News

Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
been no other theocracy ever before or since

You have forgotten Mt. Athos. A theocracy for over 1000 years and going strong. Greece claims the land but Mt. Athos has been a self governing theocracy from the start.
To me a theocracy can only established directly and named verbally by God as specifically recorded in Scripture, with the Presence of the Lord (the Shekinah) actively directing the affairs of His people from the Temple.

What the good monks of Mt. Athos have created is a tiny community of males, respected by Orthodox human governments, piously seeking God in their own manner, but never claiming God's actual Scriptural establishing of the rocky outpost, or His actual physical Presence, or the infallible direction of the Shekinah, nor the Ark of the Covenant, or any other biblical equivalent of the pre-Saul Hebrew theocracy.

Mar 24, 2008
SE Texas
www.photorepaired.com
I understand what "moros" means, and it doesn't change what Christ warns us not to call brethren. If you think it better to call the "Church" blockheads, dull or stupid....it changes nothing about Christ's warning, whichever word you wish to use.

If you feel chastised, I'm sorry...but it's plain to me that humans condemning others, especially billions of fellow Christians, is not a good thing in God's eyes.

If God controls "all government", let Him handle matters.

I find it a weak argument to say compare the theocracy of Israel with any other form of human government.There has been no other theocracy ever before or since then, and the Hebrews scuttled theirs by wanting to be like other nations. That can be seen by Bible histrionics, IMO.

I find it funny that you would think that a topic about secular news is being detoured by talking about Christians ideas about secular newsmakers, politics, and their place in the world.
You, being a free human being, have the right to think as you will. I and all other human beings have the right to reject your thoughts, especially when you intentionally go off subject. I did indeed use the term fools to denote an intentional lack of the use of their God given intellect. Are you feeling convicted? That's not me and as mentioned, 98% of the people attending church, not Church, on Sunday morning are not saved. If they are not saved they are not a Christian in anything more than title and the title will not fool God.

Now, can we discuss the foolishness of gathering the elements that form a large portion of one's world view from a single source? That is the topic that stands here.

Mar 24, 2008
SE Texas
www.photorepaired.com
To me a theocracy can only established directly and named verbally by God as specifically recorded in Scripture, with the Presence of the Lord (the Shekinah) actively directing the affairs of His people from the Temple.

What the good monks of Mt. Athos have created is a tiny community of males, respected by Orthodox human governments, piously seeking God in their own manner, but never claiming God's actual Scriptural establishing of the rocky outpost, or His actual physical Presence, or the infallible direction of the Shekinah, nor the Ark of the Covenant, or any other biblical equivalent of the pre-Saul Hebrew theocracy.
Rusty, the entire world disagrees with you on this and again, you re running down a rabbit trail and are extremely off topic.

Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
Rusty, the entire world disagrees with you on this and again, you re running down a rabbit trail and are extremely off topic.
Wow! Now you speak for the entire world???

I'm off topic?? And yet you can talk of your electing your church pastor? o_O

I was answering my friend Glomung, who I felt deserved an answer.

Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
Here is my original post concerning your "theme", Bill:
Those that rely on American media are at a great disadvantage. I suggest viewing online news (video style) from a plethora of English speaking sources: BBC, Australian Broadcasting Corp., RT, Al Jazeera, Canadian Broadcasting System and many many more.

At least this way you get other perspectives.
Off topic? Too complex? Rabbit Trail? Foolish?

Mar 24, 2008
SE Texas
www.photorepaired.com
Wow! Now you speak for the entire world???

I'm off topic?? And yet you can talk of your electing your church pastor? o_O

I was answering my friend Glomung, who I felt deserved an answer.
Your first reply was on topic but from there you turned hard left and have remained, lost, inside the riar patch. If you need to discuss this with anyone else, the Christ like action would be to open a string on the topic. Your current line is politics and the election of a Pastor is a Theocratic matter, best ,ed by God, and is not modern day politics but that is the pig your after at the moment.

Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
Bill...You started with Fox News, Barbara Walters and Bill O'Riley and the Christian Right Wing...not me.
You complained of the "secular news" yet you watch secular news. VERY partisan secular news.
I said there is nothing BUT secular news and made suggestions of choices.
Then you went on to claim that Jesus instructed us to get involved with government/politics as per Matthew 28. You still have not proven that as far as I can see.
Then you claimed God controls all governments. I find that amazing.
This is where I posted my meme of an American President who stressed the importance of complete separation of State from Church.....then you started getting upset.

Now if "the entire world" knows something and only 2% of Christians are saved....you have a heap of proving to do, IMO.

(PS: if this is really about my life and your life and our wives...why not get back onto that idea?)

Jan 11, 2013
South East Asia
Your first reply was on topic but from there you turned hard left and have remained, lost, inside the riar patch. If you need to discuss this with anyone else, the Christ like action would be to open a string on the topic. Your current line is politics and the election of a Pastor is a Theocratic matter, best ,ed by God, and is not modern day politics but that is the pig your after at the moment.
hahahah...."Left?" You are joking. Someone disagrees with you and they are instantly a leftist? Amazing.

No....if men vote for a pastor it is a democratic majority vote, as your numbers showed.

A theocratic choice is God's open choice alone, with no human consultation.

Here is the secular definition of theocracy (Websters):

1. a form of government in which God or a deity is recognized as the supreme civil ruler, the God's or deity's laws being interpreted by the ecclesiastical authorities.
2. a system of government by priests claiming a divine commission.

This is what you want....? Really?
Now to get back on your theme: How is it you see one set of secular news better (in America) than another? Truthfulness? Slinging Christian terms around? Christian activity in your community?