My Book : God Released Me From Belief In Reincarnation

WEBSITE
http://newagedangers.wordpress.com/

God Released Me from Belief in Reincarnation

Originally published by Editions Téqui, 2010

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Introduction

From Belief in Reincarnation to Total Faith in Resurrection………………………………………………………….…1

Conclusion………………………………………………………………9

INTRODUCTION

Dear readers, my searching for the true God did not stop during my spiritual adventure through spiritism, occultism, and esotericism. I fought with myself for years to come to understand that reincarnation was a complete heresy, and it is only through prayer of the Most Holy Rosary and study of the Word of God that I owe my present belief in the Holy Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Throughout my esoteric studies, I clung tightly to belief in reincarnation and hereafter I will develop this topic.

Why have I decided to enlighten my brothers and sisters?

Quite simply, because now I am released from this heresy and I stick with all my heart to the Resurrected Lord Jesus Whom I feel alive in me after each Communion; I take to heart that those who believe in this heresy will turn to the true Catholic faith for the well-being of their souls.

Thanks to my various lectures around the world, I met many people who only believed in reincarnation, and after the Holy Spirit acted in their souls, abundant graces were granted to them in that they believed in the essential truths of the faith in the Holy Resurrection of the Lord Jesus.

To those who believe that reincarnation exists, I simply say what is taught by the Catechism of the Catholic Church on this subject:

“Death is the end of man’s earthly pilgrimage, of the time of grace and mercy which God offers him so as to work out his earthly life in keeping with the divine plan, and to decide his ultimate destiny. When ‘the single course of our earthly life’ is completed (Lumen Gentium, 48 § 3), we shall not return to other earthly lives: ‘It is appointed for men to die once’ (Hebrews 9: 27). There is no ‘reincarnation’ after death” (1013).

I also explain to people I meet that all Christians believe in God Who is creator of the flesh; all believe in the Word Made Flesh to redeem flesh; and finally all believe in the completion of creation and the resurrection of the flesh.

By death the soul is separated from the body, but in the Resurrection, God will give incorruptible life to our body transformed by reunion with our soul.

Just as Christ is risen and lives forever and ever, the saved will be resurrected on the last day.

I personally believe in the true resurrection of this flesh that we now possess.

St. Paul tells us: “So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable, what is raised is imperishable. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body” (1 Corinthians 15: 42-44).

Prior to resuscitating, man, as a consequence of original sin, must undergo bodily death, which he would have escaped if he had not sinned.

Jesus, the Son of God, freely suffered death for us in a complete and free submission to the will of God, His Father.

By His death He conquered death, opening to all people the possibility of salvation.

FROM REINCARNATION BELIEF TO TOTAL FAITH IN RESURRECTION

Dear readers, for years I tried in vain to know my past lives because I firmly believed in reincarnation.

To do so, my chakras were opened in a spiritistic center in Marseille where the guru received me personally one day, just to proceed to what he called “a broad cleansing.” He started to open my third eye chakra, then my heart chakra and following this, a broad cleansing began which lasted two-and-a-half years.

During this period, I suffered agonies daily and the more the suffering intensified, the more I recalled my past lives. I could see myself living in a particular country, embodying this kind of character, or condition of life.

Gradually I understood the trick of the devil, because in fact he was creating these visions, and what I got a flash of them in me was pure Satanic illusion.

I took interest in reincarnation through esotericism and spiritism.

In esotericism, you should know that concepts such as reincarnation are borrowed from the Far East – karma for example.

I will try to define karma, since it is not a Christian term, but is nevertheless used by many Christian people.

We all live our life on earth as we wish and at the end of this very life – when we die – what we have done with it will be carried over from this incarnation to the next, in a new character.

We have the choice to do good or evil during our earthly life. This is our free will. This freedom which we exerted, we shall find it in our next incarnation, and we will have to deal with the consequences of our past actions.

This is what I learned about karma in my various esoteric studies.

In some esoteric orders, they teach about the ego transmigration from one incarnation to another, through different bodies. There would be seven subtle bodies.

According to certain esoteric teachings, our astral body can be transformed during one life-time based upon the spiritual progress we made. So we accumulate good or bad actions.

In spiritism, I read some books written by Allan Kardec (1804-1869), founder of the false religion of Spiritism.

