Micah 6:12-14

Micah 6:12-14

For the rich men thereof are full of violence and the inhabitants thereof have spoken lies and their
tongue is deceitful in their mouth.
Therefore also will I make thee sick in smiting thee, in making thee desolate because of thy sins.
Thou shalt eat, but not be satisfied; and thy casting down shall be in the midst of thee.
And thou shalt take hold, but shalt not deliver; and that which thou deliverest will I give up to the sword.

Amen

It seems that God is basically saying through Micah, that sin must be punished and that God allows unfortunate circumstances in everyone's life. I suppose this is how he chastises people. It is the same today although more in symbolic senses. Making thee desolate for example, can be leaving a person to dwell in their sins. Sin can cause suffering and it is punished in this world as well as in Gods. This is why God hates sin so much. Eating but not being satisfied can refer to having a job, a sinner tends to not work hard or be impressive to the employer. There are many thing i could say about this.

Back