Moral Fallacies

This just struck me as I splish-splashing around in the tub today:

There's a rather large and extensive list of "logical" fallacies listed on many websites across the web, but nobody seems to have yet put together a list of MORAL fallacies.

The scenario that came to mind is one of those Bollywoodesque fallacies we have all seen in movies, shows, books, magazines, etc., where this can be asked:

"Why would any woman want a man she can lure away from his present wife, given that such is a MORAL FALLACY?"

After all, if she wins over the kind of man who would leave his wife for her, then what's to keep him from leaving her for yet another woman who lures him away yet again?

The flaws in such a man's character (including the woman who lured him away) are morally flawed, and therefore his harboring moral fallacies given that his foundations for morality are self-defeating, and therefore immoral.

Some might say that what the Bible considers to be immoral are all moral fallacies...

Yes, I agree, but I can't find any list formally defined anywhere on the web...other than reading the Bible.

What ya think? Should we all work together to formulate a formal list of MORAL FALLACIES?

MM

So, what I'd like to do is say to you who may think you are too simple to grasp this topic and its content, and therefore perhaps your not wanting to take an interest in this topic, PLEASE stick with me on this. I will try to make it worth your while.

It is very important for you ALL to grasp this, because you have, and are going to encounter continually the fallacies in the thinking of your grandkids, your kids, and many others of your extended family, neighbors, acquaintances, friends, and yes, in the workplace...moral fallacies are all over the place in all cultures where paganism and humanism have taken such a stronghold.

I'm here to try and equip you with an understanding rather than a bunch of highly technical jargon language that will not do you or anyone else any good. This is an endeavor to show to you that because of the Light of Christ within you, you are NOT simple and ignorant. You are under the Wings of the One who knows all, and is able to give to you ALL that you need to engage those around you.

Psalm 91:1-4
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler.

Some out there may see this is being WAY too sophisticated a topic, but if I may, this really is not rocket science. It strikes at the middle grounding between biblical absolutes and cultural liberality. In other words, we've all heard the excuses in favor of each individual deciding for himself as to what is right and what is wrong. This absolutely violates God's commands upon the world and even governments.

So, let's walk this path together and share the gold, silver and precious gems of truths that withstand all the fires of testing.

MM

Back