betrayed by Judas. Judas knew He would be there because of routine
or preference. It is painful to know that our Friend would be betrayed
in His preferred place of refuge on this wicked earth. I am glad that
His plan was fulfilled but Jesus was given no quarter on this earth
in all of His 33 1/2 years here. He was homeless, hungry, dependent,
and betrayed. But through it all He spoke of kindness, mercy, and
love.

I would offer.

I would think as Christians the new name the father named the bride in Acts . . a word that literally without any other meaning added ; "residents of the city of Christ prepared as his bride named after her founder and husband"

It can help us to understand the doctrine of "city of refuge" spoken of. (11 times) A fortress that keeps the enemy out. Caves are used that way throughout the bible. But never with the intention of remaining .Like when Elijah. when he heard the small voice of powerful words. “Get out get back to work”

One time when reading Hebrews my focus came on the list of the renown of God that he strengthened by faith, giants of that faith that worked in them as Emanuel .(God with us. )

The list of names of his renowned, mighty men of faith. (Able, Enoch, Noah, Abraham ) then some with no mention of name they lived in dens and caves .They were not worthy to show to the world . In that way the first will be last and the last first,.

It should help us get out of our caves if we are. There is plenty of work to do .

The anti social man pursues selfish ends. I would think we all need prayer that we might hear the small voice before it becomes thunder .

Hebrew11: 35-40 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds andimprisonment: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

This forum I would decribe as a city of refuge in so much that whenever , wherever two or three souls gather under the hearing of his understanding (faith) he can strengthen them .

I would offer.
It can help us to understand the doctrine of "city of refuge" spoken of. (11 times) A fortress that keeps the enemy out. Caves are used that way throughout the bible. But never with the intention of remaining .Like when Elijah. when he heard the small voice of powerful words. “Get out get back to work”
It should help us get out of our caves if we are. There is plenty of work to do . The anti social man pursues selfish ends. I would think we all need prayer that we might hear the small voice before it becomes thunder .
This forum I would describe as a city of refuge in so much that whenever , wherever two or three souls gather under the hearing of his understanding (faith) he can strengthen them .

Hello, Garee;

I prayerfully read your post and where I blue and red lighted, "This forum I would describe as a city of refuge in so much that whenever , wherever two or three souls gather under the hearing of his understanding (faith) he can strengthen them."

If I'm reading your quote correctly, then I feel the same with this forum. It has it's moments (what servant Christian doesn't?) but for the most part this is a place where members feel loved, accepted and safe while learning more about Word of God.

God bless you, Garee and your family.

John 18:2 (NAS) says, "Now Judas, who was betraying Him, also knew
the place, because Jesus had often met there with His disciples."

Notice the statement, "Jesus had often met there". Here we have
a place that Jesus liked to visit with His disciples. It was a place of
fellowship and refuge. Yet, this is where He would be when He was
betrayed by Judas. Judas knew He would be there because of routine
or preference. It is painful to know that our Friend would be betrayed
in His preferred place of refuge on this wicked earth. I am glad that
His plan was fulfilled but Jesus was given no quarter on this earth
in all of His 33 1/2 years here. He was homeless, hungry, dependent,
and betrayed. But through it all He spoke of kindness, mercy, and