pig meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
John, that ain't exactly what's mentioned in all of Mark 7. Ya gotta take the entire Chapter as an entire teaching, not just a couple of verses out of context.

In the previous verses, Christ is sayin' that man puts his OWN traditions in front of God's laws and orders. And THAT means that none of the laws are changed, it's just that man has a mind of his own and changes them laws to suit MAN and disregards God orders. That's the point of the whole chapter, about inner purity, not actual food. He only used the food comparison in that chapter as a PARABLE, not literal. Read the whole chapter and you'll see what he was gettin' at. A couple Bible translations and denominations used that to justify eatin' everything; incorrectly, because the subject of the chapter is ignored and that one verse is all that is taught. That ain't the way God's Word is supposed to be studied.

If that aint the way God's word is to be studied then why did you just study it that way......your explanation of this chapter is kind of off.......He did not use the food as a parable....vs. 14-17 is the parable....

14And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand: 15There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
16If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
17And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.

Where is food mentioned in that parable.....it is not....
so where is food mentioned.....vs. 18-23 He gives the explanation of the parable to the disciples..that is where He mentions food and meat......all throughout the gospels Jesus speaks in parables to the people, but to the disciple He explains.....the food not defiling you was in the explanation not the parable.......The idea of not eating unclean meat was originally a command of God, but it became a tradition of man....going to church was a command of God, but now it has become a tradition of man, going to fulfill some religious duty and not to truly get equipped to do the work of the ministry......prayer was a command of God, but now it is a tradition of man because alot of people pray because it is what they are supposed to do and not because they truly want to talk to the Creator........anything God commanded can become a tradition of man if not done out of the right heart........that is what this is talking about.....food, unwashed hands, or anything God commanded that you turn into a tradition and ignore the God who commanded it.....

And if you hold this command of God so strongly, what about the others.....
1. you can't wear clothing of mixed linens.....has to be 100% cotton or

polyester.....no mixed......
2. anyone who curses mother or father must be put to death....
Exo. 21:17(how many kids have you killed)
3. anyone who works on the sabbath must be put to death.... Exo. 31:15
(how many 911 operators or doctors have you killed)

Take your own advice....study the whole thing without your pre-concieved ideas.....it works alot better

Radical Freak,
it appears you are mocking Paducahluke.
Your last statement seemed hateful and I don't like seeing this just because we don't agree with someone.
We need to respect the fact that we all have different opinions.

I don't agree with everything this man says either but I have talked with him many times and he happens to be a very smart man.

We just cannot be insulting to others here on the forum.
I like seeing/reading everyone's different views.

Radical Freak,
I apologize if you feel I was rude to you in anyway.
I certainly didn't mean to be.
Blessings, Violet

Radical Freak,
it appears you are mocking Paducahluke.
Your last statement seemed hateful and I don't like seeing this just because we don't agree with someone.
We need to respect the fact that we all have different opinions.

I don't agree with everything this man says either but I have talked with him many times and he happens to be a very smart man.

We just cannot be insulting to others here on the forum.
I like seeing/reading everyone's different views.

Violet I wasn't trying to be hateful at all....I can tell he is a very smart man.....I apologize if it sounded mocking.....it wasn't meant to be....I love reading and hearing everyone's views as well......It is so interesting to me......I didn't mean anything bad by that at all, I was just pointing out that is easy for us all to get sucked into the misinterpreting of scripture. But again I apologize if it seemed hateful or rude......I'm sorry....I honestly didn't mean it that way.

From Papa Ray

As I read over this I see no one has figured out the real reason that pork is bad. Just the same as you should not drink milk when you eat meat. De14:21

The reason pork is bad for you is proven by science, which God gave us to better understand things. Pigs never stop eating, so there stomach acids get diluted and it is pass in to the blood stream and cause the meat to become acidic.

Plus

Pork is regarded as one of the kinds of meat that contain the most cholesterol, an increase of which in the bloodstream leads to an increased likelihood of blocked arteries. The fatty acids in pork are also of an unusual formation, when compared with the fatty acids in other types of food, which makes them more easily absorbed by the body, thus increasing cholesterol levels.

Pork meat and pork fat contribute to the spread of cancers of the colon, rectum, prostate and blood.

Pork meat and pork fat contribute to obesity and related diseases that are difficult to treat.

Eating pork leads to scabies, allergies and stomach ulcers.

Eating pork causes lung infections which result from tapeworms, lungworms and microbial infections of the lungs.

As for not drink milk when eating meat, the meat cancels the calcium in the milk.

The bible is Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

Remember, it is Gods delight to hid the truth and the glory of Kings to seek it out. Maybe we should not be following our owned desires and seek out why God even told them not to do something in the first place.

Do you think that he said all those things just to make more rules? No not at all there was not doubt physical reason, just as modern science has proven.

Just as shell fish. Put a shell fish in a tank of dirty water, and presto the water becomes clean. Where did the dirty go? You eat it.

Seek why they where not allowed, to not why you want to.

Pig 'Roast' -

This thread was started in February 2006 and lasted just a couple of days. It was recently 'resurrected', so to speak, and this time it generated hard feelings and a yes it is verses no it isn't stalemate.

Member "Papa Ray" furnished medical information that the Moderator Team has reviewed and verified. We are going to leave it at that.

This thread is now closed and we would ask that the topic not be revisited. It will be archived for future member reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back