According to him, man would be composed of three elements that dissociate at death: the soul is

embedded in the physical body through an astral body (which is a kind of etheric envelope called Perispirit).

This Perispirit enables spirits to manifest themselves through the phenomena of ectoplasm (making themselves visible) or hearing or moving objects; it was again he who explained that even the spirits of dead people (which he called the disembodied but not extricated yet from the Perispirit) can seize somebody’s intelligence or man’s other faculties making himself a medium or a channel.

Allan Kardec has even dared to name a book, “The Gospel According to Spiritism,” and after having studied at length all the books on spiritism – and there are lots of them – I can certify that all teach reincarnation.

I personally threw away all those books to only keep Catholic ones.

In spiritism, man would consist of a body, and a Perispirit, and a Divine Spark within him.

So from now on, we can note that whether in esotericism or in spiritism, the inner being would be divine in nature and thus, he could save himself while coming back to earth so as to purify himself; this means he does not need to appeal to God to save him, nor to the various sacraments God gave to the Catholic Church for man to walk toward holiness. Therefore man could build himself up alone.

In a nutshell, we are right in the middle New Age; man is no longer God’s creature but man is God himself since he can save himself alone. Of course all this is total heresy.

Why a heresy? Well, simply because reincarnation is never mentioned throughout the Old Testament and it does not appear anywhere at the time Our Lord Jesus lived.

You will never find the word “reincarnation” in divine revelation, which has been closed once and for all.

What God has not revealed, necessarily cannot be.

Christ, when He was on earth, never spoke about reincarnation; on the contrary He announced His resurrection and in His great goodness, when He was on the cross to save us, in the three-hour long agony, He answered the good thief: “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise” (Luke 23:43).
It is easy to understand that if Christ promised Paradise, the good thief did not reincarnate. He believed in Jesus as his Savior.

The good thief, having suffered like Jesus on the cross, received the infinite mercy of the Lord – Who did not speak about purgatory or hell even though they are the dogmas of the Faith – but He simply opened the sky to him, and in my lectures, when speaking about the dangers of New Age, I often evoke this passage from the Gospel of Luke because it seems essential to me.

The Holy Bible speaks several times about the resurrection. The Bible has never considered the idea of several deaths: the Epistle to the Hebrews tells us this: “[…] But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the age to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And just as it is appointed for men to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him” (Hebrews 9:26-28).

We see that man can die but once.

The Catechism tells us that we are one body and soul.

362 The human person, created in the image of God, is a being at once corporeal and spiritual. The biblical account expresses this reality in symbolic language when it affirms that “then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7). Man, whole and entire, is therefore willed by God.

363 In Sacred Scripture the term “soul” often refers to human life or the entire human person (Cf. Matthew 16:25-26; John 15:13; Acts 2:41). But “soul” also refers to the innermost aspect of man, that which is of greatest value in him (Cf. Matthew 10:28; 26:38; John 12:27; 2 Maccabees 6:30), that by which he is most especially in God’s image: “soul” signifies the spiritual principle in man.
364 The human body shares in the dignity of “the image of God”: it is a human body precisely because it is animated by a spiritual soul, and it is the whole human person that is intended to become, in the body of Christ, a temple of the Spirit (Cf. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 15:44-45):
Man, though made of body and soul, is a unity. Through his very bodily condition he sums up in himself the elements of the material world. Through him they are thus brought to their highest perfection and can raise their voice in praise freely given to the Creator. For this reason man may not despise his bodily life. Rather he is obliged to regard his body as good and to hold it in honor since God has created it and will raise it up on the last day (Gaudium et Spes 14 § 1; cf. Daniel 3:57-80).

365 The unity of soul and body is so profound that one has to consider the soul to be the “form” of the body (Cf. Council of Vienne [1312]): i.e., it is because of its spiritual soul that the body made of matter becomes a living, human body; spirit and matter, in man, are not two natures united, but rather their union forms a single nature.

366 The Church teaches that every spiritual soul is created immediately by God – it is not
“produced” by the parents – and also that it is immortal: it does not perish when it separates from the body at death, and it will be reunited with the body at the final Resurrection (Cf. Pius XII, Humani Generis; Paul VI, CPG § 8; Lateran Council V [1513]).

