Living alone ..how not to live in fear

Alright so I wont be living totally alone but at some point I will. My parenrs have kinda drilled paranoia in my head ,my dad by always telling me who died and how on yhe news and saying someones gonna break in they just need one chance and my mom by not supporting my decision to be on my own and telling me this and that is dangerous..

I mean I totally understand being catious of ones surroundings but thwres a thick line between being aware and protective and just being paranoid.

I'm already an anxious person as it is...

So there talks dont help me.

I was even gonna not move in with my bro because taking him to and from work at night would be dangerous like anything couls happen from the time I get out of the car to going,into my apartment...but anything can happe. Anywhere..

2 students were robbed a couple days ago..so being in a group doesnt always ensure safety...

So I guess I'm asking..how can I be confident living alone (eventually) and not be a ball of fear ...while also being aware of my surroundings..

What pushed me to just go and not back down was my feiends gf she's short and small living alone...shes excited and not thinking about everything that could go wrong...

And I should be like that too.

So please help..all advice is welcome.

The biggest thing is being fully connected to Christ. As you are aware of things... you ask Him if where your going will be safe and then if you have any feelings of "no don't go" which would be a check in your spirit ... you stay away from that place. It will be a learning curve... but one well worth it.

The other big thing is that you realize that God has your back. He loves you and will protect you asking as you need His voice when He tells you to not go to a certain place. You can't live in fear that something can happen while helping your brother get to work. Trust the Lord to guide you on which way to go, and that He will get you safely back and forth to your brothers place of employment. Pray and confess ps 91 over your brother and yourself as you go about your days... learn to trust that God loves you and the enemy cannot harm you if your fully connected to God.

You both will be fine. Just don't allow the fear to have any place within you. You always keep your eyes and ears open to the Holy Spirit and your surroundings. Millions of people live alone everyday and nothing bad happens to them.

Blessings

The biggest thing is being fully connected to Christ. As you are aware of things... you ask Him if where your going will be safe and then if you have any feelings of "no don't go" which would be a check in your spirit ... you stay away from that place. It will be a learning curve... but one well worth it.

The other big thing is that you realize that God has your back. He loves you and will protect you asking as you need His voice when He tells you to not go to a certain place. You can't live in fear that something can happen while helping your brother get to work. Trust the Lord to guide you on which way to go, and that He will get you safely back and forth to your brothers place of employment. Pray and confess ps 91 over your brother and yourself as you go about your days... learn to trust that God loves you and the enemy cannot harm you if your fully connected to God.

You both will be fine. Just don't allow the fear to have any place within you. You always keep your eyes and ears open to the Holy Spirit and your surroundings. Millions of people live alone everyday and nothing bad happens to them.

Blessings
Thats true..I just need to get away from my fear mongering parents.. I'm excited to be on my own :)

You are not wrong to be observant and cautious, but no one on this earth is worthy of your fear. Going out on your own is exciting, and yes, a bit scary... don't allow yourself to be fearful. However, there is nothing wrong with educating yourself on practical things you can do that may help you to stay safe. Simple things such as parking near lights and cameras. Having your keys already in-hand ahead of time. Locking your doors immediately when you get, and keeping them locked while driving.. One thing I also do in places that concern me, is that I don't carry a purse - I will keep my keys on me, and only carry the money I plan to spend.. sometimes I might even divide it up into different pockets.
I imagine you've already been told an overload of what to do and what not to do.. but I was just sharing a few things with you that I also shared with my daughter.
Also, as for the car, I strongly suggest you learn some basics about it, and as time & money allow, keep a few basics in the trunk.. jumper cables, screwdrivers, flashlight, small air pump, can of fix-flat, tire plug kit, pliers, spare oil, and engine coolant, tire pressure guage, etc.
It will be good for you to learn about your car... this will be good and helpful knowledge for you, and allow you a little more confidence & peace of mind.
Learn how to do minor things like, change the tire, check and add oil, and engine coolant, learn how to change the battery, how to charge it, how to jump-start it. Know how to replace any blown bulbs or fuses. It's fun to learn these things, it can save you money sometimes, and help you to NOT be stuck on the side of the road at the mercy of some stranger to come along who may or may not be of any help.
Knowledge is power... empower yourself. And above all, like Cturtle said, trust God.

Are you completely by yourself or in apartment with other people nearby, do you have pets? Get to know your neighbours.

Here is a blessing God told the israelites in Deuteronomy check out chapter 28 esp verse 6

Are you completely by yourself or in apartment with other people nearby, do you have pets? Get to know your neighbours.

Here is a blessing God told the israelites in Deuteronomy check out chapter 28 esp verse 6

Hello Lanolin;

Thank you for sharing a wonderful scripture. God is our covering, amen?

Deuteronomy 28:6, 6 You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.

Hello Autumn;

When I was single and happy, I lived with room mates but decided to live by myself when I was 26. I didn't know what it would be like but it actually turned out great!

I prayed to God and asked for wisdom, confidence in Him to manage living alone and staying within my budget. I was outgoing but felt safe when I came home from work or at night.

I got overtime and made extra, except on Saturdays to go out and play softball, volleyball, etc...and Sundays to attend worship service.

I lived alone for 3 years until my wife and I got married but when my wife came home alone, I kept the outdoor light lit and asked her to be mindful of her surroundings. We also had 7 other apartments and all agreed to watch each other.

We're all praying for your decision, Autumn, God bless you and your family.

Alright so I wont be living totally alone but at some point I will. My parenrs have kinda drilled paranoia in my head ,my dad by always telling me who died and how on yhe news and saying someones gonna break in they just need one chance and my mom by not supporting my decision to be on my own and telling me this and that is dangerous..

I mean I totally understand being catious of ones surroundings but thwres a thick line between being aware and protective and just being paranoid.

I'm already an anxious person as it is...

So there talks dont help me.

I was even gonna not move in with my bro because taking him to and from work at night would be dangerous like anything couls happen from the time I get out of the car to going,into my apartment...but anything can happe. Anywhere..

2 students were robbed a couple days ago..so being in a group doesnt always ensure safety...

So I guess I'm asking..how can I be confident living alone (eventually) and not be a ball of fear ...while also being aware of my surroundings..

What pushed me to just go and not back down was my feiends gf she's short and small living alone...shes excited and not thinking about everything that could go wrong...

And I should be like that too.

So please help..all advice is welcome.

I have a deaf female family member that lives alone.
I am concerned for her, and suggested she get a companion dog.
Her response was;
1) I'm am cautious.
2) The Lord has already prepared a time to come get me.
3) In the mean time, the Lord has a whole bunch of Angels looking out for me, so I ask them to come hang out with me when I am at home, and come with me when I have some place to go.

Trust in the Lord. Ask Him for what you need.

God Bless,
IJN

Back