made perfect in weakness

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

made perfect in weakness

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Our inability makes room for Him to get the glory- selah

I was praying once and God told me, "your weakness is my strength". I wondered at that for some time, but I'm beginning to understand. When I feel strong, I rely on my own strength, which is limited. When I feel weak, I cry out to him and rely on his strength which has no limit.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

Amen x 10 Don!:D

I was praying once and God told me, "your weakness is my strength". I wondered at that for some time, but I'm beginning to understand. When I feel strong, I rely on my own strength, which is limited. When I feel weak, I cry out to him and rely on his strength which has no limit.

Beautiful, Don and Larry. Yes when we are at our weakest point Jesus comes in and gives us the strength and carries us the rest of the way. He is the breath we breath.... He is our strength. Thanks. Who else can give us that ? None other than our Saviour, Jesus Christ.

I believe the most dangerous time for any Christian to be when all is going well as that is when he is most likely to be self reliant.

I believe the most dangerous time for any Christian to be when all is going well as that is when he is most likely to be self reliant.

I agree. When everything in my life was perfect, I had everything I wanted, my heart was very far away from him. He had to teach me humility. Now I pray morning, noon and night, just to get through my day. I have repented for my pride and mistakes. Even though now on the surface my life is beset with problems, I have perfect peace in all circumstances.

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Our inability makes room for Him to get the glory- selah

I think a light bulb just went on when I read that. He wants us to depend on him when we feel weak. Just as we did when our little children came running to us when they were hurt. Would we have liked them to refuse our picking them up and comforting them? No, that would have made us feel bad.

But, somehow, I don't think God wants to bother with my falling down all the time. Maybe it could be considered pride. But, I'm catching on. :)

What you said is true my sis, He wants us to depend on Him when we are weak. But in truth we are weak all the time without Him and strength of self is an illusion that life can and will shatter. We were meant to live full of Him at all times and the rest is a poor substitute.
If God would let His Son die for you do you think it is to much trouble for Him to care about every detail of your life? Selah.

But, somehow, I don't think God wants to bother with my falling down all the time. Maybe it could be considered pride. But, I'm catching on. :)

Hey Bonnie, We are all in the learning stage and God is teaching us daily as we yeild to Him. God still does want to bother as you say in all that we do . He is with us 24/7 and cares so much about us. Don't worry if you fall, He will pick you up and place you back on the journey again, just as He does me. We serve an awesome God. He is even concerned about the little sparrow that falls so why not much more us as well. God Bless you Bonnie.:shepherd::shepherd:

Back