Lonesome Travel

I am all alone out here. Where is the relief? This man told me to follow him and he would help me in my travels but I don’t see him and don’t know what to do next. I will sit here and decide what I will do next. Blast the luck as I was doing just fine. I was a little off course I suppose but I at least had a destination in mind before this man intervened and threw me into oblivion. Such an idiot I was to take the advice of a stranger. Oh, what now will I do in the midst of my overwhelming travail? Night will fall soon and I am alone out here. No food for the trip, nor place for my head, nor blanket to protect me from the midnight chill. I would start a fire but I have no match or kindling to which I could warm myself. I will just lay down here for awhile and perhaps I will be found by a passerby who will save me from the clutches of death. How pathetic I was to have even lit out on this journey. I should have just stayed where I was in the familiar terrain of my enemies. Oh, what will I do? I will sleep here and perhaps be found dead by a passer-by who will give me the final 6-feet I need to be ended. My eyes feel heavy and suppose I will sleep now on this wretched unforgiving ground to which I will likely be under tomorrow.

Alas! Who is this rousing me from my sweet slumber? I found my escape in the stillness of my mind and yet here is one who does not care if I rest.

“Yes, what do you want?”

“I told you I would show you where to go. Why didn’t you follow?”

“I didn’t see you and gave up all hope.”

“I was standing right over there waiting for you to catch up but when you sat down, I supposed you were tired and needed to rest so I went and found you food and a blanket. I was confronted by a wild beast that slowed me while I was on my way to get the food and a stranger who slowed my travel to get the blanket. Are you ready to sleep now?”

“No, Lord, I will go on with You as You have given me the best hope of care in this land.”

“Very well, get up and we will continue on.”

-Sam (2021)

I am all alone out here. Where is the relief? This man told me to follow him and he would help me in my travels but I don’t see him and don’t know what to do next. I will sit here and decide what I will do next. Blast the luck as I was doing just fine. I was a little off course I suppose but I at least had a destination in mind before this man intervened and threw me into oblivion. Such an idiot I was to take the advice of a stranger. Oh, what now will I do in the midst of my overwhelming travail? Night will fall soon and I am alone out here. No food for the trip, nor place for my head, nor blanket to protect me from the midnight chill. I would start a fire but I have no match or kindling to which I could warm myself. I will just lay down here for awhile and perhaps I will be found by a passerby who will save me from the clutches of death. How pathetic I was to have even lit out on this journey. I should have just stayed where I was in the familiar terrain of my enemies. Oh, what will I do? I will sleep here and perhaps be found dead by a passer-by who will give me the final 6-feet I need to be ended. My eyes feel heavy and suppose I will sleep now on this wretched unforgiving ground to which I will likely be under tomorrow.

Alas! Who is this rousing me from my sweet slumber? I found my escape in the stillness of my mind and yet here is one who does not care if I rest.

“Yes, what do you want?”

“I told you I would show you where to go. Why didn’t you follow?”

“I didn’t see you and gave up all hope.”

“I was standing right over there waiting for you to catch up but when you sat down, I supposed you were tired and needed to rest so I went and found you food and a blanket. I was confronted by a wild beast that slowed me while I was on my way to get the food and a stranger who slowed my travel to get the blanket. Are you ready to sleep now?”

“No, Lord, I will go on with You as You have given me the best hope of care in this land.”

“Very well, get up and we will continue on.”

-Sam (2021)
Wow!

Back