Matthew 28

Hello Yak777;

Great question!
Please share about the Baptism. In your self study, is Matthew 28: 18-20 teaching about spiritual or water immersion baptism?

I'm sorry but won't be back til Thursday and Friday, and would love to catch up and share more with you and everyone regarding this great chapter.

God bless you and your family.

Hello brothers and sisters;

In Matthew 28:18-20, 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Jesus commanded us all to go and make disciples. Whether it's in our homes, backyards, communities, wherever the Lord sends us.

But many new and seasoned believers feel they are incapable, unqualified or inadequate to share the gospel with the unreached because we don't know how to speak our faith, or we feel we have to be extremely knowledgeable with the Bible to get our witness across.

Verse 18, And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
In this verse Jesus already promised His authority on all four corners of the earth.

Verse 19, Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
In this verse Christ has already assigned each of His followers and would orchestrate every person that would cross our paths and what to say at that time and moment.

In Verse 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
In this verse the Lord promised He would not leave us on our own in the Great Commission or wherever we are in our faith walk.

There are many wonderful workshops on how to evangelize - preaching the Gospel and seeking to bring others to Christ Jesus. But when it is narrowed down, it's about telling our story, how we overcame our lives without Christ and how we came to Christ through another's witness to us, a personal revelation, or by experiences of other circumstances, all prompted by the Holy Spirit that results in our new relationship with Christ Jesus.

When we tell our story, we learn the many connections in the Bible Scriptures that teaches how others came to Jesus. We learn to discern when God puts the words on our lips and heart when we witness to the unreached. At that moment when the unreached accept our testimony and receive Christ, they also receive the belief of the Trinity - The Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

I have witnessed and ministered two areas regarding Baptism in verse 19. When a brother or sister repents of their lifelong sins, they received Christ, and I baptized them Spiritually. This is the promise of eternity with Jesus when we are saved.

When there is no water nearby, then we would follow immediately with a scheduled time for water immersion, making their public proclamation that they were going to seriously follow and serve Jesus.

Other times, while on a church site with a baptism pool, or at a lake, beach, pool, even a jacuzzi, etc..I would encourage the new believer right then and there to be baptized by water immersion, again, making their public proclamation that they were going to seriously follow and serve Jesus.

As believers, is the Pastor or church leaders teaching the Great Commission in your home church? Do they have evangelism on the top of the priority list for training disciples such as ourselves? If not, then we need to lift prayers for our pastors and church leaders in these profound areas of Jesus' command.

Thank you, Yak777, for your thread.

God bless you all and your families.

Back