My Reason Why I Do Things

My Reason For Doing What I Do :
People have many reasons for the things they do. Some are noble, while others are fleeting and shallow. I used to believe that it all came down to our actions alone, but now I see it differently. Like everyone, I fall short of the glory of God, as the Bible reminds us in Romans 3:23, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Yet, today, I strive to live for something greater than myself—no longer driven by fear, pride, or worldly status, but by Christ’s love working through me.

In the past, I let fear hold me captive: fear of failure, fear of the unknown, fear of pain, and fear of rejection. But Jesus calls us not to live in fear, for 2 Timothy 1:7 says, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." Instead of fear, we are to be motivated by love, faith, and hope. The Apostle Paul reminds us in 1 Corinthians 13:13 that "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." Love, rooted in Christ, should be the driving force behind all that we do.

I used to avoid risks and keep walls up, closing off my heart to others. But the Bible teaches that transparency and vulnerability are key to Christian growth and fellowship. James 5:16 encourages us to "confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed." Now, I am passionate about sharing my journey—my dreams, struggles, and hopes—because this openness invites encouragement, correction, and the support we need from the body of Christ.

For a long time, I resisted the idea of following what the world considers “normal,” but now I realize that it’s not about standing out for the sake of being different. Instead, I seek to walk in the purpose that God has uniquely designed for me. Ephesians 2:10 reminds us, "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Each of us has a role to play in God’s Kingdom, and just as the human body has many parts, each with its own function, we too are called to serve in distinct ways.

Paul explains this beautifully in 1 Corinthians 12:12, "Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ." No one can fulfill the calling of another, and our diversity in function reflects God's perfect design. Though we may stumble or wander off the path, God's grace is always there to guide us back. Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

We are called to align ourselves with what God is doing, allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us into the fullness of life that He has prepared. Jesus said in John 10:10, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." When we follow the leading of the Spirit, we experience peace and purpose in whatever God calls us to do, knowing that we are walking in His will.

In a world that often pulls us into meaningless pursuits and distractions, we must resist being conformed to its patterns. Romans 12:2 encourages us, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." We are called to something greater, to be who Christ has redeemed us to be, and to fulfill the purpose He has for us.

We all have a unique place in God's plan, a calling that no one else can fulfill. Let us seek His will, trust in His guidance, and live for His glory. It’s time to discover and embrace the path that God has laid out for us, knowing that He is with us every step of the way.

YOU ARE SPECIAL
You are not just one in a Million, to God you matter as much as any human could matter to him. You are loved more by him, more then any human could love you.

Paul

Back