Manna

Manna, you may ask? Well, that's a good question. Manna is Greek for "what is it?"

So what exactly is "Doctrine"? The word doctrine is synonymous, by translation, to an announcement of instruction. II Timothy 3:16-17 (NASB) says, "All Scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for rebuke, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man or woman of God may be fully capable, equipped for every good work".

So, literally, doctrine is the instruction of God's Word for the growth and development of the believer. Specifically for:

• Teaching - Teaching or instructing.
  • Rebuking - Censure or admonish.
  • Correcting - Chastise (lit. with blows).
  • Training - Forceful discipline
DO NOT READ BEYOND HERE IF YOU ARE A "COZY CHRISTIAN".
Pray before reading on.
Caution! The Holy Spirit may speak to you.

Last warning. Did you pray?

Doesn't sound too elegant; in fact, sounds discomforting. Yes it does and rightly so. Comfort is Satan's best ally against Christians. We instinctively want the same things done the same way and when they change we turn into some fierce prayer warriors to get things back in "order" when Jesus is actually trying to say WAKE UP! Are you actually learning and growing?

Correcting a fellow believer is not comfortable for either side. I have been admonished a few times here already and likely have upset a couple of people. These days the primary focus of most church organizations, is 'don't rock the boat!' but rowing and moving forward makes the boat rock. If Paul preached at a church today the way he admonished he would be stoned to death by the members.

***And before you report this post for being inflammatory I haven't stated anything outside of what is true from God's Word and what we know of the instinct of human nature. It is not targeting any single individual or group. It is not intended to provoke to wrath but it is hopeful that it will convict by the Holy Spirit if it applies.***

Manna, you may ask? Well, that's a good question. Manna is Greek for "what is it?"

So what exactly is "Doctrine"? The word doctrine is synonymous, by translation, to an announcement of instruction. II Timothy 3:16-17 (NASB) says, "All Scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for rebuke, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man or woman of God may be fully capable, equipped for every good work".

So, literally, doctrine is the instruction of God's Word for the growth and development of the believer. Specifically for:

DO NOT READ BEYOND HERE IF YOU ARE A "COZY CHRISTIAN".
Pray before reading on.
Caution! The Holy Spirit may speak to you.

Last warning. Did you pray?

Doesn't sound too elegant; in fact, sounds discomforting. Yes it does and rightly so. Comfort is Satan's best ally against Christians. We instinctively want the same things done the same way and when they change we turn into some fierce prayer warriors to get things back in "order" when Jesus is actually trying to say WAKE UP! Are you actually learning and growing?

Correcting a fellow believer is not comfortable for either side. I have been admonished a few times here already and likely have upset a couple of people. These days the primary focus of most church organizations, is 'don't rock the boat!' but rowing and moving forward makes the boat rock. If Paul preached at a church today the way he admonished he would be stoned to death by the members.

***And before you report this post for being inflammatory I haven't stated anything outside of what is true from God's Word and what we know of the instinct of human nature. It is not targeting any single individual or group. It is not intended to provoke to wrath but it is hopeful that it will convict by the Holy Spirit if it applies.***

I would offer a urban alternitive or another veiw point . Manna . . the bread of unfamiliarity (What is it?) .

The Jews for 400 years having became familiar with the food of this world 7 days a week when they were released from the bondage of the god of this world signified as Satan they hungered for the lukewarm meat as false peace. Familiarity can lead to contempt and murder .It kept Jesus away from his own family.in order to do the will of his Unseen Holy father.they hated him without cause. They murmured and God sent from heaven “his understanding” called Manna . Like all of the doctrines of God they fall from heaven loosed on earth, it would include the manna doctrine.

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

The faithless atheistic Jew turned that heavenly order upside down as if inspired from corrupted earth loosed in heaven It took away the understanding of God and gave it over to the oral traditions of the fathers and kings in Israel.

Deuteronomy 32:2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Numbers 11 And when the dew fell upon the camp in the night, the manna fell upon it.

I think you could say isolating the things seen the temporal from the living eternal unseen things of God

Both parables above are working together revealing the gospel understanding.

The living work of water is used in that parable to represent the living Spirit or power of Christ in us. Called the hidden manna (bread of unfamiliarity) in the book of Revelation 2:17. I think to represent the hidden gospel understanding the signified understanding In that way like with the doctrines of God the temporal seen or historical value must be mixed with the unseen work of faith. The Holy Spirit revealing His understanding not that of us .it works that way in all the parables. . The signified tongue of God

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I would offer a urban alternitive or another veiw point . Manna . . the bread of unfamiliarity (What is it?) .

