My Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2008
Missouri
My Intro

I am glad to be here and hope that I might learn and maybe be of some help here. I am an ordained minister in the Mennonite Church USA right now I am between church's.

My name is Doug and I am 48 yrs old and became disabled in 2000 when I worked as a machinist. I sure miss being able to do that job.

Well thats my story for now and I'm sticking to it.

Nov 12, 2007
Midwest
Welcome, Doug! My dad said on his deathbed (he had alzheimers) that he decided he will "stay being a Mennonite." I didn't even know he was one. Then I found out he was raised Mennonite but he and all his bros. fought in the WWII. That's the only thing I know about them, is that they mostly claimed to be Conciencence Objectors and did not fight in wars. Are they connected to the Amish? Bonnie

May 28, 2008
Missouri
They are connected to the Amish but a lot more in the future. As for me I was an armor crewman in the army I didn't see war but I would have if there had been one. But I was raised as a Baptist and still hang on to a lot of there doctrine. The mennonite faith is real close with some difference but not a lot. Not any more anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.