Obedience to Jesus is the gospel

In multiple instances there is talk of obedience to the faith.

MANY are those who try to dismiss this

Matt 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matt 7:24
Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Matt 28:19-20
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Mark 8:38
If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

Luke 6:46
“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like.

Luke 8:21

And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 9:26
Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Luke 11:28

He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.

Luke 12:47
The servant who knows the master's will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.

Luke 13:24 - 27
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

John 8 :31
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine.

John 12 :48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

John 14 :15
If you love me keep my commandments

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

Romans 1:5
Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Romans 10:16
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

James 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1 Peter 2:7 - 8
Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone, and , A stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall. They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

1 Peter 4:17
For it is time for judgment to begin with God's household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 John 2:3-6
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

1 John 3:22
And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.

1 John 5:3

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

2 John 1:9
Anyone
who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

Hebrews 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him.

Hebrews 11:8- 10
By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God.

Revelation 2:26 -28
To all who are victorious, who obey me to the very end, to them I will give authority over all the nations. They will rule the nations with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots.

Revelation 14:18
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW

Get that do nothing , false grace, false gospel out of here.
Whether or not you will obey Jesus will be what judges you in the end. John 12:48'

You must obey Jesus and what he commands, whether or not you do that, will be be between you and the Lord. But stop going around saying you're a Christian.

Acts 11:26
And when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

A Christian is a disciple.

How do you become a disciple of Jesus

Luke 14:33
In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.

You must obey Jesus

Jesus IS the word of God
Revelation 19:13

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Jesus says if you reject him, you reject God
1 John 2:23

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

One then should be asking .... What does Jesus command?

You CANNOT serve God and money
Matthew 6:24
No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Luke 16:13
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Do you spend your time working for money? You ARE disobeying Jesus. He says you will HATE God if you are serving money. All your praise means nothing if you are not willing to obey him.

What will you do then? How will you eat ? If you don't have money, how will you eat? Jesus gives the answer to that.
Matt 6:24 -34

What will you do then?

Mark 16:15 Matt 28:19-20

The gospel is to obey Jesus and his teachings

Sell everything you have....everything
Matthew 6:19- 21
Do not
store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Mark 10: 17-30
Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me

Luke 11:41
But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

Luke 12:33
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy.
Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

In the same way, those of you who do not give up everything you have cannot be my disciples.
(REMEMBER a disciple is a Christian Acts 11:26)
Luke 18:22
When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Sell everything you have ( House, car, clothes, tv, EVERYTHING you have, and give the money to the poor)

And if you have reached this point

And can see yourself doing this.

Your loved ones and "family " will most likely NOT feel the same way.

And Jesus says

Luke 14:26
If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

You will need to forsake them , if they are not willing to obey Jesus.

You will need to lose your life. All that things you hoped and dreamed about. All your aspirations and plans.
You will lose your house, savings, wife, children EVERYTHING

To obey Jesus and what he teaches

You have been given a false gospel and lied to by nearly every church in the world, every pastor , every church leader.

You must obey Jesus
'
And see what the real Jesus expects .

You will not be able to use any scripture to fight against Jesus

Jesus died for what he taught . And those who will follow him , preaching the same message ...will have that happen to them as well.

In multiple instances there is talk of obedience to the faith.

MANY are those who try to dismiss this

Matt 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matt 7:24
Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Matt 28:19-20
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Mark 8:38
If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

Luke 6:46
“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like.

Luke 8:21

And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 9:26
Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

Luke 11:28

He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.

Luke 12:47
The servant who knows the master's will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.

Luke 13:24 - 27
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

John 8 :31
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine.

John 12 :48
There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

John 14 :15
If you love me keep my commandments

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

Romans 1:5
Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Romans 10:16
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

James 2:24
You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

James 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

1 Peter 2:7 - 8
Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone, and , A stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall. They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

1 Peter 4:17
For it is time for judgment to begin with God's household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1 John 2:3-6
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

1 John 3:22
And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

2 John 1:9
Anyone
who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them.

Hebrews 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him.

Hebrews 11:8- 10
By faith
Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God.

Revelation 2:26 -28
To all who are victorious, who obey me to the very end, to them I will give authority over all the nations. They will rule the nations with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots.

