Our Refuge

Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 8:59 a.m. – the Lord Jesus woke me with the song “Awaken the Dawn” playing in my mind. I also woke from a dream.

THE DREAM: My husband and I visited a church where we had gone before and where we had been rejected. I think the name of the church was “Providence.” There was a lady there in the Sunday School class who was trying to encourage me to come back to the church. She was very aggressive, and she kept kissing me on the lips (yuck). She encouraged me to come back and to be friendly with the people, but I told her I was not very “outgoing.” She didn’t accept that. I was really weirded out by her aggressiveness and her kisses on my lips. Yet, I wondered if God allowed this to help me get over some fears from my past. I inquired of the Lord if I should go back to this church.

In another part of the dream I was helping someone – perhaps a child – to be able to climb down a series of metal bars, which appeared to be up against rows upon rows of sets of bunk beds (perhaps more than two beds per set, for they seemed rather high up). The child appeared to be stuck on these bars, so I gave the child instructions on how to get down off these bars so that he (or she) did not fall. I taught the child to put hand over hand in climbing down these bars. Yet the child appeared to vacillate between going up and going down the bars, so he or she had not yet come off of them. END

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Jeremiah 21 (NIV): http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah%2021&version=NIV

The Kisses

In other dreams I have had where there was kissing on the lips from one person to another it was symbolic of people attempting to or putting words in other people’s mouths. The fact that I rejected this kissing, and I thought it was very weird and yucky, shows that I did not accept the words (thoughts, ideas, or beliefs) as my own. I rejected them.

When I read that King Zedekiah (king of Judah) had sent envoys to Jeremiah to ask him to inquire of the Lord, and that perhaps God would perform wonders for them as in times past so that King Neb might withdraw from them, I saw that King Zedekiah was trying to put words (thoughts, ideas, or beliefs) in Jeremiah’s mouth that were not his own, and that certainly did not represent the messages God had been giving him to give to the people.

There are many people in today’s church who reject the idea that God would judge his church. Many of them pull scriptures out of context that have to do with the final judgment and the final wrath of God in sending people to hell, and they try to convince others that God would not ever judge his church, yet that is contrary to other scriptures that teach just the opposite, including in the New Testament, and it is especially contrary to many OT prophecies related to the last days that teach very much that the apostate or the idolatrous and spiritually adulterous church of the last days will most certainly face divine judgment if she does not repent of her evil ways (see Rev 2-3 and the book of Isaiah, in particular).

Providence of God

Yet, it was not just that King Zedekiah tried to get Jeremiah to get God, basically, to withdraw his threats of judgment against the people because of their hardened and stubborn hearts, but Zedekiah wanted God to deliver them from their enemies absent of any true repentance or indication of desire to do the will of God with his or their lives (the people of Judah). Zedekiah wanted to change the providence of God in their favor absent of “the cross” in the lives of the people of God of that day.

Many in today’s church are doing exactly the same. They want the resurrection without the cross. They want the promise of eternity with God and new life in Jesus Christ without death to sin and to self. They want to twist the words of scripture in their favor so that they don’t feel guilty about lifestyles of living for self and sin. They want to believe that a simple prayer is all that is required of them to have their tickets into heaven, yet James says that even the demons believe, and they shudder.

Faith that is absent of true repentance, and is absent of a goal and desire to do the will of God is no faith at all, for scripture teaches that repentance leads to salvation and that obedience to God is evidence of having a relationship with him, and that we must die to our old lives of sin, be transformed in heart and mind, and we must put on our new lives in Christ Jesus, walking with him and following him wherever he leads us, and doing what he says to do (see Luke 9:23-25; Eph. 4:17-24; Rom. 6; I John; and Gal. 2:20, et al) – all made possible by God’s grace, and in his strength and power within us.

So, in the dream, the lady (church) from “Providence,” i.e. the church teaching a diluted gospel absent of the cross of Christ in people’s lives, trying to change the providence of God into something else, was also trying to get me to dilute the gospel message and to teach something else that would invoke the favor of God on the rebellious, adulterous, and idolatrous church of today in place of him requiring repentance and obedience for salvation. But I would not.

