Maher May Be Strange, But He's Also Sometimes Right.

Yeah, ... I'm not sure any professed Christian should ever back Bill Maher in any way about anything.

He might speak the truth here and there, but he has slandered, beaten and battered the Christian Faith to oblivion.

Even a broken clock is accurate twice a day.

Bill Maher is about as atheist as it gets and there is no love lost between him and Christianity.

This observation would be fine if he was addressing something having to do with faith, but he's not, so I don't understand your critique. He's addressing a purely secular issue in this video, just as Petersen does on many issue pertaining to psychology and that realm of thought.

MM

And this reply would make sense if this was the first thing Bill Maher ever said publicly about anything.

On the contrary, he's been around mocking and making irreverent comments about all kinds of things since at least 1992.

Ever heard of him?

And your point is...?

Sorry, I just don't get it. I've already made it clear that any comments he would make about the Bible or faith would carry no weight with me, but he's spot on when talking about how the "...revolutionaries get drunk on their own purifying elixir..." That's just the historic, plain truth. Feminism is a prime example. Once the equalities were established, they had to continue their aggressions to justify their existence as an organizational front, so they have to start pushing more and more radical agendas, all under the guise of "doing what's right." When confronted by the statistics that show their claims false, they resort to ad hominem, false accusations and labeling. In other words, Feminism has become just another revolutionary front in the West, with its adherents choking on the foul elixir of their own sewage.

So, having avoided anything biblical as well as elements of faith in Christ, I have made a purely cultural/social observation that can stand on its own merits without having to try and judge it, and thus poisoning the well, by some other system that is not at all related in the aim and thrust of my main point.

MM

And your point is...?

Sorry, I just don't get it. I've already made it clear that any comments he would make about the Bible or faith would carry no weight with me, but he's spot on when talking about how the "...revolutionaries get drunk on their own purifying elixir..." That's just the historic, plain truth. Feminism is a prime example. Once the equalities were established, they had to continue their aggressions to justify their existence as an organizational front, so they have to start pushing more and more radical agendas, all under the guise of "doing what's right." When confronted by the statistics that show their claims false, they resort to ad hominem, false accusations and labeling. In other words, Feminism has become just another revolutionary front in the West, with its adherents choking on the foul elixir of their own sewage.

So, having avoided anything biblical as well as elements of faith in Christ, I have made a purely cultural/social observation that can stand on its own merits without having to try and judge it, and thus poisoning the well, by some other system that is not at all related in the aim and thrust of my main point.

MM
Idealists are dangerous to humanity. They tend to distort their weltanschauung through the perverted prism of their human ideology. Their view of the world is in black-and-white, us-against-them terms which causes them all too often to think in revolutionary terms to include the physical destruction of those they cannot convert. Not all Idealists are terrorists, but all terrorists are idealists.

Oh, no point at all. Just no sincere Christian should embrace the opinions of, nor yoke-up in any way whatsoever, with somebody who slanders Christ and the Christian Faith, and has for many years.

To each their own. šŸ§¤šŸ¦

Wow. Now my sincerity as a Christian is in question, simply because I observed the measure of truth in his statements about revolutionaries? Is that what you're saying?

MM

This thread has been halted pending staff review for content and possible Forum Rules violations.

It may or may not be reopened.

`

One participant in this and other recent threads is no longer a member at CFS.

This thread may now continue, but may be edited to remove additional content from the ex-member.

`

Back