My Unemployment Adventure.

Being in the construction industry most of my life, there was a time in which the economy took a down turn. I was laid off from the company I was working for, so I went home, and I would usually go directly to the unemployment office to sign up for benefits. This time I did not do that, so I let couple days go by, and then my wife said, “Curtis, you better get down to the unemployment office and sign up”. I thought nay, I did not feel like I should, so I waited for the next day, and then I went. When I got there the line went out the door, I was not happy. The DMV, and unemployment office is a night mare, no matter what time you go. I got in line, and I noticed a very tall lady about 5 people in front of me, and she was wearing a very short mini skirt with net stockings, and long blond hair. She turned around to see how long the line had gotten, and when I saw her face I could tell this lady has had very hard life, and it looked like a very hard night to. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, “ I want you to tell her about me”, I thought to myself, “I am not getting out of this line to talk to any body” Then I thought, “maybe I should do what the Lord is telling me to do”, so I made a deal with the Lord, I said, “ this is what I will do, I will stay in line, and when I am done, if that lady is still around I will talk to her about you” I was really hoping she would be gone by then. The Lord did not say anything, so I guess we had a deal.
After I finished my business I looked around in the building and outside and did not see her anywhere.
I started heading back to my car, and as I got to the street, I saw a car parked next to the curb with the door open on the passengers side.
I looked inside and there was this lady. She was laying down in the front seat with her legs sticking out the door. I tapped on the roof of her car, and I said, “Excuse me, but I think the Lord wants me to talk to you.” She sat up immediately and tears began to roll down her face. I thought, “Oops, I guess that was not the Lord talking to me” As I started to leave she said to me, “Wait....and she started telling me about the night before. She said, “ I was in a motel room and I was very depressed. I was clicking through the TV channels and I came across a preacher on TV, and the preacher said Jesus loves you” then this lady said to herself if Jesus really loves me, then send someone to me and tell me about you”
that was the night before. I was shocked, and surprised at her telling me this. So I began to tell her about Jesus and how to get saved. I prayed with her to receive Jesus into her heart. Then I asked do you have a Bible, she said no. I said I think I have one in my car you can have, I'll be right back. I found a Bible in my back seat, but what I did not know was the night before a cat got into my car and peed all over this Bible, and it smelled pretty bad. I went back, and gave it to her, and told her I am so sorry for the smell, but it's the only Bible I have with me. She smiled and I noticed her faced had changed completely from 20 minutes earlier. The glory of God was shinning through her. She left, I left rejoicing knowing that If I had gone to the unemployment office a couple days sooner this would never had happened. Thank you Jesus for such a blessing. :)

Wow, thats a great testimony. It goes to show you were where and when God wanted you to be (even if it wasn't where your wife wanted you to be). Thanks for sharing, I found that encouraging.

Being in the construction industry most of my life, there was a time in which the economy took a down turn. I was laid off from the company I was working for, so I went home, and I would usually go directly to the unemployment office to sign up for benefits. This time I did not do that, so I let couple days go by, and then my wife said, “Curtis, you better get down to the unemployment office and sign up”. I thought nay, I did not feel like I should, so I waited for the next day, and then I went. When I got there the line went out the door, I was not happy. The DMV, and unemployment office is a night mare, no matter what time you go. I got in line, and I noticed a very tall lady about 5 people in front of me, and she was wearing a very short mini skirt with net stockings, and long blond hair. She turned around to see how long the line had gotten, and when I saw her face I could tell this lady has had very hard life, and it looked like a very hard night to. The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, “ I want you to tell her about me”, I thought to myself, “I am not getting out of this line to talk to any body” Then I thought, “maybe I should do what the Lord is telling me to do”, so I made a deal with the Lord, I said, “ this is what I will do, I will stay in line, and when I am done, if that lady is still around I will talk to her about you” I was really hoping she would be gone by then. The Lord did not say anything, so I guess we had a deal.
After I finished my business I looked around in the building and outside and did not see her anywhere.
I started heading back to my car, and as I got to the street, I saw a car parked next to the curb with the door open on the passengers side.
I looked inside and there was this lady. She was laying down in the front seat with her legs sticking out the door. I tapped on the roof of her car, and I said, “Excuse me, but I think the Lord wants me to talk to you.” She sat up immediately and tears began to roll down her face. I thought, “Oops, I guess that was not the Lord talking to me” As I started to leave she said to me, “Wait....and she started telling me about the night before. She said, “ I was in a motel room and I was very depressed. I was clicking through the TV channels and I came across a preacher on TV, and the preacher said Jesus loves you” then this lady said to herself if Jesus really loves me, then send someone to me and tell me about you”
that was the night before. I was shocked, and surprised at her telling me this. So I began to tell her about Jesus and how to get saved. I prayed with her to receive Jesus into her heart. Then I asked do you have a Bible, she said no. I said I think I have one in my car you can have, I'll be right back. I found a Bible in my back seat, but what I did not know was the night before a cat got into my car and peed all over this Bible, and it smelled pretty bad. I went back, and gave it to her, and told her I am so sorry for the smell, but it's the only Bible I have with me. She smiled and I noticed her faced had changed completely from 20 minutes earlier. The glory of God was shinning through her. She left, I left rejoicing knowing that If I had gone to the unemployment office a couple days sooner this would never had happened. Thank you Jesus for such a blessing. :)

This is awesome, God is so great! This also furthers my hatred of cats!

Best thing to hear in middle of a crazy work day!

So beautiful.. it shows that you don't need to be on the up and up for God to work through you....

That gives me hope :)
I hope to be used like you one day. ^~^

Back