Other Christians in a Wheelchair?

I am not wheelchair bound but last year I did suffer a debilitating illness that temporarily took away my ability to walk or even stand. In addition, there was at least one week when I could barely move and was all but paralyzed.

It is a terribly helpless feeling being unable to take care of yourself in the most basic ways. I recall nurses coming into my room every two hours to reposition me so I did not develop bed sores. Many times I was unable to hold my bowels and ended up making a horrible mess in bed. It was frustrating. It was embarrassing. Yet it was also humbling. It reminded me we are all babes in the eyes of God and none of us are truly self sufficient.

If you ever need someone to speak with, I am here.

Jason

I am not wheelchair bound but last year I did suffer a debilitating illness that temporarily took away my ability to walk or even stand. In addition, there was at least one week when I could barely move and was all but paralyzed.

It is a terribly helpless feeling being unable to take care of yourself in the most basic ways. I recall nurses coming into my room every two hours to reposition me so I did not develop bed sores. Many times I was unable to hold my bowels and ended up making a horrible mess in bed. It was frustrating. It was embarrassing. Yet it was also humbling. It reminded me we are all babes in the eyes of God and none of us are truly self sufficient.

If you ever need someone to speak with, I am here.

Jason
Jason,
Thank you. It means alot that you have reached out. Yes it happened to me too last year. But my mobility had been gradually declining over a period of years. Finally I got sick last year (not covid) and it was finally what kicked the can sort of speak. I have very complex medical conditions revolving around multiple disabilities and illnesses.

Yes it is truly humbling. God has used it significantly to change me. Not only me but the people around me.

Some days I am challenged both spiritually and mentally.

I keep reminding myself

James 1:2-4 NKJV

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Hi there just curious is anyone else in the same situation as me [immobile] in a wheelchair? ❤️
I am very sorry to hear that.

My wife is not bound to a wheel chair........but she is very close to it.

May the Lord bless you. I can not say I know how you feel, but I can say I know how my wife feels and I am sure your feelings are similar!

I am glad you found this site!

Hi there just curious is anyone else in the same situation as me [immobile] in a wheelchair? ❤️
My wife is in that situation. It's very difficult getting her around, but we're saving up to buy a mobility van. I had a metal mobility ramp installed to get her to the driveway. But, the Lord has been good to us, and we praise him for his blessings.

No elevator????? 3 stories high should have one!!!!
Yes we should but when we moved, I was mobile. Who knew 5 years would be a long journey of restricted mobility that would have ended with no mobility. Unfortunately with all the inflation, high rental prices and many other factors including these 15 minute cities the WEF/ and government is promoting we feel for the time being God has us right where we are suppose to be.

Yes we should but when we moved, I was mobile. Who knew 5 years would be a long journey of restricted mobility that would have ended with no mobility. Unfortunately with all the inflation, high rental prices and many other factors including these 15 minute cities the WEF/ and government is promoting we feel for the time being God has us right where we are suppose to be.
Well thank God your children are helping you! That speaks highly of YOU!

Back