On the ninth day of Christmas my God showed to me…

Nine ladies dancing

There are a couple of ladies ‘sign’ to the worship on a Sunday morning… it really blesses me to see it it seems to bring the words alive to me!

It’s not a great leap from signing worship to think about dance as a form of worship

Mmmmmm nine ladies dancing…
TNTT’s Christmas Dance 2018 “Mary, Did You Know?”

Ah! not often seen, but there’s something special seeing ladies expressing their love for Jesus through the medium of dance!

P. S. I’m not deaf but started to learn sign language when I worked asa cater one of my ‘retirement ent’ jobs sadly didn’t keep it up still get blessed whenpeople use it as a part of worship
Al

There is something about dancing before the Lord ( which is INDEED a form of Worship ). There is a humility that is forged through this abandonment of "What will others think?" It is similar with any type of offering to the Lord. One has to take the risk of being humiliated by their offering. It takes practice and a humble heart to simply forsake all else and DANCE/RAISE our hands to a God that is INVISIBLE yet very much ALIVE. This is CORPORATE WORSHIP and oh my goodness... there is POWER in it.

I just read the scripture about David dancing before the Lord. I have gone prostrate before the Lord at a church altar... and let me tell you... It's not easy... and I wasn't dancing. HA. David danced with complete ABANDON... Oh the sight of this must have been so beautiful.

Last summer... I went to a music festival... It was a combination of jazz... and there were some bands from Latin America. People were DANCING all by themselves... and I remember thinking... GOSH... I wish I could be FREE to do that. I am sadly a bit inhibited in my old age... the extent of my freedom is raising my hands. HA.

There is something about dancing before the Lord ( which is INDEED a form of Worship ). There is a humility that is forged through this abandonment of "What will others think?" It is similar with any type of offering to the Lord. One has to take the risk of being humiliated by their offering. It takes practice and a humble heart to simply forsake all else and DANCE/RAISE our hands to a God that is INVISIBLE yet very much ALIVE. This is CORPORATE WORSHIP and oh my goodness... there is POWER in it.

I just read the scripture about David dancing before the Lord. I have gone prostrate before the Lord at a church altar... and let me tell you... It's not easy... and I wasn't dancing. HA. David danced with complete ABANDON... Oh the sight of this must have been so beautiful.

Last summer... I went to a music festival... It was a combination of jazz... and there were some bands from Latin America. People were DANCING all by themselves... and I remember thinking... GOSH... I wish I could be FREE to do that. I am sadly a bit inhibited in my old age... the extent of my freedom is raising my hands. HA.
I’ve two left feet when it comes to dancing
But hand jiveing is an option for people of our age🤪

Hello Alan;

Reminded me of two different times when a young Christian woman did dancing to the Lord as special music during the worship service.

It was sort of swaying and ballet flowing.

God bless you, brother.

Back