oil gone in 19 years, what do we do

New estimates of worldwide crude oil reserves total 1.651 trillion bbl
(1,651,000,000,000)
https://tinyurl.com/ycvg5odz
In 2010, global crude oil demand was 86.4 million barrels per day.
86,400,000,000x365=315360000000000000
https://tinyurl.com/y7cefzwl

1,651,000,000,000/315360000000000000=19 years left

My math might be off but it looks like, at current rate of consumption all the known oil reserves will be used up in 19 years.
If the numbers are correct, we need to act now before it is too late !!

Any suggestions?

I asked this question in another forum and nobody replied I dont think anyone cared or maybe they didnt want to think 19 years ahead.

I think whatever happens if we ask God He will prepare us for anything. I mean there are alternative energies out there and ways of doing things without consuming crude oil. The most important oil we have is the anointing of the holy spirit.

If you want to start looking into alternatives now you can, I mean In Cuba they had an embargo or something on soviet oil well, they were communist and other countries wouldnt supply them with any so basically all trade stopped, and they had to grow their own food. Which they did. In the cities they made farms because there wasnt any other land. And that had been going on for a few decades, and they were able to feed the population.

Ok to give another example, you know how PHaroah had a dream right, He was in egypt the land of plenty but God gave him a dream that they would have seven years plenty and then seven years famine. So Joseph, who was connected to God told the Pharoah the interpretation of the dream and there was action taken. The pharoah wasnt about to let his country starve. Also this affected the surrounding nations because they relied on Egypt for food. JOsephs brothers had to come to .egypt to buy food for themselves as they had none left, they had these reserves and a huge granary built to store the seven years of grain.

Well they didnt end up starving. Why because Joseph had the foresight to prepare and listen to what God was telling him and act. But they had warning 14 years beforehand that this was going to come to pass. Many people think famine just hits people out of the blue well actually it is not a crisis we KNOW it will run out one day.

New estimates of worldwide crude oil reserves total 1.651 trillion bbl
(1,651,000,000,000)
https://tinyurl.com/ycvg5odz
In 2010, global crude oil demand was 86.4 million barrels per day.
86,400,000,000x365=315360000000000000
https://tinyurl.com/y7cefzwl

1,651,000,000,000/315360000000000000=19 years left

My math might be off but it looks like, at current rate of consumption all the known oil reserves will be used up in 19 years.
If the numbers are correct, we need to act now before it is too late !!

Any suggestions?

America is basically self-sufficient with oil. we are fine.

America is basically self-sufficient with oil. we are fine.
Don't they have oil in texas anyway? I think the OP was just pointing out that even that is not infinite. Its only because of the cheap oil they are getting from the arab nations. It will eventually cost more to get the oil out of the ground than the energy you can obtain from it.

Lots of propaganda on TV.
I dont watch tv. But I suppose you dont know about fracking. Although I dont pay much attention to oil prices. I just know if it gets too much I will be walking or biking to work and maybe letting the grass grow and using a broom instead of a blower.
I mean empires have come and gone, earthly kingdoms have risen and fallen, but we have an everlasting kingdom.

Whats more important is stop using those stupid plastic bags and making a plastic bag sea in the north pacific ocean. Whoever is buying all that junk should stop.

I dont watch tv. But I suppose you dont know about fracking. Although I dont pay much attention to oil prices. I just know if it gets too much I will be walking or biking to work and maybe letting the grass grow and using a broom instead of a blower.
I mean empires have come and gone, earthly kingdoms have risen and fallen, but we have an everlasting kingdom.

Whats more important is stop using those stupid plastic bags and making a plastic bag sea in the north pacific ocean. Whoever is buying all that junk should stop.

Lol. I work for an oil and gas company and we frac. I know a great deal about fracing......

Sorry, sometimes I get annoyed that people assume everyone lives in america and dont understand there are other people and countries on this planet who also need resources.

Yes, well, I don't live in New Zealand, but am praying to visit one day, in God's time.

I will share this. I personally pray for all nations. New Zealand and the United States are blessed with an excellent relationship and a strong alliance.
During times of difficulties both countries will be there for each other. Praise His Wonderful Name!

How many times through the years do we hear of water and natural resource shortages, all precious commodities, yet God has always empowered us with wisdom to "cut back" or conserve which I do in my home and God has been faithful, for all those who continuely seek Him first.

Meantime, lets continue to pray for the work and analysis of our leaders who are managing our natural resources, and when we go through seasons of plenty, or times of need, lets remember God's Hand will definitely be there, through it all, and provide for those He loves.

Proverbs 8:17, 17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

In Exodus 17 God provided water to His people from a rock! Is the Lord among us or not? If God can provide water from a rock, then lets choose God, all of us who are still standing, able to get a cup of cold water.

We (NZers) are actually exporting water. Nations are running out of water which is an even more precious commodity than oil. The thing is, God has created on this earth amazing springs of fresh water but people keep polluting it.

I thought this was most ridiculous when I heard that some countries cannot even drink their own water as they just don't have any, because of all the pollution and they are not desert nations either.

We also export gas and oil but mainly use hydropower for electricity. We were declared nuclear free in the 80s I remember that other nations wanted to test nuclear weapons in the Pacific and we wouldn't allow it. Ironically it was a NZer who spilt the atom. Great source of energy, pity about the toxic waste, radiation and deaths.

As for oil, if an oil tanker spilt it's load into the sea all the wildlife would die. And if a coal mine collapses, people suffocate and die, plus the burning of coal pollutes the air., contributing to acid rain. But if say some fresh water got spilled it wouldn't harm anyone, and it could only benefit nature and bring life.

China is joining France and Britain in announcing plans to end sales of gasoline and diesel cars.

China's industry ministry is developing a timetable to end production and sale of traditional fuel cars and will promote development of electric technology, state media on Sunday cited a Cabinet official as saying.

France and Britain announced in July they will stop sales of gasoline and diesel automobiles by 2040 as part of efforts to reduce pollution and carbon emissions that contribute to global warming.

Communist leaders also want to curb China's growing appetite for imported oil and see electric cars as a promising industry in which their country can take an early lead.

China passed the United States last year as the biggest electric car market. Sales of electrics and gasoline-electric hybrids rose 50 percent over 2015 to 336,000 vehicles, or 40 percent of global demand. U.S. sales totaled 159,620.

https://tinyurl.com/ycsg6xb6

I would love it when the day comes we dont have to use fossil fuels anymore as an energy source its noisy and polluting.
Apparently they did trial electric cars in California years ago and they were a great success but the gas and oil industry clamped down on it.

In a few years time it will be cheaper to buy and run an electric car hopefully. We are starting to see electric charging stations around more and more. On the main roads near where I live there are eight petrol stations. It is so silly, two of them are in walking distance to each other. Like literally next to each other.

My answer... my Adonai shall supply all my needs according to His riches by Christ Jesus.
If we need it, He will supply it and if it's all gone... He will provide an alternative
Blessings
'
My guess is, dinosaurs were telling each other the same thing until there was none left to listen.

Back