Moden day traps

I want to ask all of you, do you consider weather forecast and people predicting " scientifically" earthquakes and what not as modern day fortune telling?

And do you consider excessive coffee consumption as modern day intoxication? Mind you, the coffee is known as a powerful psychoactive drug.

Thanks

I want to ask all of you, do you consider weather forecast and people predicting " scientifically" earthquakes and what not as modern day fortune telling?

And do you consider excessive coffee consumption as modern day intoxication? Mind you, the coffee is known as a powerful psychoactive drug.

Thanks

No and No and No
(y)

Thanks
No I don't either
Blessings

image.jpeg

Thanks
I would believe that any fortune telling would be through channeling a spirit - I would imagine that people who research on predicting earthquakes, or the weather etc would be using scientific equipment to measure the weathers forecast etc, so no it's not modern day fortune telling.

Re: coffee, hard to say because some people would suggest that excessive alcohol or excessive energy drink consumption would be intoxication to your body too. I guess it comes down 1 Corinthians 6:19.

I don't think using algorithms and other equipment is modern day fortune telling; they are not summoning any supernatural forces; merely using tools to examine weather patterns.
I hope coffee is not modern day intoxication because I have many mugs a day; there is a passage I have found that relates to specific drinks in way of intoxication. Actually coffee gets me through the day (and God of course). ;)

Proverbs 20:1 [Full Chapter] - Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

Its notable that this passage does not prohibit these drinks but warns that if you abuse them, this is not a clever decision.

Thanks

You are confusing scientific abilities with the occultic and witchcraft.

Deuteronomy 18:10-14................
"There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the Lord your God. 14 For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the Lord your God has not appointed such for you."

Many and I mean many who call themselves Christians consider the Ouija board a harmless toy and think of a séance as a parlor game. Many more read horoscopes and visit fortune tellers and have physic readings.

All of these are very dangerous and Christians are warned to stay away from them. But alas, the warnings are laughed at and then those people wonder why their lives are so messed up.

I don't think using algorithms and other equipment is modern day fortune telling; they are not summoning any supernatural forces; merely using tools to examine weather patterns.
I hope coffee is not modern day intoxication because I have many mugs a day; there is a passage I have found that relates to specific drinks in way of intoxication. Actually coffee gets me through the day (and God of course). ;)

Proverbs 20:1 [Full Chapter] - Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

Its notable that this passage does not prohibit these drinks but warns that if you abuse them, this is not a clever decision.

Correct. There is no specific Bible verses against alcohol consumption or tobacco us for that matter. There are several about our bodies being the temple of God but not specific about their consumption. Please do not think I am advocating them because I am not. Only stating the facts.

Correct. There is no specific Bible verses against alcohol consumption or tobacco us for that matter. There are several about our bodies being the temple of God but not specific about their consumption. Please do not think I am advocating them because I am not. Only stating the facts.
I agree. :)
As with anything, we must keep Jesus in mind at all times - He'll show us the right path.

Back