to move her away from apathy and to provide opportunities
to advance His kingdom.

[Excerpt from book “Unleashed”]

My answer is that our arch-enemy, Satan, is ready and willing
to have us give up on our faith in Christ. And he uses people
to carry our his plans. We cannot (and should not) give in to Satan,
or to anyone he uses to cause a weakening of our commitment
to our Lord and Savior.
We are in a battle that we cannot win on our own abilities.
We must continue to pray for divine intervention in these spiritual situations.

And everyone will hate you because you are my followers.”
Luke 21:17

We must welcome persecution. God allows persecution against the church
to advance His kingdom.

I have struggled with this verse..I don’t believe I’m being persecuted( at least not yet)....So am I supposed to pray for enemies?

Hello Bob and Via dolarossa;

I had a long unhappy conversation with a believer late last night. They pointed out something I did wrong and was so taken aback because I wasn't aware that I did anything wrong. I had no idea the person was so upset and questioned their trust in me.

I calmly said I didn't realize that I had done anything wrong and tried to reason, rationalize and make logical sense with the other believer but to no avail. Instead, I put myself aside, took a step back and applied the teaching from:

James 1:19-20, 19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

From this reading the Holy Spirit filled me to receive listening, availability, attention, attitude of love, ask questions and be receiving of all angles of this uncomfortable encounter.

The scolding lasted a long time, it was not easy, it was hard. But when the other person was finally done, and had gotten everything off their chest, I didn't defend or explain myself, instead I asked for forgiveness.

Speaking for myself, I felt persecuted because I didn't feel I did anything wrong. Had I pushed back and defended myself to the point of anger it would have gotten worse. I know my anger. It was best to stand for Jesus and allow the Holy Spirit to fill me with what to say and do during this long encounter.

I realized the Lord was with me and it turned out right. When I asked for forgiveness for "hurting the other person," "me not being aware of myself" and "the measures I would take for next time" calmed the other person who then apologized to me for getting so upset.

Many times we will be persecuted when we least expect it from the world and sadly, from other believers. We may be Christians but we are still men and women.

Yes, during those times we must pray incessantly for our enemies and those who oppose us. After all, many prayed for me at a time when I was their enemy or opposed them. Praise God for His mercies, forgiveness and grace.

Thank you for being willing to reveal the real-life encounter you experienced.
You were willing to humble yourself to the point that the one you were addressing
and asked forgiveness for your rhetoric. I believe God then used your heartfelt apology
to soften their heart so that they, too, could then apologize to you.
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'"
Matthew 25:21 (NIV)

I have an old KJV Scofield study bible Ive managed to hang onto for roughly 30 years. Every time I re-read the notes on the bottom of the pages they speak to me differently. I was reading in the book of Mathew. The apostles sure did cast out a lot of demons. My conclusion is either people are filled with the holy spirit, or they could easily become demon possessed. May we remember to wear our armor daily, to quench the firey darts of the devil.

And everyone will hate you because you are my followers.”
Luke 21:17

We must welcome persecution. God allows persecution against the church
to advance His kingdom.

The more spiritual we become the more we are hated beings.

Back