Not breathing in my sleep

I've been suffering with this for a while... It only happens when I'm highly stressed.

It happened last night and I'm scared to sleep.

It's the worst scariest feeling in the world.

I don't know what to do about it.

I just don't want anxiety to kill me.

The suggestion I feel comingfrom the Lord is to read your Bible before you go to sleep. Passages about how much the Lord loves you and protects you. Things that will encourage your peace and trust in Him that no matter what happens He will keep you safe and alive.

Had I known to do this many many years ago... I would not have struggled with being afraid to go to sleep.
Do you usually wake yourself up? If so... it can be taken as another sign that God has got this for you... but your going to have to get used to rolling all of your cares over into His hands. Our bodies were not made for stress and worry.... only love. And as you humble yourself to do what God wants you to do (give Him your worries and concerns, trusting Him to lead and guide you in the right direction to/or take care of them for you) He will show you the way :)

It's all about knowing and realizing that the devil cannot kill you unless you give him the opportunity, right or authority. God has plans for your life... and as you stay close to Him and be obedient to Him and His ways... He will always keep you safe from all harm... that's what ps 91 is all about. All you have to do is believe and trust Him.

Blessings...
Always praying for you

Stop Worrying for Starters. Worry is a bi-product of FEAR. Fear if grabbed ahold of will manifest itself within you and then you are a mess to say the least.

Stop the FEAR and get rid of the symptoms or spend all your money on doctors and pills and suffer for the rest of your life.

It's just that simple. It's your choice.
God RESPONDS to FAITH
the devil responds to fear.

Praying
Blessings
FCJ

Dear Autumn;

The suggestion I feel coming from the Lord is to read your Bible before you go to sleep. Passages about how much the Lord loves you and protects you. Things that will encourage your peace and trust in Him that no matter what happens He will keep you safe and alive.

During our life experience we get hit with fear, worry, insecurity, low self esteem and inadequacies that can arouse stress and anxiety. Poo-poo (dismiss as a negative thought) to all that!

In your and our walk with the Lord stress and anxiety are principalities of darkness and if they aren't from God, then they're not going to bless you. They will hinder your spirit. You are empowered, DON'T CLAIM IT!

In the morning, seriously start off by praying to Jesus and ask Him to embrace you, sister. In the evening read your Bible, 10 or 15 minutes, as you grow to 45 minutes to 1 hour or more, then seriously think about what you read. Is God a liar? Or is His Word Truth? Of course, sister, His Word is Truth, therefore, trust that He will be your protector from the stuff that runs through your thoughts.

Then after reading your Bible, say a good night prayer of thanksgiving to our God. Then allow Him to give you peaceful sleep and rest.

What you shared, many of us have been there. Praise God someone was there to encourage us as we are with you, right now.
We don't wish stress and anxiety on anyone, Autumn, but His peace and confidence in Him.

Please think about we are saying to you and then give some gentle heed to wise counsel.

God bless you, Autumn, and may the peace of God be upon you and your family.

Atumn,
Your first three replies come as straight truth. We don't sugar coat or play games or pass on religious beliefs. We leave that for others.

I said all that to say this.
If you want others to do your praying and standing on their faith over you doing the work and developing strong faith, well your in for a very hard life.

If you are only looking for those who will please your ears with what you want to hear, well you are in for a very hard life.

Now then if you heed the council of those He has sent to speak to you straight forward with His Truth and your desired answer or fix, well then your life will begin to change and your health will prosper .

No Sister I am not being rude but giving you a nugget of truth.
Blessings
FCJ

I've been suffering with this for a while... It only happens when I'm highly stressed.

It happened last night and I'm scared to sleep.

It's the worst scariest feeling in the world.

I don't know what to do about it.

I just don't want anxiety to kill me.
Sounds like a form of sleep apnea.
If you sleep on your back try sleep on your side. It helps the air ways to stay open and reduce chest restriction. There are also sleep aids (mask with oxygen) which may help. See your doctor he can advise.

Back