I would not say that an empty coke can should be the image of the space that is available for people to come to in place of the cross of Christ being available, just so I wouldn’t offend people with the cross. I wouldn’t throw out (replace) people just because they did not have what it took to draw in large crowds of people. I wouldn’t tell a lie just so I would not be rejected. I wouldn’t deny and be ashamed of the calling of God on my life just so I would be included in groups. I wouldn’t support (approve of) leadership which placated sin, displayed it openly in worship services as a stumbling block to others, and which willfully and knowingly followed false teachers, man-made teaching, and a false gospel just so I wouldn’t be asked to leave a church. I wouldn’t accept a human pastor as God’s words to me as though he were to be in place of God in my life, just so he would accept me in his congregation, and I would not accept his words over the words of God, and so on.

Life and Death

In this passage of scripture the people were instructed to submit to the Babylonians if they wanted to live. This meant they were not to resist the takeover by physical force, yet it did not mean that they were to adopt the ways of the Babylonians. The idea was that they were not to try to hold on to their religious institutions, homes, properties, etc., but they were to willingly yield them over to the invading forces. Fleeing Jerusalem meant leaving their temple behind them and yielding to God’s providence over their lives.

Yet, the Lord showed me something else here. He showed me that Babylon has already invaded the church (the institution) via 501c3 (yoked with the US government), and through the church adopting the ways of the world system (Babylon). In Revelation 18:3-5 we read that we are to “come out” of her so that we don’t share in her sins, “for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes.” So, coming out of the institutional church here in America, which has largely yoked itself with the U.S. government and the ways of this world’s system, is a lot like fleeing the city of Jerusalem and its temple, representing institutionalized religion, and it is a handing over of institutional religion to the enemy forces, as well, rather than trying to fight them off when we have already given them much access to the church.

The lady in the dream wanted me to return to the institutional church and to make nice with the people, basically, but I told her I was not very “outgoing”. In other words, instead of surrendering my faith and beliefs over to the ways of man and a false gospel (Babylon), i.e. by “going out” to “Babylon,” I was not very “out going,” i.e. I did not surrender my faith and beliefs, values and principles, integrity and my relationship with Jesus Christ to the enemy. I came out from her so that I would not share in any of her sins. That is why I left the institutional church, and I believe that is what is meant for us all to do, as well, as stated in Revelation 18. We should let the enemy have it, and we should meet together as a body of believers in Jesus Christ in the way God intended in the first place (see the book of Acts).

Rescue from the Oppressor

In the dream I was helping someone (teaching someone) to come down off these metal bars that were up against these rows upon rows of sets of bunk beds. Always in my other dreams bunk beds were symbolic of multiple covenant relationships, one on top of the other. For instance, the institutional church has a covenant relationship with Jesus Christ, supposedly, but they have added on top of that a covenant relationship with the U.S. government, which may override the first covenant relationship with Jesus Christ. And, on top of that covenant with the government they have added additional covenant relationships with mankind – human philosophies, marketing schemes, big business, and man-made religion designed to appeal to and entertain the flesh of mankind, which includes a diluted gospel so as not to offend people with the cross.

This passage teaches that we should rescue from the hand of the oppressor the one who has been robbed, and that God is against “Jerusalem” (the institution of religion absent of true faith), which says “Who can come against us? Who can enter our refuge?” They thought they were impenetrable, i.e. that no harm would come to them. So, who has the church of today “robbed”? The church has robbed all those to whom they have given out a false gospel message and thus a false hope of eternity with God, and they have robbed those who believe in the true gospel from having a profound impact on today’s church in order to spare them the judgments of God. The church is represented by these rows of bunk beds (multiple covenant relationships) with iron bars keeping out the truth from getting inside, and the only way to let go of her is to put hand over hand, i.e. God’s hand over that of man’s, and then we can escape her influence and we will not share in her sins.

Awaken the Dawn / An Original Work / January 15, 2013

Based off Psalm 57 (NIV 1984)

O my God, have mercy on me!
In the Lord, my soul takes refuge.
In the shadow of Your wings, Lord,
I find shelter till the storms pass.
I cry out to my God Most High.
He fulfills His purpose for me.
He sent His Son to die for me,
So I could be saved.

I am in the midst of lions;
Men whose teeth are spears and arrows;
Whose tongues are sharp; words accusing.
They spread a net, my feet to catch.
They dug a pit, in hopes I’d fall.
O God, be exalted o’er all.
Let Your glory shine to all men,
So they may be saved.

Steadfast is my heart, O my God;
I will sing of all Your wonders.
Awake, my soul! Sing praise to God!
Early I will rise and praise Him!
I’ll praise God among the nations;
I will sing among the peoples.
God’s love reaches to the heavens,