Mark 3:1 - Pictures and Types (Helpful Information)

Mark 3: And Yeshua, entered the synagogue again, and a man was there who had a withered hand.

Please note this in your studies if you are curious :: The stories of the bible serve as types and pictures for us.

This is one of them in a very real sense all people come to Jesus with something wrong with them: Such as a Withered heart, or demented mind.

We all come to him and we need some intervention on his part to heal us, this is what the picture is with this man with the withered hand.

Mark 3: And Yeshua, entered the synagogue again, and a man was there who had a withered hand.

Please note this in your studies if you are curious :: The stories of the bible serve as types and pictures for us.

This is one of them in a very real sense all people come to Jesus with something wrong with them: Such as a Withered heart, or demented mind.

We all come to him and we need some intervention on his part to heal us, this is what the picture is with this man with the withered hand.

I would agree The hand represents the will in the Bible .We come to him with a corrupted powerless will . He that works in us to both will and empower us, healing us. Giving us a mighty hand .

I would add. Hand or finger both are metaphors used in parables to represent the work of the will of God who is not a man. It would seem to support that is God who works in us to both will and empower us to work with us making our burden in these bodies of death lighter .In that way with a might will . We have the treasure of that gospel power in us But would never assume it was of us.

Genesis 9:5And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Below The hand of God directing the lifes of mankind

Genesis 13:9Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.

Exodus 3:20And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go.

Daniel again showing the work of God moving the will of man as it is written so that mankind could belelieve being empower by the will of God .

Daniel 5:5 In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.

In the delivering of the law .Its the hand of God that hews out the stone tablets and with his finger he wrote the letter of the law to make.In order to no effect the oral traditions of men( I heard it through the grape vine)

.This shows us right from the beginning God is not served by human hands in anyway shape or form as a will . When the first set of stone was shattered the second time he moved Moses to hew out another set of stone and again our God wrote with his finger establishing the law of interpreting the will of God. Compare the spiritual understanding to the same understanding.. . not seen

Back