Revelation 14:18
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW

Get that do nothing , false grace, false gospel out of here.
Whether or not you will obey Jesus will be what judges you in the end. John 12:48'

You must obey Jesus and what he commands, whether or not you do that, will be be between you and the Lord. But stop going around saying you're a Christian.

Acts 11:26
And when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

A Christian is a disciple.

How do you become a disciple of Jesus

You must obey Jesus

Jesus IS the word of God
Revelation 19:13

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Jesus says if you reject him, you reject God
1 John 2:23

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

One then should be asking .... What does Jesus command?

You CANNOT serve God and money
Matthew 6:24
No one
can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Luke 16:13
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Do you spend your time working for money? You ARE disobeying Jesus. He says you will HATE God if you are serving money. All your praise means nothing if you are not willing to obey him.

What will you do then? How will you eat ? If you don't have money, how will you eat? Jesus gives the answer to that.
Matt 6:24 -34

What will you do then?

Mark 16:15 Matt 28:19-20

The gospel is to obey Jesus and his teachings

Sell everything you have....everything
Matthew 6:19- 21
Do not
store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Mark 10: 17-30
Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me

Luke 11:41
But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

Luke 12:33
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy.
Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

(REMEMBER a disciple is a Christian Acts 11:26)
Luke 18:22
When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Sell everything you have ( House, car, clothes, tv, EVERYTHING you have, and give the money to the poor)

And if you have reached this point

And can see yourself doing this.

Your loved ones and "family " will most likely NOT feel the same way.

And Jesus says

Luke 14:26
If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.

You will need to forsake them , if they are not willing to obey Jesus.

You will need to lose your life. All that things you hoped and dreamed about. All your aspirations and plans.
You will lose your house, savings, wife, children EVERYTHING

To obey Jesus and what he teaches

You have been given a false gospel and lied to by nearly every church in the world, every pastor , every church leader.

You must obey Jesus
'
And see what the real Jesus expects .

You will not be able to use any scripture to fight against Jesus

Jesus died for what he taught . And those who will follow him , preaching the same message ...will have that happen to them as well.

You do not have to listen to me and please do not take this as a personal poke at you. However may I say to you that your post is way too long to be effective.

Having read it though, I am remined of Romans 6:1...….
"Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?" It is a question I have heard often."

It seems to me that you are approaching the doctrine of OSAS and if that is the case we will not be able to continue as it is not allowed here.

Of course, we should not be surprised when people who do not believe in eternal security ask this question. According to such people, good works are necessary to gain and maintain one's salvation. If one's obedience falls below some vague standard, then salvation is lost unless and until the person confesses and repents and gets back on track.

However, when we hear someone who believes in eternal security ask this question, we are naturally surprised. If someone believes that once anyone is saved he will always remain saved, then how could he possibly wonder if ongoing obedience is necessary in order to go to heaven?

But if you are not talking about OSAS and So before your thread is terminated may I say to you that If you are asking instaed...……..
"Is obedience optional for the Christian to be and stay saved," you mean, "Is obedience optional in order to please God and grow in the Christian life?"
the answer is a resounding no.

The bottom line is that grace promotes obedience because of the gratitude it engenders. Obedience then is the by-product of salvation and not the cause of it. Those who understand and accept God's grace are filled with a strong feeling of gratitude for what the Lord has done for them. This gratitude prompts us to loving obedience.

God bless you.

Although I agree with your expository thought I do feel that you took Scripture pertaining to one matter and applied it to another. Obedience is fear of the Lord, which is reverencing Him, which is the beginning of Wisdom and the wise person builds their house on the Rock. The Rock we build on is being obedient to what God says to do and then doing it as He dictates. But that is having faith in that what God says is true is true and living by those principles. Using obedience as the doctrine of the Gospel though is to make it nearly synonymous with the OT law. When, in my observation here, would say that the Gospel is the literal good news of our Salvation through Jesus. Having redemption of sin is our greatest news and it never gets old to tell of it. I do not intend to demean the importance of obedience but in this matter they must be separate. We do not need to actually be so extreme either to sell everything we have but only holding our earthly possessions loosely and always ready to serve Him with our property and money. Keep in mind that it is the love of money that is a sin. God knows we need it to survive but we are not to live for it.

Back