Music I Recommend

Huntingteckel

Inactive
I figured I'd do this rather than continue to post new threads.

1. Oh, Sleeper

2. Hands

3. Becoming the Archetype

4. August Burns Red

Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Are you just quoting a random Bible verse or are you trying to make a point?

5. Showbread

6. Overseer

7. Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

8. To Speak of Wolves
These guys are messy but I love the raw energy in their music.

Are you just quoting a random Bible verse or are you trying to make a point?
What do you think? Do you enjoy music that brings glory to Christ? I had a Christian friend that listened to this type of "Christian" music, they ended up killing themselves. I don't believe this music is inspired by the Holy Spirit and at best is just entertaining not edifying.. But I allow that some have a different opinion, I do consider this my opinion as I understand the things of God.

What do you think? Do you enjoy music that brings glory to Christ? I had a Christian friend that listened to this type of "Christian" music, they ended up killing themselves. I don't believe this music is inspired by the Holy Spirit and at best is just entertaining not edifying.. But I allow that some have a different opinion, I do consider this my opinion as I understand the things of God.

It isn't just metal fans that commit suicide.
Did you listen to the Oh, Sleeper song? I don't see how someone that listens to that song can say that it isn't touching regardless of personal taste. Actually, the first three songs I posted are deeper than anything I hear on the Christian radio. A lot of "Christian" music is very shallow and almost interchangeable. You can think what you like about the style of singing, but that doesn't change the fact that the lyrics are obviously inspired.

It isn't just metal fans that commit suicide.
Did you listen to the Oh, Sleeper song? I don't see how someone that listens to that song can say that it isn't touching regardless of personal taste. Actually, the first three songs I posted are deeper than anything I hear on the Christian radio. A lot of "Christian" music is very shallow and almost interchangeable. You can think what you like about the style of singing, but that doesn't change the fact that the lyrics are obviously inspired.
I don't see it friend..and I don't see folks who really walk with God in the Spirit committing suicide either. And yelling in anger is not singing...its yelling in anger.

I don't see it friend..and I don't see folks who really walk with God in the Spirit committing suicide either. And yelling in anger is not singing...its yelling in anger.

Alright. You don't like this type of music, and that's fine. I honestly couldn't care less. People that listen to pop and country commit suicide too, so I don't know what your point is. I don't see any anger in this music. In the Oh, Sleeper song especially, I feel that the yelling is very appropriate for God's voice. It shows power and I like it.

I actually didn't like this music until recently. The past four years, really and this music actually brought me to Christ. That's why I made this thread. So that people that enjoy this type of music have alternatives to some of the hate filled metal out there.

Alright. You don't like this type of music, and that's fine. I honestly couldn't care less. People that listen to pop and country commit suicide too, so I don't know what your point is. I don't see any anger in this music. In the Oh, Sleeper song especially, I feel that the yelling is very appropriate for God's voice. It shows power and I like it.

I actually didn't like this music until recently. The past four years, really and this music actually brought me to Christ. That's why I made this thread. So that people that enjoy this type of music have alternatives to some of the hate filled metal out there.
Well I don't listen to pop or country, I listen to music that exalts and glorifies Christ. But I do not condemn this music, but I have not seen any fruit from it either?

Well I don't listen to pop or country, I listen to music that exalts and glorifies Christ. But I do not condemn this music, but I have not seen any fruit from it either?
I just showed you the fruit. It was mainly this music that helped me come to the Bible and then to Christ. That is fruit. I am not going to argue with you over this. If you don't like the music then you should have clicked the back button on your browser when you listened to the first song.

I just showed you the fruit. It was mainly this music that helped me come to the Bible and then to Christ. That is fruit. I am not going to argue with you over this. If you don't like the music then you should have clicked the back button on your browser when you listened to the first song.
Yes the fruit is amazing...:rolleyes:

Each to their own but I need something I feel uplifting after some of that. I'll go.

I'm far from sure I agree with the the competition thing it's part of btw. For those not in the UK who may not have heard of him, the presenter Aled Jones was a child pop star:

He still sings these days:

I don't think that screaming music is bad.. I think it just doesn't make any sense with Christianity music. I also think the same thing with most Christian rap.

With christian rap, they are always trying to sound tough, and act like a gangster or something.. It doesn't make sense. I'm not condemning any of it, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense.

I don't think that screaming music is bad.. I think it just doesn't make any sense with Christianity music. I also think the same thing with most Christian rap.

With christian rap, they are always trying to sound tough, and act like a gangster or something.. It doesn't make sense. I'm not condemning any of it, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense.
Yea I seen a so-called "Christian" rapper "hunch" like a sexual act, across a stage...? With their hands on their private area? What is that!...That was on CBN...:rolleyes:

Brian, that sounds about right. I honestly didn't expect this much crap for posting this type of music. Oh, well.
Lecrae is pretty good if rap is your thing.

I don't like Trip Lee as much as Lecrae but I do like this song.

Back