Micah 1:5-6

Micah 1:5-6
KJV 5 For the transgression of Jacob is all this, and for the sins of the house of Israel. What is the transgression of Jacob? is it not Samaria? and what are the high places of Judah? are they not Jerusalem? 6Therefore I will make Samaria as an heap of the field, and as plantings of a vineyard: and I will pour down the stones thereof into the valley, and I will discover the foundations thereof.
JuliaSmith 5 For the transgression of Jacob all this, and for the sins of the house of Israel What the transgression of Jacob? Is it not Shomeron? And what the heights of Judah? Are they not Jerusalem? 6And I set Shomeron for the rubbish of the field, for the plantings of a vineyard: and I poured down its stones into the valley, and I will uncover its foundations.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

5 Israel had turned their hearts from God to idols, this started because they didn’t want to make the trip to Israel to the temple so they set up pagan temples so they could worship but by doing this they rejected the Lord. Judah wouldn’t fall until later because they would further serve the Lord but they would fall into false worship and be judged later as well.

6 For years the place was like this. They wouldn’t be in the land for years. God’s judgment will come in time the question is are we right with Him?

Back