My Prayer

When we accept God’s invitation to his great salvation by his grace, through faith in Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for our sins, he indwells us with his Holy Spirit. We now have the Spirit of God within us leading, guiding, counseling, helping and directing us in the ways of the Lord and in his truth.

Yet, the scriptures also talk about being filled with the Spirit. In Ephesians 5 we read that we should not get drunk on wine, but we should continually be being filled with the Spirit. This is written in the context of chapters 4 and 5 where we are taught to put off what is of the flesh and to put on the things of the Spirit. The more we throw off the sins that so easily entangle us so we can run the race set before us with perseverance, and the more we yield to the Spirit’s control in our lives, the more we are filled with the Spirit of God. When we are filled, we then know his power in our lives.

This is a prayer for God to fill us, to help us, to empower us, to help us to overcome; to lead us and teach us how to follow him, and to show us how to be his faithful servants. Yet, it is also a call to others, asking them to come and follow Jesus Christ with their lives. Amen!

My Prayer / An Original Work / May 30, 2011

“Fill me with Your Spirit;
help me to love others;
Let me know Your power;
be an overcomer.
Show me how to follow
Jesus Christ, my Savior;
Be His faithful servant
to obey Him always.

“Lead me with Your presence;
help me know the right way;
Teach me love and kindness,