Let God do it His way

Let God Do It His Way
Elisha sent a messenger to him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and your flesh shall be restored, and you shall be clean. But Naaman was angry....
– 2 Kings 5:10-11, The Amplified Bible
7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

So often we miss out on what God wants to do for us because He doesn't do it the way we think He should. We work up an idea in our minds about how He's going to heal us, for instance. We think He's going to send some famous preacher to lay hands on us or that He's going to knock us off our feet with a blast of His power. When He doesn't, we let our faith drop and foul up what He had actually planned to do.
That's what Naaman did. He went to Elisha expecting to be healed in a particular way. When it didn't happen that way, the Bible says, he went away in a rage.
What Elisha told him to do was simple. Dip seven times in the Jordan. Naaman could do that. But it didn't fit his idea of how his healing should take place. He thought Elisha would heal him by waving his hands around and calling on the Name of the Lord.
Naaman stormed away and he would have missed out on his healing if one of his servants hadn't talked him into giving Elisha's instructions a try.
I used to be like that. I wanted spectacular experiences from God so badly I was missing out on the experiences God had planned for me. Once I realized that, I quit looking for feelings and spectacular manifestations and just started expecting God to keep His Word.
I remember I went to a meeting one night with my ankle messed up terribly. The pain was so severe it went from my foot all the way up to my shoulder blades. But I went into that meeting expecting God to heal me.
During the praise service, I ignored the pain in my foot and just sang and worshiped with everyone else. When the preaching started, I got my Bible and got involved in the Word. Sure enough, sometime during that service I was healed. I don't know when it was. I didn't feel anything. I didn't see any sparklers go off. I didn't even realize I'd been healed until after the service. I got about halfway to the door and thought, Glory to God, my foot's well!
Don't let your own ideas of how God's going to work rob you of your healing or your deliverance or your prosperity. Just trust Him and let Him do things His way. He will work mightily in you.
7CTLTGkDHAoiFIXiW2iVP6RGyp1vq-IfzkutAYHqXx4OWxZ8wyqU7eC6rybRy1Wu-ZrQAhSIz7thDLAJv0KLX1WMFvnJ1CGOGn9zfMoCwSXouI-MaJKWhfgCLWtvti0zx-tI=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 5:1-14
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

That's so amazing that God healed you during the service, I think that we're so accustomed to the supernatural that there's the danger of becoming insensitive to miracles.
Thank you for your response. I am very blessed it ministered strength to your faith As I have been healed several times of several things... the testimony is from Kenneth Copeland :) my spiritual father

Hello CTurtle;

Thank you for your thread, Let God do it His Way. Its taken me years to let God do it His Way and have gotten better, but still have to be reminded to stop putting pressure on myself in the church.

There is a lot of work to do in 2018 and your thread is great timing, CTurtle, all the glory to God!

God bless you and your family!

Hi Bob... I think it's part of the crucifying the flesh daily. And inagree it was great timing... For so many times I want to do it my way and it doesn't quite work out the way I thought... And had I don't it His way... easy peasy no mess.. lol

Blessings to you and all of yours as well :)

Cturtle your spiritual father is spot in. That’s another way to add to how the enemy can drag up through the edge backwards... having grand expectations from Him! I know the way I’d really like to meet my future guy... lol, it goes something like a Hollywood blockbuster, so yes I now can see just how these “ lovey dovey mills and boons” can get us by the neck!
Cheers hun
X

Cturtle your spiritual father is spot in. That’s another way to add to how the enemy can drag up through the edge backwards... having grand expectations from Him! I know the way I’d really like to meet my future guy... lol, it goes something like a Hollywood blockbuster, so yes I now can see just how these “ lovey dovey mills and boons” can get us by the neck!
Cheers hun
X

I think we forget sometimes that the people on the screen are just acting... And they are not really that way in real life. The writers want to create a perfect example of love... but it's really just the imagination that your right... the enemy uses to trip people up :)

Good to see you back.
Huggs

I think we forget sometimes that the people on the screen are just acting... And they are not really that way in real life. The writers want to create a perfect example of love... but it's really just the imagination that your right... the enemy uses to trip people up :)

Good to see you back.
Huggs
It's soul purpose is to entice and arouse the emotions in order to get good ratings and make money.

Ask yourself what is the sole purpose of making movies?
Why to make Money and a name for themselves.

NOTE: That is why it is crucial to be very cautious with any so called Christian movie as well.

Far to many times it is still about making money and a name for themselves.

Far to many times they still play on the emotions to entice you into "Feeling" it's so cool or soo good now watch this.....Soooooooo Godly.

Far to many times scriptures are used out of context but entice or enhance the emotional side of the movie and it goes un-noticed.
PROBLEM THERE is the same as dope operas, sorry meant soap, lol....
It gets into your thinking then you begin to be led slowly astray from God's ways and truth.

SECOND NOTE:
If a service is playing the emotions and getting you all wound up , just remember it's doing nothing to very little for your Spirit.

Blessings
FCJ

I have the same issues with people who write books as well often to make a name for themselves.
I would see this even amongst christian writers where people want to write not because God wants them to say something but so their name can be out there on the byline or they can be paid. Then everyone can talk about what they've written?! The problem with this is they are no longer glorfiying God but themselves as the author.

Well I would happily write whatever God wants me to say and actually do it for free lol. We cant make merchandise if the gospel that's not what its for. We cant sell the holy spirit or repackage the Bible in another cover and then sell it for profit while adding our names to it. Thats not the way.

People do it anyway, so we need to be discerning, just cos someone writes a book and it gets published doesnt mean its has any truth in it, ive seen so many so called christian books with a mess of scriptures like a crazy quilt cut and pasted together. And some of thse books have more pages than the Bible. Might as well just read the Bible yourself!

