Bob Wille (Family)

Passed on, November 6, 2022
Now you don't need anyone to write to you about brotherly love,
since you have been taught by God to love each other.”
1 Thessalonians 4:9

Love is doing what is in the best interests of others –
regardless of cost to self.
Curt Lunsford

The Thessalonians are a group that I would have love to have met. and one day fully expect to. They must have been a great example to many.

They learned this love through much affliction.
1 Thess 1:6-7 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost: 7 So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia. (KJV)

Yes we are told that without faith it is impossible to please God. Heb 11:6 Learning to wholly trust in God I believe takes a lifetime.

You said that trusting in God "takes a lifetime". Well...what other choice would we have? There is no other "god"
who created us, sustains us, blesses us, etc. but God the Father, Jesus His Son, and the Holy Spirit who is within us.
To acknowledge those facts, and to have put our complete faith and trust in Christ, is what's required. And if we experience setbacks - great or small - we can be assured that our Father is there to help us if we ask Him.

I agree. As a young Christian, I thought I had faith. Later in life I had to learn the hard way that faith is so much more than simple belief in God. It has been a very rewarding experience as I learn to wholly put my faith and trust in God. God's promises are real. God's word is sure. We have a solid foundation on which we can stand sure in faith.

Hebrews 10:35-39 is something I strive to live by.

Back