Mercy

“For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” Romans 9:15

I have been being tortured in this life from the beginning up until now and it continues getting harsher and harsher. The only slither of hope I had was knowing God wouldn’t leave me but with the scripture above how could I ever know whether God wants to show me mercy/compassion? With this information, I don’t really have any reason to live as my life is inexplainable with how atrocious it has been. Anyone else who were in my shoes may have ended it a long time ago but I didn’t yet.

I was just hoping and trying to keep faith.
But I can’t know God’s mind and whether he wants to help me or not. If he doesn’t want to I can’t change that.

“For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” Romans 9:15

I have been being tortured in this life from the beginning up until now and it continues getting harsher and harsher. The only slither of hope I had was knowing God wouldn’t leave me but with the scripture above how could I ever know whether God wants to show me mercy/compassion? With this information, I don’t really have any reason to live as my life is inexplainable with how atrocious it has been. Anyone else who were in my shoes may have ended it a long time ago but I didn’t yet.

But I can’t know God’s mind and whether he wants to help me or not. If he doesn’t want to I can’t change that.
Mercy and grace is found in the Person of Jesus Christ...

(Joh 1:17) For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(Rom 3:21) But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

(Rom 3:24) being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
(Rom 3:25) whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

Mercy and grace is found in the Person of Jesus Christ...(Joh 1:17) For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (Rom 3:21) But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, (Rom 3:24) being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, (Rom 3:25) whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

Hello AlexJada;

I read your thread and wanted to add what crossnote posted.

Without patronizing or condescending you I can relate to everything you shared in Mercy and what you have been going through in your life.

One of the worst times in my life happened when I was 20 years old. Everything surrounding what happened seemed to crumble as well. When someone said "I still have my whole life in front of me" just didn't sink in at the time. "God loves you and won't forsake you" also fell short with me.

At the time nothing could reverse and take me back before this undesirable circumstance happened.

I can say the healing was a brutable process but I slowly got past it. There were lessons I grasped and eventually did see much better days.

AlexJada, there is no way you will figure it all out on your own but He already knows you and will carry you through it.

Ride it out, better days are ahead and this part of your life will pass.

My story happened 47 years ago. I'm relieved I didn't do anything rash as you say, others would have ended it long ago.

James 1:12, 12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. - ESV

Isaiah 43:2, 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. - ESV

Hang in there. Those of us who read your thread are already praying for you.

God bless you, AlexJada, and thank you
for your honesty and sharing.

Hello AlexJada;

I read your thread and wanted to add what crossnote posted.

Without patronizing or condescending you I can relate to everything you shared in Mercy and what you have been going through in your life.

One of the worst times in my life happened when I was 20 years old. Everything surrounding what happened seemed to crumble as well. When someone said "I still have my whole life in front of me" just didn't sink in at the time. "God loves you and won't forsake you" also fell short with me.

At the time nothing could reverse and take me back before this undesirable circumstance happened.

I can say the healing was a brutable process but I slowly got past it. There were lessons I grasped and eventually did see much better days.

AlexJada, there is no way you will figure it all out on your own but He already knows you and will carry you through it.

Ride it out, better days are ahead and this part of your life will pass.

My story happened 47 years ago. I'm relieved I didn't do anything rash as you say, others would have ended it long ago.

James 1:12, 12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. - ESV

Isaiah 43:2, 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. - ESV

Hang in there. Those of us who read your thread are already praying for you.

God bless you, AlexJada, and thank you
for your honesty and sharing.
Thank you so much for sharing those scriptures as they encourage me a little more. I have been in so much pain and going through such torture. I am happy for you and God bless you too.

I have been being tortured in this life from the beginning up until now and it continues getting harsher and harsher.
I am so sorry to hear this and will pray for you. I know it's little consolation but you are not the only one suffering. Take what solace you can in the knowledge that you are not alone.

The only slither of hope I had was knowing God wouldn’t leave me but with the scripture above how could I ever know whether God wants to show me mercy/compassion? With this information, I don’t really have any reason to live as my life is inexplainable with how atrocious it has been. Anyone else who were in my shoes may have ended it a long time ago but I didn’t yet.
In my worst sorrow, when I was literally dying (or at least so it seemed), Luke 4:12 (paraphrased) came to me with great comfort: 'Thou shall not put the Lord, thy God, to the test.'

Here's the actual quote from King James:

'And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.' (Luke 4:9-12 KJV)

God loves you and is helping you in ways unimaginable. Hold on to that. 🙏

Jason

Here's a passage that has helped me immensely when despondent and worried...

ROM 5:10 Wuest: For though, while being enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by the life He possesses

It's great in any translation...

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.ESV

Last edited:
The fact that you have a desire shows God working on you. For scripture says we do not seek Him but He us. Our human nature wants a relationship with God as we experience here on our natural journey but our senses weren't designed for that purpose, and for good reason. I'm sure you've noticed for example when you are trying to pray your mind goes all over the place, goes to show our fallen condition. I imagine in perfection there can't be any distractions from our objective because everything is perfect and nothing will jerks us around. About depression, depression in itself has never killed anyone but if the devil can lay that on a person then that person may accomplish the devils objective, distruction. So it is a Christians calling to recognize the evil one and resist him, and like a physical work out you get stronger by doing it. As scripture says, count all trials and troubles as golden opportunities, not a sign of judgement, for God knew your path from the beginning. We know there is nothing new befallen us that is not common to man so don't let the devil tell you that he has you in a corner.

Back