Our Speech

Bob Wille (Family)

Passed on, November 6, 2022
We use our tongues to praise our Lord and Father,
but then we curse people, whom God made like himself.
Praises and curses come from the same mouth!
My brothers and sisters, this should not happen.”
James 3:9-10

“I have often regretted my speech,
never my silence.”
[Publius, the Greek sage]

Naturally, God Speaks
Web 869.JPG

It seems that every time I hear this subject, I'm reminded that there are two eyes to see, two ears to hear but only one mouth to speak. I think this was God's reminder that it is better to listen twice as much as to speak.

It seems that every time I hear this subject, I'm reminded that there are two eyes to see, two ears to hear but only one mouth to speak. I think this was God's reminder that it is better to listen twice as much as to speak.

Amen, CPerkins;

I have heard that, and well, I'm still learning to listen twice as much. lol!

I have always admired others who are quick to listen.

God bless you, brother, your family and Merry Christmas.

Amen, CPerkins;

I have heard that, and well, I'm still learning to listen twice as much. lol!

I have always admired others who are quick to listen.

God bless you, brother, your family and Merry Christmas.

It is a problem of mine as well, but thankfully God helps us to overcome. Sometimes we only listen with one ear missing the full detail of what is said. Listening with both ears or active listening is harder still. It takes concentration to understand and to wait for a fuller understanding of what is being communicated. Patience and hearing someone out completely with one's full attention in what is said is difficult.

It is easy to find fault in a statement and then ignore the remainder of a conversation. Sometimes missing the real message altogether. For some they will interrupt at this time. Some might hold off to the end without really hearing the remainder of what was said. Neither is listening. Most of us are guilty of this at least from time to time.

I believe that true active listening done in love and with discretion is a gift of God. It shows that we value another person (an act of love). It can be humbling because the words may be a rebuke of some kind, which can also be an act of love on both parts. Not everything said by another is of value, but hearing it out, listening we can know the truth of a matter.

It’s a common view that women are more bitchy( name calling/ judging others) and I see it myself working with a bunch of women to which I am just as guilty! It’s just so easy to jump on the bandwagon and hang up on someone behind their back for a easier life. Then us women are nice as pie to the infidel in question...
We women can be a strange lot.

this thread is a great reminder to watch ourselves from slipping into sin

Back