The Jews for 400 years having became familiar with the food of this world 7 days a week when they were released from the bondage of the god of this world signified as Satan they hungered for the lukewarm meat as false peace. Familiarity can lead to contempt and murder .It kept Jesus away from his own family.in order to do the will of his Unseen Holy father.they hated him without cause. They murmured and God sent from heaven “his understanding” called Manna . Like all of the doctrines of God they fall from heaven loosed on earth, it would include the manna doctrine.

Isaiah 29:16 Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?

The faithless atheistic Jew turned that heavenly order upside down as if inspired from corrupted earth loosed in heaven It took away the understanding of God and gave it over to the oral traditions of the fathers and kings in Israel.

Deuteronomy 32:2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Numbers 11 And when the dew fell upon the camp in the night, the manna fell upon it.

I think you could say isolating the things seen the temporal from the living eternal unseen things of God

Both parables above are working together revealing the gospel understanding.

The living work of water is used in that parable to represent the living Spirit or power of Christ in us. Called the hidden manna (bread of unfamiliarity) in the book of Revelation 2:17. I think to represent the hidden gospel understanding the signified understanding In that way like with the doctrines of God the temporal seen or historical value must be mixed with the unseen work of faith. The Holy Spirit revealing His understanding not that of us .it works that way in all the parables. . The signified tongue of God

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
I am not sure what I just read but I think you are saying that the manna which God gave as food to keep the Israelites alive was a parable? If so, once again, I do not agree with you.

Manna was God's way of providing for Israel's physical needs as the wandered in the wilderness. Daily the nation of Israel witnessed God's supernatural power in a fire and a cloud. Six days a week God provided evidence that he would provide for Israel's needs. This manna was something unknown the people had never seen before.

Doctrine or God's instructions that we find in his word are our spiritual food.

God's way of teaching can be all of these. All that God does though is in love. More than anything this love defines his general approach to us his children. Walking in God's way we find rest or peace ( Matt 11:29). Through God's word in God's love we have gain strength and courage as we hope in the Lord (Ps 31:24). God's way leads to joy and happiness as we hope in the Lord (Ps 146:5).

Sometimes we need to be rebuked, chastised or disciplined . Thankfully this is not God's normal way of dealing with us, because if we were chastised or rebuke for all of our sins we would be enduring endless pain and suffering. Instead like David, God most often grants us mercy in our troubles and sins (Psalm 6)

Psalm 6 (KJV) - To the chief Musician on (blueletterbible.org)

God's way though does bring rest and comfort. God sent us his comforter in the Holy Spirit (John 14:16, 26; John 15:26). We that believe enter into rest (Heb 4:3)

We are also promised troubles in this life. Our rest is often in the knowledge that God is our shield and hiding place in spite of our troubles. In faith, we can have comfort and assurance that god is by our side on this narrow road god leads us on.

cp

I am not sure what I just read but I think you are saying that the manna which God gave as food to keep the Israelites alive was a parable? If so, once again, I do not agree with you.
Just the idea of "what is it" should cause a person to question the meaning of the word (a mystery) it denotes a parable using the temporal things seen to give us the "what is it ? the understanding of His faith hid from those who do not mix faith acording to the preseciptuion. for what I would call rightly dividing the parable or the poetic tongue of God. .In that way his tongue has the power to create new born again life or to kill .Manna the bread of unfamilarity is fit for kingdom life.

How would you rightly diivde the parables. seeing without Christ spoke not? What is the purpose of the hidden manna?

In the same way the refernce in Romans 1 supports the prescription (2 Corinthians 4:18) needed to interpret the unseen eternal

Romans 1:19-25 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, (the temporal) even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Not aplying the law of interpretation (2 Corinthians 4:18 ) applied to parables . . coruptible man like the body of the Son of man Jesus. Mankind , many has glored in his flesh as if God was a temporal man and not a eternal Spirit without beginnig and end of Spirit life. .And not the Son of man one of the many firstborn of belivers. We know longer know Christ after the temporal flesh forever more. The geneaology came to the perfect or complete end.

Just the idea of "what is it" should cause a person to question the meaning of the word (a mystery) it denotes a parable using the temporal things seen to give us the "what is it ? the understanding of His faith hid from those who do not mix faith acording to the preseciptuion. for what I would call rightly dividing the parable or the poetic tongue of God. .In that way his tongue has the power to create new born again life or to kill .Manna the bread of unfamilarity is fit for kingdom life.

How would you rightly diivde the parables. seeing without Christ spoke not? What is the purpose of the hidden manna?