367 Sometimes the soul is distinguished from the spirit: St. Paul for instance prays that God may sanctify his people “wholly,” with “spirit and soul and body” kept sound and blameless at the Lord’s coming (1 Thessalonians 5:23). The Church teaches that this distinction does not introduce a duality into the soul (Cf. Council of Constantinople IV [870]). “Spirit” signifies that from creation man is ordered to a supernatural end and that his soul can gratuitously be raised beyond all it deserves to communion with God (Cf. Vatican Council I, Dei Filius; Gaudium et Spes 22 § 5; Humani Generis).

368 The spiritual tradition of the Church also emphasizes the heart, in the biblical sense of the depths of one’s being, where the person decides for or against God (Cf. Jeremiah 31:33; Deuteronomy 6:5; 29:3; Isaiah 29:13; Ezekiel 36:26; Matthew 6:21; Luke 8:15; Romans 5:5).

To understand the love of God and the unreality of reincarnation, I think it is important to know what exactly the mission of the Son is.

The Second Vatican Council II tells us:
The Son, therefore, came, sent by the Father. It was in Him, before the foundation of the world, that the Father chose us and predestined us to become adopted sons, for in Him it pleased the Father to re-establish all things (Cf. Ephesians 1:4-5 and 10). To carry out the will of the Father, Christ inaugurated the Kingdom of heaven on earth and revealed to us the mystery of that kingdom. By His obedience He brought about redemption. The Church, or, in other words, the kingdom of Christ now present in mystery, grows visibly through the power of God in the world. This inauguration and this growth are both symbolized by the blood and water which flowed from the open side of a crucified Jesus (Cf. John 19:34), and are foretold in the words of the Lord referring to His death on the Cross: “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all things to myself” (John 12:32). As often as the sacrifice of the cross in which Christ our Passover was sacrificed (1 Corinthians 5:7), is celebrated on the altar, the work of our redemption is carried on, and, in the sacrament of the eucharistic bread, the unity of all believers who form one body in Christ (Cf. 1 Corinthians 10:17) is both expressed and brought about. All men are called to this union with Christ, who is the light of the world, from whom we go forth, through whom we live, and toward whom our whole life strains (Lumen Gentium, 3).
Dear readers, All Christ’s riches “are for every individual and are everybody’s property” (John Paul II, RH 11). Christ did not live his life for himself but for us, from his Incarnation “for us men and for our salvation” to his death “for our sins” and Resurrection “for our justification” (1 Corinthians 15:3; Romans 4:25). He is still “our advocate with the Father,” who “always lives to make intercession” for us (1 John 2:1, Hebrews 7:25). He remains ever “in the presence of God on our behalf, bringing before him all that he lived and suffered for us” (Hebrews 9:24)

[Catechism of the Catholic Church, 519].

We note that it is written that Christ suffered for us, once and for all. So He will not return to save us again.

We are to be faithful in this one life on earth and do what He asked us to be saved: Feeding the poor, visiting the sick, the prisoners, pray for our salvation and all our brothers and sisters, and believing in Him...

We are to remain faithful to the Holy Catholic Church and accept the washing of our souls in the Blood of the Lamb so that one day we may appear holy and blameless before Him. It is easy for a Christian to go and take the sacraments and purify himself during his earthly life, so that at the time of his death he might be saved.

The Gospels contain several proofs of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus:

“But the angel said to the women, ‘Do not be afraid; for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and behold, he is going before you to Galilee; there you will see him […]’” (Matthew 28:5-7).
“for he was teaching his disciples, saying to them, ‘The Son of man will be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him; and when he is killed, after three days he will rise’” (Mark 9:31).
“Afterward he appeared to the Eleven themselves as they sat at table; and he upbraided them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen” (Mark 16:14).
So we are all invited to be believers, for the Lord Jesus saves all who believe in Him and no one will snatch us out of His hand if you come back to the Christian faith.

He loves us so much and suffered so much to save us, and is still suffering until we are all united in heaven with Him in His Mystical Body.

If we believe in reincarnation, we are on the road to perdition, as long as there is no true repentance.

The Lord Jesus told us that many are called but few are chosen.

Therefore we are invited to fight until the last moment of our lives to keep our faith intact, unblemished; so that we be considered worthy of the Kingdom.

