Papa Smurf - Welcome to the Forum

good to see i was in christian forum.net with you
Hello Forgiven61, I posted a few times at christianforums.net, but under a different username (I just discovered that I still have an active account there as a matter of fact :)). There was a "Papa Zoom" who posted regularly, and I believe that he may have been one of the moderators or ambassadors too. Perhaps you are thinking of him?

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf

Yes, she was about 9 and we were content with our CCM when she picked up the recorder then the clarinet and then the piano. She was able to mimic Glenn Gould to a T playing the Goldberg Variations and other Bach pieces (contrapuntal stuff). She took lessons in both clarinet and piano, but when she entered college as a music major her teacher nearly destroyed her aspirations; now at the University of Iceland she is working on her Masters in Ancient Languages (of some sort).
I'm very sorry to hear that she had such a bad experience with one of her teachers but, PTL, it sounds like she landed on her feet (hopefully in a field that she loves too)!!

University of Iceland!! WOW, that sounds like a fun college (and country) to visit :)

--Papa Smurf

Hello Forgiven61, I posted a few times at christianforums.net, but under a different username (I just discovered that I still have an active account there as a matter of fact :)). There was a "Papa Zoom" who posted regularly, and I believe that he may have been one of the moderators or ambassadors too. Perhaps you are thinking of him?

God bless you!!

--Papa Smurf
yup i use to be there

I'm very sorry to hear that she had such a bad experience with one of her teachers but, PTL, it sounds like she landed on her feet (hopefully in a field that she loves too)!!

University of Iceland!! WOW, that sounds like a fun college (and country) to visit :)

--Papa Smurf
Well, you can pray for her salvation, she has a lot going for her except the main thing. 🙏

Back