Once you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ is there more to do?

GoodNewsSharing

Account Closed
What are your thoughts on this?

Is the Gospel simply believing on the one whom that God had sent, accepting the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ?

I believe that is the first stepping stone, but there seems to be more steps or is that overlooking the grace of God in which one is saved by faith through grace and no one can boast about what they do other in the Lord and what he has done for them in their life such as a changed heart and newness of being born again?

yes there is more to do once were saved we been sanctified made Holy which has 3 steps

1. positional--saved placed in to the Body of Christ

2. progressive . we are changed from Glory to Glory

3. ultimate/ final we made it home mission completed

What does it mean to be changed from glory to glory
Changed one step at a time growth
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

II Corinthians 3:18 its called a w.i.p romans 12 transformed by the renewing of our mind .. its never end we go from milk to strong meat

Then growth then happens on its own.
growth is a steady process its not done one time or over night

1 Samuel 3:19​

“And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.”

growth comes from reading we increase knowledge prayer learning to let the Lord help us. growth comes from doing be doers of the word not hearers only we learn OJT on the job training . my early years i was asked to head the sunday school dept-( superintendent ) i started pitch hitting teaching (subbed when needed )

i taught a teen class for a little while then realized that was not my job. our young adult sunday school teacher whom we loved. had step down her husband had colon surgery then had a stroke . i took the class over i learned a lot .

i also had a situation come up with a teacher who wanted to come back . take over his class he stepped away from when his wife died.. this was young adult class we loved sis Mary. i prayed and soon he changed his mind. i was new not understanding being led of the spirit.. BTW i m still learning

As I see it there isn’t anything to do

there is plenty to do

When you plant a garden you have to tend to it at least to some degree.

Via dolarossa,

Something I’m reminded of is Paul writings

“Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭5‬-‭8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

There is something about how both Paul planted and Apollos watered meaning they went to spread the new of Christ in which they taught what he teaches.

This gave life to the believers and those who seek after God are increased by their own labours in which they chose to seek after God.

Make sense? A plant can’t be sown without the seed in the ground and water to give nourishment.

God will give the increase - but what does that mean?

What is the labour of a man / woman who works for God by allowing the spirit to work through them By being in Christ?

To know God and to know the Son is eternal life in which to me suggest there is work to be done to know God - which indicates that to build on a foundation one has to do the work and God will increase that person spiritual well being growing in looking towards and storing things up for the heavenly when one gets there.

They too will also be able to share and teach but it will be God who gives the increase when spiritual things are becoming a realization.

What are your thoughts on this? I may be wrong but just desired to reach out.

Thank you for commenting.

Actually your right forgiven61 and GoodNewsSharing.

Yes there is something to do after we believe. From a place of acceptance it’s easier to act. Sometimes though there isn’t anything to do in the moment and that’s where I was coming from. A little space and I see an opening and with a changed heart ( attitude).

It’s like when we work with the serenity prayer. Changing things we can and accepting things we can’t and knowing the difference.

Yes there is something to do after we believe. From a place of acceptance it’s easier to act. Sometimes though there isn’t anything to do in the moment and that’s where I was coming from. A little space and I see an opening and with a changed heart ( attitude).

It’s like when we work with the serenity prayer. Changing things we can and accepting things we can’t and knowing the difference.
thats why we are a work in progress

Hmmm does the serenity prayer really help people?

Why not ask God to help you change what is possible ti change if you and God work in the problem together.

There were about 7 or so scriptures I looked at about the newness of life granted to us by Jesus.

Then again you have Paul who prayed for something to be taken away from him three times, and the Lord said his grace was enough despite the problem.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

New Life Version

8 I asked the Lord three times to take it away from me. 9 He answered me, “I am all you need. I give you My loving-favor. My power works best in weak people.” I am happy to be weak and have troubles so I can have Christ’s power in me. 10 I receive joy when I am weak. I receive joy when people talk against me and make it hard for me and try to hurt me and make trouble for me. I receive joy when all these things come to me because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Once God saves us, it seems to me that our principal ministry (first and foremost) is to spend as much time as possible growing in the knowledge and understanding of God, His word, and the faith. Outside of passages us that admonish us to do so directly .. e.g. Joshua 1:8, Psalms 1:1-3, 119:9,11,105; Romans 12:2; 2 Timothy 3:16-17, I think the short story about the Lord Jesus' visit to the house of Martha and Mary tells us how important He believes this to be (especially for those who are still pretty young in the faith). Here is the passage.

Luke 10
38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, He came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to Him.
39 She had a sister named Mary who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what He said.
40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made, so she came to Him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and bothered about so many things,
42 but only one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Once we are saved, we are also called to tell others about the joy and hope that we now possess because of the One who saved us and loves us, about why we became believers and how they can too if they want to, about what our life used to be like and what it is like now, etc. IOW, we are called to be His witnesses, the light of the world .. e.g. Matthew 5:14-16; Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8, and to glorify Him by helping others find Him and be saved by Him, just like we were.

--Papa Smurf

Romans 10
17 Faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Back