Micah 1:7-8

Micah 1:7-8
KJV 7 And all the graven images thereof shall be beaten to pieces, and all the hires thereof shall be burned with the fire, and all the idols thereof will I lay desolate: for she gathered it of the hire of an harlot, and they shall return to the hire of an harlot. 8 Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls.
JuliaSmith 7 And all her carved images shall be beaten down, and all her gifts shall be burnt in fire, and all her images I will set a desolation: for she gathered from the gift of a harlot, and they shall turn back even to the gift of a harlot 8 For this I will lament and wail; I will go stripped and naked: I will make wailing as jackals, and mourning as the daughters of the ostrich.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

7 Idols were to be done this way when they came upon them but instead sinful they set many up. The only temple gifts were intended to be given to the Lord but they made other gods and devote themselves to them. Since the people were in this false faith, God would be the one to make sure the destruction of this falsehood of sin was carried out. Temple prostitutes were common in the false religions and often are what dragged others into that belief.

8 The people would weep and wail but it also hurt God’s heart that He had to do this that the people turned so far away from Him. The people would be left with nothing but the Lord could restore it all if they just came back to Him. No matter what happens in life, we have hope in the Lord.

Back