My take on some of the arguments when debating muslims since I have islamic background

Some Muslims who might “know” the Bible might say something like: Show me in the Bible where Jesus said I am God and you must worship me and I’ll become a Christian.
Ok, then you can quote from the Bible the following:

John 8:58, NIV: "Very truly I tell you,' Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!'"
With that you can explain them that the Pharisee where trying to trick Jesus through questions about law in order to I think arrest Him which is why He gave truthful answers, but in a way so that they couldn’t have Him arrested straight away. Jesus was arrested when He knew the time was right. In connection with that you can quote the following:
Matthew 22:15-22
Then the Pharisees went and plotted how to entangle him in his words. And they sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that you are true and teach the way of God truthfully, and you do not care about anyone's opinion, for you are not swayed by appearances. Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?” But Jesus, aware of their malice, said,“Why put me to the test, you hypocrites? Show me the coin for the tax.”And they brought him a denarius. And Jesus said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” They said, “Caesar's.” Then he said to them, “Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.” When they heard it, they marveled. And they left him and went away.

The other thing that it’s good to make a muslim pay attention to is about how in the Old Testament days they had to sacrifice animals, so pretty much explaining that you had to shed blood to atone for sin, which is what explains Jesus Christ’s coming to Earth, to be That Perfect Sacrifice.

Another thing they might say is that quran is the best written book in the world that exists and that it’s so well written that it’s a miracle. In the quran it says that if the whole of mankind and Jin where to gather they wouldn’t be able to produce even one chapter like it (like the quran). Here is that verse:
{ Say: ‘If all mankind and the jinn would come together to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce its like even though they exerted all their strength in aiding one another.’ } The Quran 17:88

Now, I know the quran pretty well which you might have guessed by now and the above is not true. I have personally compared the Bible with the quran and to me the Bible is the best written book in the world( one of the reasons how I recognised the Bible as true), actually the Bible is so much better written then the quran that the quran doesn’t even begin to qualify to compare with the Bible. To that they might say something like: But you have to know Arabic in order to see how beautiful the quran is. And my answer to that would be that I have had once a muslim from Somalia who knew both English
and Arabic tell me that it’s the same in Arabic as it’s in English( this is actual true, once when I asked this man, that’s what he said). But even without that you can see for yourself that that statement is far from truth.

Another thing they might say is that nothing else n the Quran has ever been changed( in Arabic), and I know that’s not true because the so called quran alone muslims have changed it. quran alone Muslims are a muslim denomination who reject the traditional islams second source of teaching called hadiths ( hadits are narrations that are the second source of teachings in sunni/Shia, etc islam). The quran alone muslims have taken out the names of so called surah’s( names of chapters in the quran) and they have put instead of the names of surah’s like chapter 1,2,3, etc. if they don’t believe that then you can ask them to google free minds quran PDF.

Or maybe if any of you meet a muslim and if he is open to challenge, then just show him this post.

Thanks

Actually the altered quran you can view if you google the monotheistic group quran PDF. Not free minds( free minds is connected to it).

Also, if a muslim who might “ know” a bit about the Bible asks you: Are there any contradictions in the Bible? Don’t say none whatsoever, as in nothing like it, because they are going to produce you with all these examples of so called contradictions. Instead you might say that there are so called seeming contradictions, and be ready to give them answers to those so called contradictions. Because if you say there’s nothing like it in the Bible, they might not be interested in further discussion.

Thanks

My internet is non-functional so I am using my phone. There will be many typos here.

Similar to Christianity, Muslims have many sub-groups, so this will be generalizations based on one viewpoint.

Muslims view Jesus as second in importance behind Mohammad. But they view all the interactions with Christ between the resurrection and His ascention not as proof of resurrection, but proof that His death was faked even though the Romans were experts at this kind of execution and even made certain of death by piercing Jesus with a spear. Thus they regard Christianity as based upon a lie.

As far as the Qur'an, even when they are shown in the Qur'an truths that are inconsistent with modern Islam practice, they often reply that the truth of the Qur'an is not in what it says, but in what it reveals -- meaning that the Imam's interpretations are to be trusted regardless of the text.

While it is good to espouse the truth, one cannot force by argument what a man has chosen not to believe. The best that one may do is to plant truths that the Spirit may use to change their heart.

Actually the altered quran you can view if you google the monotheistic group quran PDF. Not free minds( free minds is connected to it).

Also, if a muslim who might “ know” a bit about the Bible asks you: Are there any contradictions in the Bible? Don’t say none whatsoever, as in nothing like it, because they are going to produce you with all these examples of so called contradictions. Instead you might say that there are so called seeming contradictions, and be ready to give them answers to those so called contradictions. Because if you say there’s nothing like it in the Bible, they might not be interested in further discussion.

Thanks

I just want to correct from the above. It’s actually called the monotheist group quran PDF. Not monotheistic.

Thanks

Back