In the same way the refernce in Romans 1 supports the prescription (2 Corinthians 4:18) needed to interpret the unseen eternal

Romans 1:19-25 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, (the temporal) even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Not aplying the law of interpretation (2 Corinthians 4:18 ) applied to parables . . coruptible man like the body of the Son of man Jesus. Mankind , many has glored in his flesh as if God was a temporal man and not a eternal Spirit without beginnig and end of Spirit life. .And not the Son of man one of the many firstborn of belivers. We know longer know Christ after the temporal flesh forever more. The geneaology came to the perfect or complete end.
Manna has nothing to do with Salvation or anything in the NT. We know what Salvation is and Jesus has revealed all mysteries to us. The only reason I posted "manna" as the title was to answer the question of what doctrine is being that I was posting in "Doctrine". Romans was written to the church in Rome and Corinthians was written to the church in Corinth and neither of them probably had ever even heard of manna. Paul was part Gentile himself and I am sure he wasn't sending subliminal messages intended to mean "manna".

Last edited:
Manna has nothing to do with Salvation or anything in the NT. We know what Salvation is and Jesus has revealed all mysteries to us. The only reason I posted "manna" as the title was to answer the question of what doctrine is being that I was posting in "Doctrine". Romans was written to the church in Rome and Corinthians was written to the church in Corinth and neither of them probably had ever even heard of manna. Paul was part Gentile himself and I am sure he wasn't sending subliminal messages intended to mean "manna".

I see it a little differently. Yes called hidden manna in Revelation 2:17. We should be careful not throw out the doctrine of manna with the oral traditions of mankind in which some do treat parables as if they were not doctrine or prophecy . Prophecy. . . the declaring of the good news of God’s will revealed from heaven . .

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Inspirations of God are the doctrines falls down like dew causing a separation from the eternal pure things of God not seen and those of corrupted of mankind the temporal seen. In that way I think Jesus washed the feet of the disciples with the water of the word the gospel giving meaning to that parable . . in order to comfort us and bring to our new born again minds the things he previously has taught us In that way Romans 1:3-4 establishes it is a commentary or witness to the gospel hid in the parables.

Using the temporal flesh of Jesus to reveal the unsen power of the father .Same power he used to sen Paul .the dual purpose of spirutl gifts the power of God working in a paerson to both will and empoer them to. No poawe is atribtued to the temporal flesh .No such thing as the flesh of holiness .God is not a man as us.

Romans1: 3-4 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Paul the temporal was moved from within. The power was hidden in his earthen body of death as it was with every new creature.

The law is established by the use of it

Numbers 11:9 And when the dew fell upon the camp in the night, the manna fell upon it.

A Coincident or the gospel hid . . . to give comfort and rest and put an end to murmuring for the bread of familiarity to slavery.. The temporal things of this world the food the disciples knew not of, the meaning was hid in that parable. The food or will power of the unseen Father working with the Son of man Jesus.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Manna literally meaning "what is it" It is designed to cause us to search for the hidden understanding in parables which without that signified language using the temporal things seen to give us the vision not seen, Christ. . . spoke not .

Like the gospel seed Christ in Genesis 3:15. Another example the work of the Holy Spirit on the fourth day when the light of His glory which lit the earth the first 3 days left and he in effect he created the corrupted time keepers (Sun and moon) winding down toward the last day when the temporal Sun and moon will be under the feet of the new creature the bride of Christ. (Revelation 12) with (Revelation 21)

The meaning to the word Israel (a metaphor) is hidden seeing all Israel are not born again Israel or a Jew is not a Jew by looking at the temporal flesh but rather that which is hidden in there new born again hearts .Or the new name the Father named the bride of Christ in Acts "Christian" A metaphor using those residents (the bride of Christ) of a city unseen, the eternal city of Christ. . Using the temporal things seen of this corrupted world to show us the eternal not seen .

The temporal land Jerusalem as Zionis the unseen eternal city. or heavenly unseen Jerusalem

Not a salvation issue but more of how can we hear God not seen by looking at the temporal things seen . Seeing he purposes hides the understanding from the lost.

There is more than one level of understanding throughout the bible the "signified" or "poetic tongue" of God. Without parables in that way Christ spoke not. In that way it was the promise of ceremonial laws using the signified language of God, all of the things used in the ceremonies as shadow of the unseen were parable or shadows of the eternal things to come beforehand .

Parables teach us how to walk by faith the unseen eternal (Christ's in us)

The whole book of Revelation is authored in that way as hidden manna. Our daily bread, the bread of unfamiliarity.

Back