Dear readers, there is more evidence of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus:

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 638: “We bring you the good news that what God promised to the fathers, this day he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus” (Acts 13:32-33). The Resurrection of Jesus is the crowning truth of our faith in Christ, a faith believed and lived as the central truth by the first Christian community; handed on as fundamental by Tradition; established by the documents of the New Testament; and preached as an essential part of the Paschal mystery along with the cross:

Christ is risen from the dead!
Dying, he conquered death;
To the dead, he has given life. (Byzantine Liturgy, Troparion of Easter)

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 639: “The mystery of Christ’s resurrection is a real event, with manifestations that were historically verified, as the New Testament bears witness. In about a.d. 56 St. Paul could already write to the Corinthians: ‘I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, and that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the Twelve. . .’ (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). The Apostle speaks here of the living tradition of the Resurrection which he had learned after his conversion at the gates of Damascus (Cf. Acts 9:3-18).”

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 643: “Given all these testimonies, Christ’s Resurrection cannot be interpreted as something outside the physical order, and it is impossible not to acknowledge it as an historical fact. It is clear from the facts that the disciples’ faith was drastically put to the test by their master’s Passion and death on the cross, which he had foretold (Cf. Luke 22:31-32). The shock provoked by the Passion was so great that at least some of the disciples did not at once believe in the news of the Resurrection. Far from showing us a community seized by a mystical exaltation, the Gospels present us with disciples demoralized (“looking sad” [Luke 24:17; cf. John 20:19]) and frightened. For they had not believed the holy women returning from the tomb and had regarded their words as an ‘idle tale’ (Luke 24:11; cf. Mark 16:11,13). When Jesus reveals himself to the Eleven on Easter evening, ‘he upbraided them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen’ (Mark 16:14).”

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 644: “Even when faced with the reality of the risen Jesus the disciples are still doubtful, so impossible did the thing seem: they thought they were seeing a ghost. ‘In their joy they were still disbelieving and still wondering’ (Luke 24:38-41). Thomas will also experience the test of doubt and St. Matthew relates that during the risen Lord’s last appearance in Galilee ‘some doubted’ (Cf. John 20:24-27; Matthew 28:17). Therefore the hypothesis that the Resurrection was produced by the apostles’ faith (or credulity) will not hold up. On the contrary their faith in the Resurrection was born, under the action of divine grace, from their direct experience of the reality of the risen Jesus.”

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 645: “By means of touch and the sharing of a meal, the risen
Jesus establishes direct contact with his disciples. He invites them in this way to recognize that he is not a ghost and above all to verify that the risen body in which he appears to them is the same body that had been tortured and crucified, for it still bears the traces of his Passion (Cf. Luke 24:30,39-40,41-43; John 20:20,27; 21:9,13-15). Yet at the same time this authentic, real body possesses the new properties of a glorious body: not limited by space and time but able to be present how and when he wills; for Christ’s humanity can no longer be confined to earth and belongs henceforth only to the Father’s divine realm (Cf. Matthew 28:9, 16-17; Luke 24:15,36; John 20:14,17,19,26; 21:4). For this reason too the risen Jesus enjoys the sovereign freedom of appearing as he wishes: in the guise of a gardener or in other forms familiar to his disciples, precisely to awaken their faith (Cf. Mark 16:12; John 20:14-16; 21:4,7).”

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 646: “Christ’s Resurrection was not a return to earthly life, as was the case with the raisings from the dead that he had performed before Easter: Jairus’ daughter, the young man of Naim, Lazarus. These actions were miraculous events, but the persons miraculously raised returned by Jesus’ power to ordinary earthly life. At some particular moment they would die again. Christ’s Resurrection is essentially different. In his risen body he passes from the state of death to another life beyond time and space. At Jesus’ Resurrection his body is filled with the power of the Holy Spirit: he shares the divine life in his glorious state, so that St. Paul can say that Christ is ‘the man of heaven’ (Cf. 1 Corinthians 15:35-50).”

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 648: “Christ’s Resurrection is an object of faith in that it is a transcendent intervention of God himself in creation and history. In it the three divine persons act together as one, and manifest their own proper characteristics. The Father’s power ‘raised up’ Christ his Son and by doing so perfectly introduced his Son’s humanity, including his body, into the Trinity. Jesus is conclusively revealed as ‘Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his Resurrection from the dead’ (Romans 1:3-4; cf. Acts 2:24). St. Paul insists on the manifestation of God’s power (Cf. Romans 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:4; Philippians 3:10; Ephesians 1:19-22; Hebrews 7:16) through the working of the Spirit who gave life to Jesus’ dead humanity and called it to the glorious state of Lordship.”

