Plant Based Meats coming to your restaurant

Looks like plant based meats is taking hold in many places....

"What is plant-based meat? Here's a list of some of TODAY's favorite plant-based meat alternatives that taste, well, like meat!
  • Impossible Burger. ...
  • Beyond Meat Burger.
  • Beyond Sausage.
  • Lightlife Italian Sausage. ...
  • Abbot's Butcher "Chorizo"
  • Before the Butcher UNCUT Breakfast Sausage Patty. ...
  • Tyson's Raised & Rooted "Plant-Based Nuggets" ...
"If it looks like a burger, cooks like a burger and even tastes like a burger, it must be a burger, right? Well, not anymore.

"Burgers," made with plant-based ingredients instead of animal meat, have become a hot item in grocery stores and even fast food chains. The Beyond Burger — which Carl's Jr., the restaurant famous for its particularly meaty dishes with ads starring models, incorporated into its menu — and the Impossible Burger, adapted by Burger King as a new Whopper patty, are two examples of the trendy alternatives out there.

And unlike the fake meats that are often relegated into the vegan section, the newest crop of plant-based options are found in the meat aisle at your local supermarket. That's right, the meat aisle! These companies aren't just making food for vegans and vegetarians — they're coming after meat lovers."Want to try out plant-based meat? Here are our top 10 product picks

What does everyone think?

Wow finally they are catching on to the vegetarians.
I remember years ago when I wasnt eating meat, and couldnt go to any restaurants because none had vegetarian dishes. If all your friends went to mcdonalds, there was nothing you could really eat except maybe a filet o fish and the chips. (Some vegetarians eat fish)
You could ask for a hamburger without the patty, but everyone would look at you strange.

I dont know about putting plants based meats in the meat aisle, but everything is so wrapped up these days i dont think theres any chance of cross contamination. Most are found in the deli where the tofu and cheese is.

You have to try some of them, my brother showed me some of the plant bases meats he bought as they have it in the stores in Oregon, and we went with my nephew in Colorado to a vegan restaurant as he want to try out what they had. So we took my stepson in Dallas to try some and he and his wife really liked the Impossible Whopper were surprised how close it was to what they usually have at Whataburger.

The 7 day adventists gave us cornflakes and weetbix. Am not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing (to me they taste like cardboard)

Do you work in a restaurant Hobie? Just wondering, you seem to be posting a few threads about restaurants

For vegans/vegetarians theres more choice available now in burger patties like

Corn fritters
Quorn
Falafel made from chickpeas
Mushrooms

A pattie is basically anything thats ground up and fried in a flat shape to put in a burger bun, so am surprised that many people hadnt thought of using vegetables rather than meat.

What I find funny is hamburgers arent actually made from ham. They are named after a town in germany called Hamburg.

Carls JRs opened in the last couple of years in nz. We were like what another US fast food chain, there already heaps of burger places. I think only ate there once. Generally consensus is their burgers arent anything special. Sorry carls jr.

Siloam has an entire thread of going from milk to meat.

In the Bible, God said the herbs were meant to be as meat for us. So I think maybe he just meant meat in terms of solid food. Cos He didnt say those herbs are meant to be your veges. Go sacrifice some animals if you want meat.

Today I actually saw this plant based meat things at Dominos pizza menu At first I was confused. Plant based meats, is that the same as grass fed beef or something.

I didnt order it though just had Italian veg pizza instead. I was a bit wary of trying it.

Back