Must one Hold to the trinity to be saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As that is how God described Himself in the scriptures!
Where does God describe himself as a trinity? I can show you where it says that He is one God and thou shalt have no other gods.
Trinity is not scriptural so where does it come from....
Jesus Christ is God's flesh manifestation.
St. John 1 it says 'in the beginning' - now tell me where does eternity have a beginning?
Instead it was the beginning of God manifesting Himself in creation - as the Logos/Word'.

Where does God describe himself as a trinity? I can show you where it says that He is one God and thou shalt have no other gods.
St. John 1 it says 'in the beginning' - now tell me where does eternity have a beginning?
Instead it was the beginning of God manifesting Himself in creation - as the Logos/Word'.
I would simply ask, "Which of the three is not God? ...The Father?, the Son? or the Holy Spirit?"

I would simply ask, "Which of the three is not God? ...The Father?, the Son? or the Holy Spirit?"
Could it not be that it is God in different manifestations?
We are one creatied being and so we try to make everything fir into our perspective.
No one can understand God. A being that has every molecular movement in the universe in control... No beginning and no end.
Our commission is to believe not to understand.
We will have all of eternity to marvel at His greatness, and we will never reach the end.
Won't that be a glorious time!!!

I'm still looking for the verse that says, "Believe on the Trinity and thou shall be saved."

Actually, I do believe once someone has come to saving faith, being born again, they will not deny the Trinity once it has been explained to them from Scripture.
One must hold that Jesus is God in order to have the real Jesus and eternal life!

Jesus was with the father in heaven from all etrnity, as both he and the father were and are Yahweh, as Modualism and Oneness always been seen as heresy!

We are one creatied being and so we try to make everything fir into our perspective.
No one can understand God. A being that has every molecular movement in the universe in control... No beginning and no end.
We will have all of eternity to marvel at His greatness, and we will never reach the end.
Modualism and Oneness are both heresy though!

By denying the Trinity, one is claiming to understand. Again...

The problem, of course is that God presents Himself as ONE - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - without entering into any REAL explanation of that fact.

SO when one says "I believe in the trinity" they really have NO IDEA whatsoever what they're saying in quantifiable terms.

Personally I don't bother with "Trinitarian Theologies" that attempt to define the undefinable. All that I see as important is that:

GOD IS ONE - Father Son, and Holy Spirit - however that works in the absolute, AND God is well beyond Human Understanding. He SAYS that He is, and that's O.K. with me.

When I was Born Again and everything changed 58 years ago "Theology" didn't enter into the process, which was simply Eph 2: 8,9.

Hi YeshuaFan,

I believe that God unfolded the revelation of Himself, His character and His purposes, over time. Thus people were saved (from judgment)before Christ, only knowing of God, (the whole Godhead). However as God unfolded His purposes through Christ, we see that people now need to believe and accept that Jesus is also a part of the Godhead, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit too, (part of the Godhead, God the Spirit).

I am going to say No to the answer….for this reason.

There are many places throughout the world where there is not the access to information or teachings.

As Crossnote brought up, one must be taught the trinity …it is not something you can learn from the Bible on your own regarding salvation …that’s been proven.

So lets say you have those with access to the Bible, but no outside sources, which is not implausible. They read in the Bible Romans 10: 9&10 or Acts 2:38 regarding salvation….are they saved …Yes!

I have not posted for awhile, but...

When one asks "must one hold to the Trinity to be saved", we must be clear what we perceive the alternative to be.

Ignorance is not rejection.

If we say that the alternative is to understand the core of the issue (deity of Christ) reject the trinity and deny the godhood of Jesus, then the answer is that one cannot accept the sacrifice of the Lamb if one does not believe the in the lamb.

But, if we were to say that someone that does not (and never has considered) the issue, but trusts God and accepts Jesus death on the cross as payment for their sin, even if they are unclear about the underlying theology, they are still saved.

Consider this: Persons in Israel were saved throughout history (even before Christ). Those that were saved prior to Christ were still saved through His blood, even if they had no clear understanding of who their redeemer would be.

In general, I am skeptical of taking a true Biblical principle and making a checklist of what constitutes truth in any situation. The principles are _descriptions_ of how God operates. They are only approximations. In the final sense, God will have mercy on who He has mercy, and condemn who He condemns. It is not Him following rules, it is the scriptures describing Him.

The problem, of course is that God presents Himself as ONE - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - without entering into any REAL explanation of that fact.

SO when one says "I believe in the trinity" they really have NO IDEA whatsoever what they're saying in quantifiable terms.

Personally I don't bother with "Trinitarian Theologies" that attempt to define the undefinable. All that I see as important is that:

GOD IS ONE - Father Son, and Holy Spirit - however that works in the absolute, AND God is well beyond Human Understanding. He SAYS that He is, and that's O.K. with me.

When I was Born Again and everything changed 58 years ago "Theology" didn't enter into the process, which was simply Eph 2: 8,9.
God though has defined Himself as being 3 persons, each one who is God!

I am going to say No to the answer….for this reason.

There are many places throughout the world where there is not the access to information or teachings.

As Crossnote brought up, one must be taught the trinity …it is not something you can learn from the Bible on your own regarding salvation …that’s been proven.

So lets say you have those with access to the Bible, but no outside sources, which is not implausible. They read in the Bible Romans 10: 9&10 or Acts 2:38 regarding salvation….are they saved …Yes!
They would trust in Jesus as being God, but once saved, would have to accept trhe trinity, and the Holy Spirit Himself testifies to God being father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit!
Oneness and Modualism both have a different Jesus then the biblical one!

God though has defined Himself as being 3 persons, each one who is God!
Jesus instructs us to PRAY TO FATHER with HIS (Jesus') AUTHORITY (in His name). The problem, of course is that we generally HAVE NO IDEA what our authority is (probably no authority at all). Peter KNEW what AUTHORITY he had when he encountered the cripple at the temple gate. Paul "knew nothing but Jesus and Him crucified" so that people's conversions would be based on the POWER OF GOD, and not the persuasion of MEN.

NO!

We are saved bu believing and accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as the payment for our sin.

AFTER that is done and we learn and grow in the Christian faith we will soon realize that believing and accepting Christ is the same as believing and accepting the Trinity.

It is then that we realize that Belief in the Trinity is an essential to salvation!

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 NASB
[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, [13] which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words. [14] But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God (e.g. Trinity), for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back