I have the same issues with people who write books as well often to make a name for themselves.
I would see this even amongst christian writers where people want to write not because God wants them to say something but so their name can be out there on the byline or they can be paid. Then everyone can talk about what they've written?! The problem with this is they are no longer glorfiying God but themselves as the author.

Well I would happily write whatever God wants me to say and actually do it for free lol. We cant make merchandise if the gospel that's not what its for. We cant sell the holy spirit or repackage the Bible in another cover and then sell it for profit while adding our names to it. Thats not the way.

People do it anyway, so we need to be discerning, just cos someone writes a book and it gets published doesnt mean its has any truth in it, ive seen so many so called christian books with a mess of scriptures like a crazy quilt cut and pasted together. And some of thse books have more pages than the Bible. Might as well just read the Bible yourself!

As I agree with so much of what you have said.. how do we truly honestly know what is in their hearts and what God has instructed them to do? The Bible says that only a man's spirit knows what is truly inside of them.

Thanks for sharing lanolin! Surely appreciate you

Let God Do It His Way
Elisha sent a messenger to him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and your flesh shall be restored, and you shall be clean. But Naaman was angry....
– 2 Kings 5:10-11, The Amplified Bible

So often we miss out on what God wants to do for us because He doesn't do it the way we think He should. We work up an idea in our minds about how He's going to heal us, for instance. We think He's going to send some famous preacher to lay hands on us or that He's going to knock us off our feet with a blast of His power. When He doesn't, we let our faith drop and foul up what He had actually planned to do.
That's what Naaman did. He went to Elisha expecting to be healed in a particular way. When it didn't happen that way, the Bible says, he went away in a rage.
What Elisha told him to do was simple. Dip seven times in the Jordan. Naaman could do that. But it didn't fit his idea of how his healing should take place. He thought Elisha would heal him by waving his hands around and calling on the Name of the Lord.
Naaman stormed away and he would have missed out on his healing if one of his servants hadn't talked him into giving Elisha's instructions a try.
I used to be like that. I wanted spectacular experiences from God so badly I was missing out on the experiences God had planned for me. Once I realized that, I quit looking for feelings and spectacular manifestations and just started expecting God to keep His Word.
I remember I went to a meeting one night with my ankle messed up terribly. The pain was so severe it went from my foot all the way up to my shoulder blades. But I went into that meeting expecting God to heal me.
During the praise service, I ignored the pain in my foot and just sang and worshiped with everyone else. When the preaching started, I got my Bible and got involved in the Word. Sure enough, sometime during that service I was healed. I don't know when it was. I didn't feel anything. I didn't see any sparklers go off. I didn't even realize I'd been healed until after the service. I got about halfway to the door and thought, Glory to God, my foot's well!
Don't let your own ideas of how God's going to work rob you of your healing or your deliverance or your prosperity. Just trust Him and let Him do things His way. He will work mightily in you.

Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 5:1-14
© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

I love that testimony!!
It is so true!

I am constantly reading Scripture, saying to myself,
Okay, this is common, we all know what a tree is, needing no explanation....but then reading something with no clue what it means.

Head for my minds logic? No.
More like a busy gnat, buzzing in Gods ear, tell me, show me, give me....what does this mean.

Hello God, me again, tell me, show me, give me....what does this mean.

Sometimes days, weeks go by. I'm still reading and rereading.....Hello God, me again, tell me, show me, give .... what does this mean.

Wake in the morning, filling the gas tank, shopping, driving, it seems no specific time.....and there it is, the answer.

Bells and Whistles? Flashing lights? Drum roll?
No. The answer is just there. And back to the scripture I go, rereading, and blessed with His Wisdom and Understanding.

I can explain how I go after Gods Understanding...
I read and read the Scripture, then ask and ask God.

Do I keep asking because I challange God?
No, I keep asking because I want Him to know my genuine desire to Understand according to Him.

How do I receive His Understanding?
A mystery to me. Certainly via His Power, but who can understand the magnitude of Complete Power?

Anyway ~ Just sharing.

Enjoyed your testimony.
God Bless,
IJN

I love that testimony!!
It is so true!

I am constantly reading Scripture, saying to myself,
Okay, this is common, we all know what a tree is, needing no explanation....but then reading something with no clue what it means.

Head for my minds logic? No.
More like a busy gnat, buzzing in Gods ear, tell me, show me, give me....what does this mean.

Hello God, me again, tell me, show me, give me....what does this mean.

Sometimes days, weeks go by. I'm still reading and rereading.....Hello God, me again, tell me, show me, give .... what does this mean.

Wake in the morning, filling the gas tank, shopping, driving, it seems no specific time.....and there it is, the answer.

Bells and Whistles? Flashing lights? Drum roll?
No. The answer is just there. And back to the scripture I go, rereading, and blessed with His Wisdom and Understanding.

I can explain how I go after Gods Understanding...
I read and read the Scripture, then ask and ask God.

Do I keep asking because I challange God?
No, I keep asking because I want Him to know my genuine desire to Understand according to Him.

How do I receive His Understanding?
A mystery to me. Certainly via His Power, but who can understand the magnitude of Complete Power?

Anyway ~ Just sharing.

Enjoyed your testimony.
God Bless,
IJN

Thank you so much for sharing. I truly enjoyed reading what you wrote... and your tenacious drive to gain the wisdom of The Father and then share it with others. I could almost see you as inread your words :)

I'm very blessed that you enjoyed the testimony. It's from one of my pastors. He's a very good teacher.

Blessings to you and your family!

Back