Motivating our brothers and sisters in Christ to read the scriptures.

Hello all
My name is Bill .
I am trying to work with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ trying to get folks to read their Bibles. One thing I am trying to avoid it the pack your bags your going on a guilt trip method .
That doesn’t work. I am looking for what works . Have y’all had any positive experience in this area ? Please share your success and failures in this area . We can learn from both . Looking forward to your input.
Blessings
Bill

Hello all
My name is Bill .
I am trying to work with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ trying to get folks to read their Bibles. One thing I am trying to avoid it the pack your bags your going on a guilt trip method .
That doesn’t work. I am looking for what works . Have y’all had any positive experience in this area ? Please share your success and failures in this area . We can learn from both . Looking forward to your input.
Blessings
Bill
Brother you are in good company. God the Father has been doing the same thing for a very long time.
You can leed a Christian to a bible but you can't make him drink of it. Lol kind of sounds like a horse who need to be led around.

Praying that God would fill them with the desire to feast in His Word comes to mind.
Philippians 2:13
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

Blessings
FCJ

Hello all
Blessings
Bill

My secular job before requires me to travel a lot, and I find comfort if I will find a Gideons bible inside the room... at least , in a way, it tells something that the hotel management is somehow strives for or shares something that we Christians steadfastly believe on...

although I will only browse it, the Gideon's bible, to find verses am familiar with, or the first few pages where one can find the different languages. translation of John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,...".. of course, one cannot finish reading it for a short stay :)

what am saying is I think it will be nice if it will less pages, say it only contains the Book of John or Luke's or Matthew or Mark + Acts...

I am doing an online bible conference. Its called Flourish and it was for women, someone had the idea of colouring in bibles or doing artwork in the margins of your Bible, like they used to do illuminated manuscripts in the olden days.

So thats how the 'inspire Bible' came about and apparently women, especially american women who are mothers are getting into it, like they got into things like scrapbooking as a craft. Its a tactile way of getting into the Word.

Its become really big and women are bonding and showing off their Bibles as works of art, looking at scripture and sharing. I dont know what the men do! I once tried to introduce colouring books for adults at one church but that didnt go down too well. I thought if the children do it why not the adults? I used to think it was a bit of a waste of time when I was teaching children instead of them hearing and singing the Word or acting it out, as a filler, but actually people learn in different ways and it reinforces what the word says especially if its the Word its being illustrated.

Also then you e got something colourful and beautiful to share, and gift to your children, well if youve got any. Like a family heirloom. I've never had anything that precious handed down to me,but its kind of like for mothers who want to save their things for their children.

Yes, so think about getting your coloured pencils out and stickers and crayons etc and colouring in.

Another thing I learned with doing Bibles in schools is, if you read stories from the Bible, dont tell it all at once. Save some for next time so that everyone looks forward to 'what happens next'. Stop on a 'cliffhanger'. Lol

Think of the Bible as like a mystery, that we are invited to find out more. Those who want to be in the know will want to read and find out more.

Keep telling stories from the Bible whenever you can. Introduce people to characters in the Bible. For example, theres a rainbow in the sky. You can talk about Noah. Do you know who Noah is? If they say no, then you get to tell the story of this righteous man who built an ark because God called him, and how all the animals went in two by two, and there was a huge flood....

Another thing I learned with doing Bibles in schools is, if you read stories from the Bible, dont tell it all at once. Save some for next time so that everyone looks forward to 'what happens next'. Stop on a 'cliffhanger'. Lol

Think of the Bible as like a mystery, that we are invited to find out more. Those who want to be in the know will want to read and find out more.

Keep telling stories from the Bible whenever you can. Introduce people to characters in the Bible. For example, theres a rainbow in the sky. You can talk about Noah. Do you know who Noah is? If they say no, then you get to tell the story of this righteous man who built an ark because God called him, and how all the animals went in two by two, and there was a huge flood....
You know I believe God intended the scriptures to be that way No matter how many times we may read our Bibles we learn something new each time . I can’t count the times that I get this cool moment where I realize something profound.
You also get those really cool insights from everywhere in scripture. The whole Bible is just packed with what God wants us to know and discover. It’s truly A gift from our Lord.
Thanks for your post and thoughts!
Blessings
Bill

Back