Make a challenge

This thread is a challenge thread!
You can make a challenge for yourself and others and one has to do it in 21 days.

I have thought of a challenge (for myself, but I can definitely challenge others if you haven't done it before..I haven't!) is the THANK YOU challenge.

This challenge is to thank at least 21 people. (So it works out one a day)
You can record your thank yous here. Who and what for?

It can be saying thank you. Or it could be thanking them in another way, or leaving a thank you note. Or an email.

I've decided I want to thank the authors who write the many books I read! I am going to find their emails and say thank you for writing and publishing their books and how they've inspired me, or made me laugh, or think things a little differently, or shown me or taught me something. Or maybe just entertained me.

Ok there's my challenge!

Hello Lanolin;

The Bible teaches us patience but my patience comes with suffering from things I cannot change. What I mean is I want to challenge myself to be more patient with acceptance. Hopefully the suffering from things I cannot change will diminish.

Romans 12:12, 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. - ESV

Hello Lanolin;

The Bible teaches us patience but my patience comes with suffering from things I cannot change. What I mean is I want to challenge myself to be more patient with acceptance. Hopefully the suffering from things I cannot change will diminish.

Romans 12:12, 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. - ESV
Thanks for that Scriptural reminder Bob. (now only 19 more)

Hello Lanolin;

Hi Bob.
What you says is spot on for me too.

I also use this scriptures:

Romans: 8;23

But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
And….

1 Peter 5:10

King James Version

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Hello Lanolin;

Thank you Bob for posting that, that's a good challenge too!

I just finished reading a book, and at the end, the author wrote the best way to thank them is to leave a review, so I am going to do that. I'll do it on the Goodreads site, rather than Amazon, as people go there to read reviews and discuss rather than just buy books. Also it's a library book, I hadn't actually paid for it.

Hows everyone going with their challenges?
Well I'm not that good at challenging myself to do stuff. It helps if other people are doing the same challenge too.

So this month, a librarian posted a 30 day picture book challenge, and each day, we are meant to post a picture of a picture book cover, that we have read or seen that corresponds to the day's description. so day one was a picture book about cooking, day 2 was a picture book about empowerment, day 3 was a picture book about families. etc. There's a whole chart.

She created a facebook group for this with #picturebookoctober

Actually it is pretty good challenge.

The other thing I am doing is challenging my friend with the daily quiz. Every day in the paper is printed a daily quiz of 10 questions. I call her up and we do the quiz and see if we can get 10/10.

I think waking up, having breakfast and putting a smile on your face is enough of a challenge in trying times!

I have learned that 'quarantine' is French for 40 days 'quarante' as that was the original meaning....40 days.

Though I am not sure why 'pentecost' is 50 days. hmm

Anyone done a 40 day fast?

hmm
Well I finished my picture book challenge.
My new challenge is to stay off Facebook starting from this month. I've already logged out, but I just think God wants me to spend more time with Him rather than the social whirl (or drama) that is FB gossip.

I'd be constantly annoyed with random posts from people (who, I do know) that have nothing really to do with anything! Or group things, or complaints or just the pressure to always respond. And for some strange reason, I can't just bypass all that the newsfeed and the ads that have nothing to do with me. It's like tv, I feel dumber for having watched it. Anyway, I've done it before and I will do it again, the only reason I started another account was to make a group for my radio show that was on once a week but since I am taking a break from it I don't need to be always on FB. The picture book challenge was fun though but it's over now so I don't really need to login FB everyday.

hmm
Well I finished my picture book challenge.
My new challenge is to stay off Facebook starting from this month. I've already logged out, but I just think God wants me to spend more time with Him rather than the social whirl (or drama) that is FB gossip.

I'd be constantly annoyed with random posts from people (who, I do know) that have nothing really to do with anything! Or group things, or complaints or just the pressure to always respond. And for some strange reason, I can't just bypass all that the newsfeed and the ads that have nothing to do with me. It's like tv, I feel dumber for having watched it. Anyway, I've done it before and I will do it again, the only reason I started another account was to make a group for my radio show that was on once a week but since I am taking a break from it I don't need to be always on FB. The picture book challenge was fun though but it's over now so I don't really need to login FB everyday.

I agree 100% and for pretty much the same reasons. I posted a goodbye last October 2020 and haven't looked back.

Well the challenge is a bit challenging because I had two invites from people wanting me to be part of FB groups in the past week and I'm saying no. But then it wouldn't be a challenge if I didn't have these challenges. So far, logged out and blocked the site, but the temptation of to see how a person is doing (or eavesdropping on conversations that have really nothing to do with me) is still around. But I figured, the person I want to talk to or check on has email so I can always email her.

I didn't even post a goodbye Bob! I figured, new month, fresh start.

My problem is I was discerning how superficial it is but I was feeling judgmental, even to the friends going back to my childhood.

Right now my account is deactivated so I can still receive texts. If I delete then I close everything.

I don't know, maybe someday I'll go back with a fresh start.

You can say, 'am on a break'
I didn't know you could receive texts from FB though if you not logged in, well you won't see them until you go back on I suppose.

Back