Leaving the faith

U

Unregistered

Leaving the faith

I thought I was a Christian and I thought I was saved, but I've realized that this means more than I ever could have imagined. If Christianity and God are real, he is calling me to give up all my fears and to follow him unconditionally. Before I was living in hypocrisy because I did most of what God outlined in the Bible and said I was a Christian. However, I have realized that there are "small" things that I can't do even if God asks me to because of my fear. If I can't do these things, could I give up my only son for adoption if God asked me to for the furtherance of his Kingdom (this is what Rees Howells did)? Could I hurt my friends or my parents by following what seems an irrational or legalistic lifestyle if that was what God was calling me, personally, to do at a certain time of life?

Basically, I've prayed and prayed for God to release me from fears like these and to give me a love and trust for him so that I could follow Him wholeheartedly. Even this week I tried confronting my fear by doing things that are specifically hard or impossible for me to do (such as going up to strangers and starting a conversation about God). I found that I could not do it. If I am to be a Christian, I need this help from God and it seems like He is not answering.

So I know that I will be leaving the faith, no longer being a Christian (if I ever was) unless I find that Jesus has sent the Holy Spirit to me as he promised to guide me in doing the impossible. I can't live a Christian life without Him. I never loved God with all my heart, soul, and mind and I never was sure if he was answering my prayers. Now I know why. The greatest proof that God exists is that he is living and working in us. If I doubt that he is keeping his promises to me, can I really believe that he exists?

This is why I need prayer.

Don't give up on God as He never gives up on us.

Let's pray:

Dear Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus, we welcome Your presence right now in our heart and our mind. We invite You to be enthroned in every area of our lives today and every day that we are on this earth. We know that in Your presence we will find healing and wholeness. Outside of Your presence we have no life. Outside of Your presence we cannot accomplish anything of any lasting value. Help us to never be separated from Your presence by any foolish thoughts or disobedience in Your ways. Help us to praise you often and walk close to You at all times. In Jesus name we pray....AMEN

"When you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is i the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. (Matt. 6:6)

Just go to a private place and explain to God how you feel. He will hear and answer you.

God bless

Hebrews 13:4 . . . "Let your conversation be without covetousness;
and be content with such things as you have: for He (God) has said,
I will never leave you, or forsake you.

He is always with you; no matter what!

I am praying for you.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Oh no :( :( This makes me sad!
I've bee in your shoes. I've turned my back on God at a very young age. But God never, ever left me. You forgot to mention this: HE LOVES YOU. Don't leave Him. Because if you do decide to come back to Christ, it's going to be a lot harder. I was in your shoes a year ago. But honey, don't give up. Don't you ever, EVER give up.

God will love you throughout this whole life. But it's up to you to let him love you! I have tons of fear. Sometimes I dwell on them. But God doesn't condemn you for it. He doesn't JUDGE. He understands that we are humans. You will be in my prayers. I am definitely putting you on my prayer list. Please don't leave Jesus.

He wants you in His arms!

Jesus never promised us the road would be easy but with Him all things are possible if you will just let go of all those thoughts and doubts that do not come from God . These are all tricks of satan to entice you back into a world of sin and distruction .

Just focus on the Bible and look up scripture verses telling you that your salvation is real and get into a Bible believing church where other Christians can help you overcome all these fears .

Also just think where you would like to spend eternity .... in heaven with Jesus or in Hell . that is the reality of it my friend .

Let the Holy Spirit guide your life and as you yield to the Holy Spirit He will help you be an overcomer in Him . That is what Christian living is all about . It is not about us . It is about Jesus Christ and what He did for us . He gave all for us . Surely we can follow Him and do His will . It is about having a relationship with a living and true God ... who will never leave us nor forsake us as we yield our all to Him .

God bless and I am praying for you .

:smiley70: you should pray about this decission before you make it and begin to understand that in real time reality there is healthy and unhealthy fears . The truth is GOD IS YOUR REFUGE FROM FEAR , and PERFECT LOVE CASTS OUT FEAR ,and the creator of all heaven and earth and you can deal with your fears . I really pray :smiley40: you will re-consider what your about to decide to do .

I am praying for you too. Ya it is hard to follow Jesus. It's too simple. Our minds try to rationalize everything. Jesus does not rationalize HE just does it. Please don't leave your faith. Keep trusting in HIM. A lot of times God let's the not so good things happen to us. It leads us to HIM so we can ask for help. If everything was perfect we would not need God. But WE really do need HIM absolutely positively.

Dear Jesus I humbly ask YOU to lighten the load for my Bro/Sis. Show them mercy Father and love. Embrace your child and comfort him from the fears she has going through their mind. I rebuke the devil in Jesus' name. Leave him/her now. You cannot stay no longer!!
Holy spirit come upon your child and fill her cup to overflowing with your precious blood of Jesus. thank YOU Jesus. Amen

I am so sorry to hear about this friend. Sometimes we all have a hard ime with things, but i think that each of us have to find a way to give them to the LORD and allow HI to teach us what it is HE wants us to know from them.
praying that the LORD will give you the stregth to endure and hold on friend, please give HIM that chance and HE will bless you for it!

Please do not give up on God. He will never give up on you! He is with you always, and loves you unconditionally. I too have been in your place where I felt that I was losing my faith. I strayed from God for several years, and have just in the past month or so finally gotten serious about my religion. Hang in there, and pray as hard as you can. God does things in his own time. Sending you prayers and hugs!

Back