Missing church due to conflicts with school

Missing church due to conflicts with school

Hey guys!
It's been a while since the last time I posted and I am in need of some advice. I have missed a lot of church lately. Last Sunday, I was unable to attend because I had been sick all weekend. This Sunday, I missed evening services tonight because I had a ridiculous amount of homework to due. I would have started on it yesterday but I couldn't because my father bought UGA football tickets and I was dragged to the game I really didn't want to go because I'm just not that interested on football but I couldn't just tell him no because he already bought the tickets.
Anyway, I realize that I am frequently having to miss services because I have homework or either a test to study for. I feel bad because I really do want to go to church but I don't want to do poorly in school either. Depending on what i have to do, homework can take me a while because I have ADHD which I do take medication for but in certain subjects, I cannot help but take a while on because I am not as strong in them as others. For example, I started on chemistry (she always give us a lot of homework) at 2:00 and I just finished at 6:15.
I love the Lord with all my heart and I don't want to be putting other things ahead of him. Am I a bad person for missing church to do homework?

If you are able to ask that question, then your answer is no, you are not a bad person. Just be aware, that life is very much like this. Once you get out of high school and begin moving forward with your life, it will only get harder to make time for church.

Back