Perfection is a must

Cturtle

Senior Moderator / Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
You got me thinking about the Word perfection. In the Bible it means something totally different than what we think of today. We think makes no mistakes... the Bible puts it as...
You, therefore, must be perfect [growing into complete maturity of godliness in mind and character, having reached the proper height of virtue and integrity], as your heavenly Father is perfect. [Lev. 19:2, 18.]
Matthew 5:48 AMPC.

Thank you weewillie for sharing your beautiful artwork.

Blessings

You got me thinking about the Word perfection. In the Bible it means something totally different than what we think of today. We think makes no mistakes... the Bible puts it as...
You, therefore, must be perfect [growing into complete maturity of godliness in mind and character, having reached the proper height of virtue and integrity], as your heavenly Father is perfect. [Lev. 19:2, 18.]
Matthew 5:48 AMPC.

Thank you weewillie for sharing your beautiful artwork.

Blessings
Hi Cturtle.

You are so thoughtful by expanding the word "Perfection" and bringing it to the fore. It is always beneficial when someone posts reminders for us all.

So sad though to read Ezekiel 2 where the word "Perfection" is referred to in the past tense. However, it really had to be used in such a manner.
We can only but learn from the story.

Regards.

weewillie

A perfected screwdriver makes a poor hammer.

We must be perfect, but being perfect is individualized.

I cannot perform your service for the Lord, and you cannot do mine.

Being perfect is being fully ready to perform the service the Lord has set before us.

Amens/Likes: chili