People After Creation

When I read Genesis chapter four, I notice that Cain and Seth both have wives. Where did these women come from?

this verses can be considered imo:

Genesis 4:14
King James Version (KJV)
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

who else that will be interested to findeth:

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/2162-avenger-of-blood

AVENGER OF BLOOD

Biblical Data:
(Hebrew "go'el"): The Hebrew name for the clansman, "next of kin," upon whom devolved the duties: (1) of avenging, on the person of the murderer, the blood of a murdered kinsman—in this capacity the more specific term "go'el ha-dam" (blood-avenger) was generally used—and (2) of redeeming the property or the person of a relative that had fallen into debt.

Same here my friend. If you missed it it is because you wanted to miss it.
You've made no point other than quoting that verse over and over again without any other explanation. I already said that could mean that those other sons and daughters were before Seth, but since it doesn't say that specifically it is ambiguous.

You've made no point other than quoting that verse over and over again without any other explanation. I already said that could mean that those other sons and daughters were before Seth, but since it doesn't say that specifically it is ambiguous.
I doubt that this is an issue to get all hot and bothered about. There are about three different ways we could understand that passage.
1. Adam fathered an unspecified number of children in the 800 years after Seth.

2. Adam fathered an unspecified number of children during his 930 years of life.

3. By implication, Adam fathered an unspecified number of children the procreation of which continued during the 800 year period after the birth of Seth.

To my way of understanding, the very fact that we are not given volumes of specific information is proof enough that the 'missing' information is just not important enough for the Lord to have caused it all to be chronicled.
That being the case, why should we get 'all hot under the collar' with each other?
Let's just say that Adam with Eve, (and maybe some of Adam's daughters for all we know) did their best to populate the Earth.

I doubt that this is an issue to get all hot and bothered about. There are about three different ways we could understand that passage.

2. Adam fathered an unspecified number of children during his 930 years of life.

3. By implication, Adam fathered an unspecified number of children the procreation of which continued during the 800 year period after the birth of Seth.

To my way of understanding, the very fact that we are not given volumes of specific information is proof enough that the 'missing' information is just not important enough for the Lord to have caused it all to be chronicled.
That being the case, why should we get 'all hot under the collar' with each other?
Let's just say that Adam with Eve, (and maybe some of Adam's daughters for all we know) did their best to populate the Earth.

I'm sorry. Major has that effect on me with his NOPES. Yeah, it really doesn't matter to me either way. It's not a salvation issue.

:) You shoulda seen the 'donnybrooks' we both had when I first came to this forum.:)
But now, he is a much loved brother in Christ.

Last edited:
:) You shoulda seen the 'donnybrooks' we both had when I first came to this forum.:)
But now, he is a much loved brother in Christ.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen. I have no problem disagreeing with people, but I don't like arguments (shocking, right?). I like nice and civil discussions. :)

Good grief. Even posting it over and over and you still missed it.

Cain killed Abel. Up to this point there are recorded in the Bible FOUR people. Adam and Eve, both created by God. Cain and Abel given birth by Eve.

Genesis 4:8 Cain kills his only brother. Now there are THREE people on the earth.

Agreed!

Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen. I have no problem disagreeing with people, but I don't like arguments (shocking, right?). I like nice and civil discussions. :)

As do I! Now what if I said that your avatar really bothers me. You would say to me......to bad, I dont care what you think about it.

So then the use of the word NOPE should in no way effect you at all.

You do know that the Scriptures tell us that if we want to have friends, we must first be friendly.

Why don't we try to do that? YOU and me both. Life is awful short not to be friends with others, dont you think?

And by the way......calvin was wrong and I was right in what what ever it was we is referring to (lol).

Blessing to you calvin!!!!

Wow, only 5 pages and already we have the classic "Read back" "No, you read back", "no You" cycle. Congratulations on accelerating the usual 20-30 page process.

When I read Genesis chapter four, I notice that Cain and Seth both have wives. Where did these women come from?
I believe they all came from Adam and Eve! For 2 reasons,

1) Sin entered the world through sin of one man (Adam). After that everyone is "born" into sin. Psalmist quotes this at many places.. We are imputed with righteousness of Christ through our spiritual death.. So if God created other couples, then it leaves a big big question mark on whether they would have been sinners or not
2) Bible clearly records that Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters.. Makes it more obvious!

What if........,

We read that Cain and Abel both brought their sacrifices to the Lord, now I think we can all agree they weren't babies, but either teenagers or young men that knew their occupations from experience, so with that in mind,

Eve bare a son and named him Cain, meaning I've got a man, could she be thinking, hoping he was the one that would crush the head of the serpent? Now remember after experiencing the perfection of the Garden she had lived under the curse for at least nine months, certainly she was hoping Cain was the one and life would go back to what it was like in the Garden, however as time passed it became evident to her he was not the expected/promised One, then she gave birth to Abel and was so disappointed in him she named him emptiness, vanity, unsatisfactory, then 130 years passed, which logic and human nature suggests she and Adam made more babies and then it's recorded Seth was born, but by this time, after living under the curse for 130 years she didn't hold much hope in Seth being the promised one, becasue he was named, let's just watch this one, consider he ways, what will he do?

The point being, Eve had lost hope (women, can you imagine 129 child births) so the reason Seth was even named in the Story is God's way of showing us, giving to us the name of one man (as there are many others named throughout Scripture) in the genealogy of his Son proving/authenticating He was the son of Adam, the fulfillment of the promise given to His great grandfather that He would crush the serpents head, ...hence His title, the Last Adam........, and is not to be considered a chronological record of the children born to Adam and Eve, ...but it is a parenthesis in the account of the life of Adam.

Blessings,

Gene

Last edited:
Back