Luke 11:5-13

Greetings,
I used to believe this was in reference to keep asking, asking over and over as in how much do you really want it. I was taught this in several churches.
Then some time back I was led to some eye opening teachings on Faith and it is has made the difference from Receiving and continue asking with no real results.

Let's look at a couple other Scriptures.

1. Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

2. 2Corinthians1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

3. Mark11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

1John5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

With these scriptures we can begin to see a pattern or set directions for Faith to be Activated with the Power to bring forth or into a manifestation of a desired result.

Now if I tell you that I will do something for you. If you believe me then you won't keep asking me because you know I will do it.

It's the same here to. If we believe the scriptures we just read then we know that we have.

When we keep on asking over and over it is as we don't BELIEVE. We are trying to convince God to do it. We are almost begging God and there is No Faith what so ever in that.

Hebrews6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

How does Patience Work With Faith?
Let's look at the Word patience.
The definition has gotten sloppy these days.
Putting up with or dealing with is how people see it today.

However let's look at a biblical view of Faith Patience.
Your Faith MUST remain the SAME CONSTANTLY AND CONSECUTIVELY THE SAME in all things.

No wavering. No swaying back and forth. Not moved by anything other then what the Word of God Says.
Always the same Trusting, Joyful Believing Faith. It remains calm and does not panic.

James1:3
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
And let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.

So this so called knocking time is really a standing strong time.
For the most part, we don't always see instant manifestation of a desired result.

This is when our enemy, giant, doubt, unbelief and more will work to keep you from getting your desired result.

It's not the time to quit or give in.
It's Ephesians6:13 Time
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

This means fighting the good fight of faith.
This means not being moved from your Faith.
Keep on knocking now means
1 stand without wavering
2 Believing
3 Speaking God's Word
4 Speaking the desired results confidently.
5 Thanksgiving, Praise

Resistance does NOT MEAN A LOCKED DOOR.
yet because of his persistence he will getup and give him as much as he needs.

Hebrews 11:1
Follow through With Faith assures us of things we expect and convinces us of the existence of things we cannot see.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith Don't Beg, plead, or barter- it sees and it believes and it receives

Blessings

Well not sure what kind of churches you went to fishcatcher jim. If they were teaching that. God doesnt withhold salvation from anyone who calls on Him. Plus He goes and prepares a place for us, its just patience on our part to inherit these promises for eternity.

What is our promise? it is the holy spirit given to us, thats what Jesus promised us. Not a job, a house, a car, a spouse, clothes or anything of the world. Its His spirit dwelling within us. If we seek hIs Kingdom and his righteousness first, everything else will be added unto us.

Acts 2:38-39 tells us 'the promise'. God had his son Jesus on his gift list to be given to US. JEsus gave himself on earth and in heaven he sent us his spirit.

It seems to me some churches have this the other way round and teach you need to have faith in the things you are asking God for, when God just asks us to have faith in Him.

It seems to me some churches have this the other way round and teach you need to have faith in the things you are asking God for, when God just asks us to have faith in Him.

Actually they are correct and will deal with this later when I am not on this mini phone
Blessings

For Starters explain
Hebrews 11:1
Mark4:22-25
Blessings to you
Um ok, I will try to explain although I'm not a theologian so I'm going to be real simple.

Hebrews 11 talks about having faith the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things that do appear.

When you read the entire chapter it talks about the heroes of faith in the OT and how people had faith in God. By faith they DID all these things (because faith without works is dead right? they didn't just SAY these things, they DID them.)
So many people doing great things in faith.
Right at the end of the chapter it talks about 'And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, recieved not the promise; God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect'

Well what is the 'better thing?" Entire book of Hebrews gives us the answer...Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.

Jesus is the promise, the end of our faith. Cos we are going to see Him, face to face.

Back