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 649: “As for the Son, he effects his own Resurrection by virtue of his divine power. Jesus announces that the Son of man will have to suffer much, die, and then rise (Cf. Mark 8:31; 9:9-31; 10:34). Elsewhere he affirms explicitly: ‘I lay down my life, that I may take it again … I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again’ (John 10:17-18). ‘We believe that Jesus died and rose again’ (1 Thessalonians 4:14).”

Catechism of the Catholic Church, 653: “The truth of Jesus’ divinity is confirmed by his Resurrection. He had said: ‘When you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he’ (John 8:28). The Resurrection of the crucified one shows that he was truly ‘I Am,’ the Son of God and God himself. So St. Paul could declare to the Jews: ‘What God promised to the

fathers, this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus; as also it is written in the second psalm, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”’ (Acts 13:32-33; cf. Psalm 2:7). Christ’s
Resurrection is closely linked to the Incarnation of God’s Son, and is its fulfillment in accordance with God’s eternal plan.”
Catechism of the Catholic Church, 654: “The Paschal mystery has two aspects: by his death, Christ liberates us from sin; by his Resurrection, he opens for us the way to a new life. This new life is above all justification that reinstates us in God’s grace, ‘so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life’ (Romans 6:4; cf. 4:25). Justification consists in both victory over the death caused by sin and a new participation in grace (Cf. Ephesians 2:4-5; 1 Peter 1:3). It brings about filial adoption so that men become Christ’s brethren, as Jesus himself called his disciples after his Resurrection: ‘Go and tell my brethren’ (Matthew 28:10; John 20:17). We are brethren not by nature, but by the gift of grace, because that adoptive filiation gains us a real share in the life of the only Son, which was fully revealed in his Resurrection.”
Catechism of the Catholic Church, 655: “Finally, Christ’s Resurrection – and the risen Christ himself – is the principle and source of our future resurrection: ‘Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. . . For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive’ (1 Corinthians 15:20-22). The risen Christ lives in the hearts of his faithful while they await that fulfillment. In Christ, Christians ‘have tasted. . . the powers of the age to come’ (Hebrews 6:5) and their lives are swept up by Christ into the heart of divine life, so that they may ‘live no longer for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised’ (2 Corinthians 5:15; cf. Colossians 3:1-3).”

CONCLUSION

The man in his life on earth – the conversion of his heart, being constantly renewed – must believe in the gospel and live it. A lifetime is given as a conversion time, and gives us time to choose between God and Satan, between the Christian faith and false doctrines.

We are to choose freely, but no conversion is possible after death.

Faith in Resurrection is to be an event both: 1) historically attested to by the disciples who have actually met the Risen One, and 2) mysteriously transcendent as put into to the humanity of Christ in the Glory of God.

If the Lord Jesus had not raised me personally, I would have never testified about what He did for me and in me. I was dead and He bought me back to life while giving me His Life.

“If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through his Spirit who dwells in you” (Romans 8:11).
Dear readers, I can now say together with Saint Paul, “if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain” (1 Corinthians 15:14).
If, as a poor, unnecessary missionary of Lord Jesus, I would not believe in His resurrection and in mine, then I would not be in harmony with all my work of evangelization in parts of the world.

Jesus Christ raised me!
Long live Christ’s resurrection, Alleluia!

Thank You, Jesus, for giving us just this one life for us to decide between heaven and hell.

Fabienne GUERRERO
http://fabienne.guerrero.free.fr

BACK OF THE BOOK:

Fabian Guerrero, after gaining ground in esotericism and spiritism for years, explains in this booklet how reincarnation is totally incompatible with the Catholic Faith.

“Her thought is based on her experiences which she analyzed with the help of the teachings of the Catholic Church (especially as found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the Bible), whose public revelation was closed once and for all with the death of the last apostle.”

She now gives numerous lectures around the world – testifying to her conversion and speaking about the dangers sticking to heresies, which will never lead to the road to eternal salvation.

Back