvious to me is that post after post, you are what is known in most Christian circles as an "encourager". You seem to find the best in everyone and share an uplifting word. It seems to come quite natural to you.
Did you have such a person in your own life?

Chuck,
I suspect that your wife is greatly appreciative of your thoughtfulness.
As I have roamed around this forum, one thing that has been quite obvious to me is that post after post, you are what is known in most Christian circles as an "encourager". You seem to find the best in everyone and share an uplifting word. It seems to come quite natural to you.
Did you have such a person in your own life?

Not really one person but many for relatively short periods. They were people that I admired and probably won't forget. One was a 5th grade teacher of mathematics. One was a boss who was very successful and moved on. One was a church elder.

cp

Aw

CP can you check verse 11, in my bible (KJV) it says

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in what-soever state I am, therewith to be content.

It's seems I didn't properly copy the scripture. My cache seems to have had Psalm 142:3 still in it. Thanks for catching it and displaying the correct verse.:(:oops::cry::notworthy:

I'll blame it on insufficient coffee:coffee:

cp

Back