Love believes all things

Love in the since of "believing all things" is about trust.

Paul is talking about agape love. Trusting or believing all the words and acts of God are for our good this also called meekness. Saying the words is easy enough, believing it is more difficult.

Paul is not only talking about God though because elsewhere we are told that it's impossible to truly love God if we don't love our neighbors first which we can see. Trust needs to be a part of relationships and it is a sign of our love, especially Christian relationships. Part of this trust is trusting that God will work all things together for good. In trusting people we do expose ourselves to potential harm by giving others a part of ourselves that they can use against us in some kind of way.

There's more to it but that's a start.

cp

Part of love is commitment.

For the carnally-minded true commitment is difficult because it is a conscious decision to be with someone the rest of your life despite all of the hardships and flaws that may come up.

Commitment is that willingness to bear all things that come up in a relationship and things will come up. One really doesn't know what kinds of tests or troubles that a couple may have to go through before marriage.

Commitment is the decision to trust and believe that God is in the relationship. To believe God's words regarding the glue that binds a couple together as they cleave to one another. To believe that God is actively working in your partner despite the awareness of their flaws or weaknesses that don't seem to change or improve.

Basically commitment is the willingness to act in love.

cp

I find myself being cynical a lot.

sometimes without realising it.

beliefs just come from nowhere( ?) actually I don’t know where they come from, but I think praying to believe people’s motives are good would be a good thing.

thanks to everyone who responded.
It’s made me realise I’m not a very good believer of all things so God can sort it out.

I find myself being cynical a lot.

sometimes without realising it.

It's very ease to become cynical or jaded in this world. Discretion is important especially in dealing with those that are carnally-minded, but cynicism can get in the way of love. Agape love is not natural love and it's only through the Holy Spirit that we come to truly have this kind of love.

God has already put you on the path of love just trust him as he helps you to understand better how to love God and neighbor better.

beliefs just come from nowhere( ?) actually I don’t know where they come from, but I think praying to believe people’s motives are good would be a good thing.

thanks to everyone who responded.
It’s made me realise I’m not a very good believer of all things so God can sort it out.

I'm sure that you know that faith or our belief in God comes from God. Our trust in God is sure. Trust in people is not sure. There is risk in love and God needs to be a part of any relationship because we can only be sure of God's motivations.

cp

God seems to have everything covered.

there’s a biblical verse for everything😊.

Psalm 19:14
King James Version

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Back